Selection criteria in the Marketplace - page 4

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Well a demo, it's not a tester. So it's fine - put it out there.)

What exactly

Sprut112:
What exactly

File, with a couple of activations)

Vasiliy Kolesov:

What is the reason for the change in the picture?

How should I know the reasons? I see the result.

A TS that gives too many good trades is actually a "statistical artifact" - that is, a simple coincidence. Clearly a repeat is highly unlikely. All my TS, which show similar 90% of profitable trades - belong to the "reverse trailing" type - when SL is not set, and TP decreases with each bar. In my experience this is a very unstable type of TS.

Many people do not realise that if manual trading involves placing pending orders, TPs and SLs, they are not necessary for EAs.

But that does not mean that there are no pending orders, TPs and SLs in a robot. They are just virtual and are executed when the price reaches the required level. There are also virtual trailing stops.

How do virtual stops differ from physical ones? They do not need to be moved all the time and send frequent requests to the broker's server. Frequent requests put a great load on the server and therefore all of these levels are checked in the program.

But virtuality has one disadvantage. If for some reason the connection between your robot and the broker's server is interrupted, your account will be left without control.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Many people do not realise that if manual trading involves placing pending orders, TPs and SLs, they are not necessary for EAs.

But that does not mean that there are no pending orders, TPs and SLs in a robot. They are just virtual and are executed when the price reaches the required level. There are also virtual trailing stops.

How do virtual stops differ from physical ones? In that they do not need to be moved all the time and send frequent requests to the broker's server. Frequent requests put a great load on the server and therefore all of these levels are checked in the program.

But virtuality has one disadvantage. If for some reason the connection between your robot and the broker's server is interrupted, your account will be left without control.

That's right, 60-70 per cent of successful trades is the ceiling for a robot. Further on, you need to go in the black either through quantity or stop optimisation

Sprut112:
You're right: 60-70 percent of successful trades is the ceiling for a robot. Further on, you need to go in the black either through quantity or stop optimisation

This is not a ceiling, but depends on the risk chosen. The first thing to look at is profitability, maximum drawdown and deposit load.

If the monthly gain is only a few percent and the max drawdown is above 30%, then it's not good for anything.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

This is not a ceiling, but depends on the risk chosen. The first thing to look at is profitability, maximum drawdown and deposit load.

If the monthly increase is only a few percent and the max. drawdown is say above 30%, then it's not good for anything.

A normal inbuilt Macd simle, gives excellent values for free. Then why reinvent the wheel

Sprut112:
The usual built-in Macd simle, gives excellent performance, and for free. Why reinvent the wheel then?

I remember you said "excellent trading", you had an Expert Advisor on a bunch of symbols, and it showed 90% positive trades... How's it going with him?

Georgiy Merts:

I remember you talking about "great trading", you had an expert set up on a bunch of symbols, and it showed 90% positive trades... How's it going with him?

It's dead. Changed tactics.

Sprut112:
It's a dead heat. Changed tactics.

That's sad. Well, my TC League report - I'll post it tomorrow morning...