Suggestions for MQL syntax - page 6

Реter Konow:

The AI is asking to be an advisor. That's the future.

Just one example where it's asking for it?

fxsaber:

Just one example where it's asking for it?

Is the word 'councillor' not an example? AI cries out from the term itself))

Why is fantasy so difficult...) I don't even know how else to explain it...

AI will be a new level of algotrading.

(Understand - don't care about profits from the Market, you need to develop algotrading independently of it. This is a self-target. )

fxsaber:

There are very few libraries, that's why the modern programmer feels very uncomfortable in MQL.

The above mentioned already pointed out that it's problematic to implement normal flexible containers here. What kind of comfort can we talk about? Just stuffed calls to library functions? Then by your logic, the programmer would feel like a fish in water in ancient MQL4 if there were libraries, wouldn't he?

However, I think that functionality, usability and reliability of the language itself are of paramount importance. Just to write a working g****-code is not the purpose of a good programmer, because then there will be a long debugging and maintenance of this code.

Реter Konow:

The AI is asking to be an advisor. This is the future.

So if the AI is in the EA, why would it need you? The EA will quickly realise this and try to get rid of you, with your global multidimensional arrays and other sadism.)

Реter Konow:

(Understand - don't care about profits from the Market, you need to develop Algotrading independently of it. It's a self-imposed goal. )

Nowadays, algotrading is like a gifted artist on a photo-robot composing job in the criminal department. He wants to turn around, and everyone around him asks, "why???" Why do you need paints and a canvas? Grab a sheet of paper and a pencil. You don't need anything else.

That's right, because CSIs aren't people prone to fantasy. They don't need art at work.

But really, - Algotrading is a business in itself. Regardless of the market.

As long as we develop Algotrading as an independent business, both "paints" and "canvas" will be in demand. As soon as we get fixated on profits from the market, we will throw it all away, and again only a sheet of paper and a pencil...

You can make steeper profits on algotrading than on the market. Therefore, it needs to be developed on its own.

you mean on *** that will buy algorithms and useless panels

it is possible to make cooler money than in the market (when you don't know how), so it needs to be developed in its own right

Alexey Navoykov:
So if the AI is in the EA, why would it need you? The EA will quickly realise this and try to get rid of you, with your global multidimensional arrays and other sadism.)

I'm only talking about AI as an intellectual wrapper. I don't mean a real AI, which can hardly be created at all.

Alexey Navoykov:

As someone has already mentioned above, it would be uncomfortable to implement normal flexible containers here. What kind of comfort could we be talking about, just stuffing calls to library functions? Then by your logic, in ancient MQL4 the programmer would feel like a fish in water if there were libraries, wouldn't he?

The libraries we are talking about could not exist in the old MQL4. And in modern MQL5 - similarly.

However, I think functionality, usability and reliability of the language itself are of paramount importance. Simply writing a shitty* code is not the goal of a good programmer, because then there will be a long debugging and maintenance of this code.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Suggestions for MQL syntax

fxsaber, 2018.10.04 08:51

Not comfortable writing something quickly for Market/Freelance. The key word is "fast". And it almost doesn't apply to EAs for yourself. I.e. you need to create code for others quickly.

You're talking mostly about making it easier to make money on MQL5 services as a programmer.

Реter Konow:
(Understand - don't care about profits from the Market, you need to develop algotrading independently. This is a self-inflicted goal. )

As for me, I don't care if it takes a chisel and a stone axe, the main thing is to have a more or less stable profit.

fxsaber:

The libraries in question could not exist in ancient MQL4. And in modern MQL5 - similarly.

Why? What algotrading tasks cannot be implemented in old MQL4 (except GUI)?

You are mainly talking about making it easier to make money in MQL5 as a programmer.

I don't really understand why I'm drawing such a conclusion. I'm talking about making life easier for programmers in general.