Selecting a computer configuration (expert optimisation a priority) - page 5

AMD Ryzen 3 or 5 with integrated graphics (

with integrated graphics is a stove, not a CPU for optimization, a video card is better separately, any cheapest

Fast235:

AMD Ryzen 3 or 5 with integrated graphics (

with integrated graphics is a stovepipe, not a CPU to optimize,

what, do you know a lot about processors?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

What, do you know a lot about processors?

not much, but the video core warms up the CPU, why should it?

the newer ryzenes have a booster frequency based on processor temperature...

Fast235:

not a lot, but the video core warms up the CPU, why should it?

Don't video cards get warm?

+ 1 extra fan (or even 3)

Fast235:

new ryzenes have a booster frequency depending on the temperature of the processor...

all newer processors are temperature dependent, otherwise they are a chaffing problem

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

are the video cards not getting hot?

+ 1 extra fan (if not 3)

A 10W separate graphics card in the passive will dissipate it by itself

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

all new processors have a frequency dependence on the temperature, otherwise they are choppy

The maximum operating turbo frequency of a ryzen depends on cooling, it decreases smoothly, rather than trotting to zero at 85gr.

Fast235:

Risen's maximum operating turbo frequency depends on cooling, it decreases smoothly, not trotting to zero at 85gr.

nothing is reduced there, unless a normal fan is 100 roubles

Nah... I was thinking of using the built-in video. I've grown tired of toys, except for some nostalgia for old stuff. The way I see it, embedded video is decent enough nowadays, so why splurge on it, especially if the budget is really tight ?

About the temperature and fans - yeah, that's the question. For me personally, even 140mm fans at full speed get in the way. That's why the board should be able to reduce their speed on a mandatory basis.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

nothing is reduced there unless a normal fan is 100 roubles

At least I've read it before giving you advice.