The principles of non-syndicator trading systems. - page 7

Martin Cheguevara:

I understand... but your grid works and mine does not... so what works for you will not work for me I have already checked. Yes...You're right I was decreasing the TP...still it turns out that I'm increasing the loss and it's the same as if I was increasing the lots because the loss is several times greater than the profit...

I do not have a grid. A grid is the opening of positions in a certain interval. My orders are opened by a trading system signal. I get a signal, the order opens, even if it has already been opened earlier.

Vitalii Ananev:

I don't have a grid. A grid is the opening of positions at a given interval. I open orders on a signal from the trading system. I get a signal and the order opens, even if it has already been opened earlier.

This is a grid. The grid is when there are several open orders in one direction i.e. to strengthen a position.

Since the risk is 4%, i.e. 4 orders, if three orders are open, a grid of two orders is present in any case,

if the lot is the same everywhere then two orders out of three form a lot and the third is the resulting lot then the fourth order would form either a full lot or a grid of two unidirectional orders.

the distance need not be fixed because the result is the same everywhere - increasing orders increasing the resulting lot.

Since your lot is also dynamic, the calculation of the resulting lot is more complicated, but the essence doesn't change.

That's what I mean.

Martin Cheguevara:

so it is a grid. A grid is when there are several open orders in one direction, i.e. a reinforcement of a position.

Since the risk is 4%, i.e. 4 orders, if three orders are open, a grid of two orders is present in any case,

if the lot is the same everywhere then two orders out of three form a lot and the third is the resulting lot then the fourth order would form either a full lot or a grid of two unidirectional orders.

the distance need not be fixed because the result is the same everywhere - increasing orders increasing the resulting lot.

Since your lot is also dynamic, the calculation of the resulting lot is more complicated, but the essence doesn't change.

That's what I mean.

A grid is with a common take and stop. Everything is separate, so it has nothing to do with the grid.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

A grid is with a common take and stop. But everything is separate, so it has nothing to do with a grid.

...Ok, if we open 4 orders with a stop of 100 pips at Buy in 25 pips on the average +-10 pips, what is it then?

Martin Cheguevara:

so it is a grid. A grid is when there are several open orders in one direction, i.e. a reinforcement of a position.

Since your lot is also dynamic, the calculation of resulting lot becomes more complicated, but the essence doesn't change.

That is what I meant.

Oh, I see. We just had different ideas about the grid. Order opening in one direction(volume building) is usually called pyramiding. But my orders can be multidirectional, not just to one side.

I'm not claiming anything or imposing anything, I was just trying to figure it out, that's all. don't get me wrong.

Martin Cheguevara:
I'm not claiming to be original or imposing anything, I was just trying to figure it out, that's all. don't get me wrong...

Of course you are. I'm also sharing my opinion and I don't claim to be original, much less the truth in the last instance. :)