You have a technical mind, don't you? - page 7

Ivan Butko:

Now tell me, do you agree or disagree with an authoritative scientist? :)

I agree. They create mathematical models to describe reality, which (mathematical constructs) are valuable in themselves.

And then, some of those constructs are used to describe physical reality, the adequacy of which is proven by experiments conducted in the key of the relevant methodology.

But sometimes, on the contrary, physicists (experimentally discovering something new) puzzle mathematicians to create an appropriate apparatus.

But, in any case, the "nonsense" as a generally accepted physical theory will not figure. You can see how powerful, comprehensive and beautiful superstring theory is, but it is still regarded as just a mathematical construction.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

It is no longer a "free market", but it is still a market. Any market is regulated in one way or another by some state (or inter-state organisation), even the stock exchange or forex.

A market is a set of processes and procedures that ensure the exchange between buyers (consumers) and sellers (suppliers) of particular goods and services.

Yes, you are quite right. And the state is thereby manifesting the will of its people. The bureaucracy is now attacked everywhere, and in fact the bureaucracy is 100% protecting the downtrodden, the crooked, the slanted, etc., the hungry, from encroaching on them. The bureaucracy protects 100% of the humiliated, the crooked and the hungry. And the fact that they sometimes turn out to be ignorant but have connections with their relatives and until they find out what's going on, many years will pass and will they find out? This is bad. And when it comes to the government, you as a voter should have thought before - who did you elect?!, and now you wait for the next election term; or take a pitchfork and make your own way into parliament, if you have the strength and intelligence to conquer and convince the established system with your temper and character that is not excessively cool. And so, if they trade in the market, then you as a voter are also trading, blaming the state - you are blaming (without paying attention to it), yourself.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

This is true for markets with perfect competition. Oil and gasoline markets are hardly one of them.

Of course, the prime example is Russia's agreement with OPEC.

Interested in the notion of a perfectly competitive market, I googled it and here are its features

• An infinite number of equal buyers and sellers;
  • homogeneity and separability of products sold;
  • absence of barriers to entry or exit from the market;
  • high mobility of production factors;
  • equal and full access of all participants to information (commodity prices).

My understanding is that this is an idealised model, not found in nature. And further:In a real economy, an exchange market is most similar to a perfect competition market. In the course of observing the phenomena of economic crises, Keynesians came to the conclusion that this form of competition usually fails and can only be overcome by external intervention.

Here we go...

Can you think of any examples of markets with perfect competition?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Of course, the prime example is Russia's agreement with OPEC.

Interested in the notion of a perfectly competitive market, I googled it and here are its attributes

• An infinite number of equal buyers and sellers;
  • homogeneity and separability of products sold;
  • absence of barriers to entry or exit from the market;
  • high mobility of production factors;
  • equal and full access of all participants to information (commodity prices).

My understanding is that this is an idealised model, not found in nature. And further:In a real economy, an exchange market is most similar to a perfect competition market. In the course of observing the phenomena of economic crises, Keynesians came to the conclusion that this form of competition usually fails and can only be overcome by external intervention.

Here we go...

Can you give examples of markets with perfect competition?

Not that I'm an economics expert, but I think an appropriate example would be something illegal (drugs etc) or semi-legal (berry dough, freelancers etc)

Alexey Volchanskiy:

My understanding is that this is some kind of idealised model, not found in nature. And further:In the real economy, the stock market is most similar to a perfect competition market. In the course of observing the phenomena of economic crises, Keynesians came to the conclusion that this form of competition usually fails, which can only be overcome by external intervention.

Here we go...

Can you give examples of markets with perfect competition?

