Selecting a computer configuration (expert optimisation a priority) - page 6

Fast235:

Did I at least read before advising

on youtube from the miracle reviewers?

for their money, they're great processors.

Georgiy Merts:

Nah... I was thinking of using the built-in video. I've grown tired of toys, except for some nostalgia for old stuff. And the way I see it, embedded video is pretty decent nowadays, so why spend on it, especially since the budget is very limited indeed?

About the temperature and fans - yes, it's an issue. For me personally even 140mm fans at full speed gets in the way. That's why the board should be able to reduce their speed on a mandatory basis.

In Risen with built in video core is just a semi-game core built in from Vega )) Maxim himself does not understand what he advises.

Georgiy Merts:

Nah... I was thinking of using the built-in video. I've grown tired of toys, except for some nostalgia for old stuff. As I see it, embedded video is decent enough nowadays, so why spend on it, especially if your budget is really limited?

About the temperature and fans - yes, that's the question. For me personally even 140mm fans at full speed gets in the way. That's why the board should be able to reduce their speed on a mandatory basis.

If you have to look at the noise - usually in db

Fast235:

In ryzens with an integrated video core it's just a semi-gaming core built in from Vega )) Maxim himself doesn't understand what he's advising.

What kind of dumbass comes in your house... what's quieter, 1 cooler or 2 or 5? Whatever the case, no matter what the load on the video chip at the moment

and a good video chip in a cpu is bad or what?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

what kind of dumbass came to your house ... which is quieter, 1 cooler or 2-5? whatever the case, no matter what the load on the video chip at the moment

just your house has been visited by dullard esteemed, on a separate video card does not need a radiator with a fan, it is called a passive video card, the man needs a cool powerful CPU, without a built-in semi-gaming video core VEGA!

and a good video chip in a processor is bad or what?

it's not bad if you need a small gaming computer, and here you need to optimize all the cores will be loaded at 100%, and the built-in video core gaming (not free) and robs operative memory, just not helpful will be

Fast235:

you are just visiting your home respected, a separate video card does not need a heatsink with the CPU, it is called a passive video card, the man needs a cool powerful CPU, without a built-in semi-gaming video core VEGA!

raizens are cold

When optimisation is in progress, you won't be able to play games and the video core will be under zero load

they won't have much affect on your video core - watch a movie and it won't matter.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

raizens are cold

it's a myth, with all cores loaded at a good frequency the heating is good and almost twice the TDP, alas it has not been invented to double the number of cores and leave the same temperature at the same frequency

Fast235:

it's a myth, if you load all the cores at a good frequency, the heating there is good and almost twice the TDP, alas not yet invented to double the number of cores and leave the same temperature at the same frequency

stop screwing around )

I came across a thread - so many funny things...

Processor should of course be based on performance on "build price (if the price of the package is the same then look only CPU)/1 core". And from 6 cores.

RAM is always good if you like to open lots and lots of windows in the system! At present and for the future - 16 gigabytes, but that is only because people have started to write a lot of high-level languages, which are very slow (load the processor and memory beyond the need) - hello OOP (?), especially it is visible on newfangled sites. All browsers or plugin technologies have memory leaks - it's the scourge of something. If you don't overuse browsers, you can disable swap file, which will add performance to the system (RAM from 16 gigs), especially if the drive will be an HDD. Odnaka, MT5 sometimes glitchy - due to lack of memory, but usually it is not enough memory is again due to its leakage on the browser, especially if it is not closed for weeks (re-opened and the memory is clean).

Paid cloud is a waste of money because money (time) is taken for data preparation, and it can be slow because of a slow agent, and if a lot of optimizations are planned, this inefficiency will kill everything. My experiments showed that it's more profitable to have 20-30 cores at 1k per core, than to spend on paid cloud, if optimization is done regularly.

SSD is a better choice, I've had an SSD for 7 years, it comes with the system and is very responsive to all programs - everything opens quickly and no defragmentation is required - I highly recommend it for the system.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

I don't know.

I'm looking specifically at my data.

Just today a new version of R came in, had to copy, loads of small files, so never saw 100MB! About 10 or even just a few.

Noticed this earlier. 100-120MB is fine for a hard drive, but I've never seen more than that for a cd, even though I have 500MB on the passport. I have thrown my money away and that's it.

Is your system set for AHCI or IDE mode in your bios? Have you tried disabling antivirus? Is your operating system Win7 or higher?