Not for MT developers! What to replace INIT_PARAMETERS_INCORRECT with ? - page 6

TheXpert:

There is no clear documentation or tutorial from MCs on their genetics, and it is a mockery to demand a deep knowledge of genetics from the user. Moreover, there can be a huge number of implementations, so even a deep knowledge of genetics does not guarantee effective optimization.

We are not talking about any deep knowledge or peculiarities of implementation. The person doesn't understand fundamental things, what is there to talk about.

TheXpert:

but nothing like that. as long as there is no clear documentation and no tutorial from MK on their genetics,

Here's an article Genetic algorithms - the mathematical apparatus

Alexey Navoykov:

It's not about any in-depth knowledge or specifics of implementation. The man doesn't understand fundamental things, what is there to talk about.

You are fundamentally wrong.

Once again, as a user I see: Optimization Slow/Fast.

That's it, I'm not interested in anything else. Neither as in-depth knowledge, nor in the light of fundamental things.

You don't personally write your own genetic optimiser, do you? No? Well then why do you need to study genetics? Let the developers do it...

Сергей Таболин:

You are fundamentally wrong.

Once again, as a user I see: Optimisation Slow/Quick.

That's it, I'm not interested. Neither as in-depth knowledge, nor in the light of fundamental things.

In vain.

Any tool requires certain knowledge for its application. The genetic algorithm is no exception; it has its strengths, weaknesses and limitations. They cannot be ignored.

Rashid Umarov:
Here is an article Genetic algorithms - mathematical apparatus

Are you serious right now? The 2006 review article should be enough for the in-depth understanding of genetics that Renat was talking about?

A detailed description of the architecture of your genetics. With clear examples of when it is effective, when it is not, and why. Including invalid parameters and how they got the figure of 25% maximum for normal operation.

The user doesn't have neither knowledge of architecture and structure of your genetics nor possibility to control it directly but for some reason the user should have deep understanding to say on the forum that optimization doesn't work very well somehow.

Alexey Navoykov:

A person does not understand fundamental things, what is there to talk about.

A person should not even understand the bases of genetic algorithms in order to press the optimisation button. just press the button.

Georgiy Merts:

... it has its strengths, weaknesses and limitations. You can't ignore them.

That's right.

Only I'm inclined to think that the limitations should be addressed, as far as possible, by the developers. Same with weaknesses.

I try not to use genetic optimization at all. But when I have to, I don't want to get into the middle of these algorithms. Well, it's not for a user.

For example, I sit at my computer, I just click the keys and I don't care at all what happens from the moment I press the key until the character appears on the screen. I am not interested at all in how the processor, graphic card, screws, coolers, how they interact. It's not for the average user either.

Сергей Таболин:

I've encountered this problem: According to the logic of the program, there is a need to sift out invalid function calls. I use INIT_PARAMETERS_INCORRECT for this. But the genetic optimization stops practically at once. Developers get angry with questions concerning this situation. They advise to study genetic analysis and so on and so forth.

But what for do I need it? I, as a user, want to get results and I don't care about how it works.

So, here's an example on three functions 1, 2 and 3. 0 is not to be used.

In a chain, functions must not repeat and there must not be a 0 between functions (otherwise there may be repetitions).

An example of allowable chains:

Example of unacceptable chains:

As you can see, there are an order of magnitude more invalid chains than valid chains. How to perform a sampling? How to replace INIT_PARAMETERS_INCORRECT ? Where do we dig?

All the above pieces of advice are correct.

You want to find bugs in an algorithm you don't understand.

I would advise you not to use genetics, it's not for you.

TheXpert:

A person does not even have to understand the bases of genetic algorithms in order to press the optimisation button. just press the button.

And don't press any buttons if you are not sure.

What if it's a YADER BUTTON! ))

Sergey Chalyshev:

All the right advice.

You want to find bugs in an algorithm you don't understand.

My advice would be don't use genetics, it's not for you.

It's obvious that you're the one who doesn't understand the issue at all. Therefore, your overconfident "advice" is rubbish!