I mean, someone rushes to the rescue?! Someone must have planned for help beforehand or allowed it to happen, claiming it was the best market. You can try; it's when the participants of the market, will look at your thing and admire it, and in their brains will build ideas, how to improve their thing?!, so that it would be better than yours; instead of thinking about how to sneak into your territory at night and break your beautiful thing, or steal it, but make it so that it would not be present in the market at all anymore. If they take tough measures against the latter, the market will develop without crises, but with the latter there will be a permanent crisis, Engels wrote about it that (in his own words) every idea comes to a standstill in economic development and begins to eat itself, and the way out needs outside intervention, they just constructed this old thesis, and Engels was verbally abused, so be it; We have a law in our country, people know little about it, which allows them to make suggestions. So one should not resort to otherworldly forces, but use this law, because sometimes a milkmaid knows better what to think about something than a man who spent his whole life on this task. It is necessary to listen to your inner potential and not to wait for help from those who seem to want to give it to you beforehand, but to throw them into the ice-hole.

Yes, external, Engels probably suspected that when he wrote this thesis, in psychology there is just such a moment, and everybody knows about morning, that in the morning with a fresh brain you can learn in one go what you studied yesterday for half a day and did not remember. And it is most likely that when Engels spoke of the external, he meant the view not of an economist about economics, the view not of a physicist about physics, the view not of a mathematician about mathematics, etc.

Ivan Butko:

Question ....

An authoritative scientist picks up a sheet of paper and says that the plane of the leaf is the surface of the leaf. Then he tells you that the surface of the sheet is a volume, and that what is outside the sheet is nothing. Then he tells you that the surface of the sheet is space, which has a volume. That is, ours, the real thing. Next, he takes, bends the leaf, and says, "now the distance from one edge of the leaf to the other edge of the leaf has shrunk. It's called a wormhole." And because of it, one day, we'll be able to travel faster in space."

Now tell me, do you agree or disagree with the authoritative scientist? :)

My mind is strongly against it.

Space is an infinite set of dimensions from any point of reference.

Space is infinite from any point of reference.

Space is a single infinite whole without boundaries.

What angle shall we bend if there are no angles as such?

I admit the curvature of space, if we admit that the space object with some conditional shell of space comes into contact with another object of the same kind and creates the curvature like changing the form of the surface of two contacted balls.

But that would not be the concept of space, it would be a completely different term.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

And everyone is such a financier, you could promote them to the Nobel Prize :)

yeah

currencies, indexes, margin, volume, equity, futures, puts, calls, OI, BA, FA, TA, financial formulas, etc.

And so it goes...

what kind of technician is this now?

Renat Akhtyamov:

yeah

currencies, indexes, margin, volume, equity, futures, puts, calls, OI, BA, FA, TA, financial formulas, etc.

And so it went...

what kind of technician is this now?

postch-financier!)

Uladzimir Izerski:

My consciousness is strongly against it.

Space is an infinite set of dimensions from any point of reference.

Space is infinite from any point of reference.

Space is a single infinite whole without boundaries.

What angle shall we bend if there are no angles as such?

I admit the curvature of space, if we admit that the space object with some conditional shell of space comes into a contact with another object of the same type and creates the curvature like changing the form of surface of two contacted balls.

But that would not be the concept of space but a different term.

Gosh, first programmer with the right idea in 6 pages)) I'm surprised there are so many traditional thinkers. Hence we can conclude that there is no difference in thinking with traditional physicists and mathematicians in programmers.

Absolutely right, space is a non-material physical object that has no properties of matter and only accommodates matter. It is, according to its properties, infinite throughout its extent. Due to space, there are dimensions of extent independent of matter: length and volume. The latter, in their turn, allow to contain matter. Hence it is not space that curves, but matter in space.

If mathematics does not take space into account, but only matter, such mathematics studies itself, not describing physical reality. The study of itself is the generation of more and more theories and fantasies. And no gravitational setups, much less wormholes, engineers will ever build. Breaking the laws of logic, making the flat volumetric in words, will not work in practice.

The more beautiful the fairy tale, the more one wants to believe it. A fairy tale about space-time is much more beautiful than boring and rigid logic.

Maxim Romanov:

posthumous financier!)

It's just that the techie mindset is trained to greedily absorb formulas like an alphabet, in a relatively short period of time

5-10 years

)