Record on the Market - page 3

Реter Konow:

Search not by code, but by author. )

I know local professionals. It helps in searching. (I've never searched for anything in kodobase, though.)

In the marketplace I only look at the tops.

About tops ... how shall I put it ... in general, the inside is not everything as it appears on the window. There are exceptions, of course. I guess. But I've seen a couple of what's inside.

Реter Konow:
In the market I only look at the tops.

Contradict yourself.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Record on the Market

Retag Konow, 2018.08.21 21:37

More products means more competition. Competition drives quality growth.

In real life, and not always. I've been shopping for 10 years and I've been spinning in retail for 3 years. The competition is growing but the quality is not. Quality is lagging behind by an order of magnitude.

Vadim Zotov:

And at the top of newcomers now there will be all sorts of half-finished products mixed together with professional codes. Old professionals will leave from this disrespect, and you will look for new ones, trying a huge number of raw products.

Well, the inconvenience of finding new quality products will probably arise at some point. I don't disagree. But I think you're exaggerating a bit. It's no big deal. Everything will work out in the marketplace. In addition, the newcomers also need to give a chance to be in the top. Again, an incentive for growth.

Evgeny Belyaev:

Contradict yourself.

In real life, and not always. I've been shopping for 10 years and I've been spinning in retail for 3 years. The competition is growing, but the quality is not. Quality is lagging behind by an order of magnitude.

Well, that means there's some kind of competition, the wrong kind. I don't know...

By the way, what's the contradiction to yourself?

Реter Konow:

newcomers should also be given a chance to be at the top. Again, an incentive for growth.

They won't get there, and if they do, they won't stay there for long.

Evgeny Belyaev:

They won't be there, and if they are, they won't be there for long.

So what's the danger then? If they don't stay there for long? Well, they show up and then they're gone. They'll end up on the tenth page of the market. But it'll be their finest hour.

Still seems to need a limit for publishing new products from one account for 1-2. Maybe a different figure. With product updates, a limit is not necessary of course. It would put the spammers under pressure.

Реter Konow:

I believe that the ease of publishing products will help the marketplace. That is, the easier it is to publish a product, the more interesting it is for developers. From a commercial point of view.

More products - more competition. Competition stimulates the growth of quality. Decrease in the difficulty of publishing - this is most likely an incentive for MQL-developers. For them to compete and do more and better.

imho.

I totally agree with you.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

A minimum price tag of $30 protects the Market ecosystem from being dumped. Rubbish will never sell for $30. So there's no need to worry about declining sales.

Looks like the minimum price is no longer $30. If you open "Market -> MetaTrader 5 -> New", there are products at $15.

Artyom Trishkin:

About the top ... how shall I put it ... all in all not everything is as it appears on the showcase. There are exceptions, of course. Probably. But I've seen a couple of what's inside.

Maybe. No argument there. The quality of MQL programs is far from reaching its peak. For it to reach its peak, it needs competition.