Can MQL programmers be considered as programmers? - page 4

Nikolay Ivanov:
You don't have to know any programming languages to be a programmer at all. And you should not think of a program as something digital only... For example, in fast food restaurants, you go there and see people working together... someone is cooking, someone takes orders, someone washes the floor, someone is a guard... How's that for a program? To build a skyscraper, you have to coordinate the work of thousands of people, suppliers of materials, technology, solutions, etc... the same goes for a programme... A programmer is basically someone who knows how to do the job by automating the work...

that's it, that's it. i was once kind of proud to get in there somewhere,

tweaked a few bits/bytes or so, and everything worked just like the client asked,

but, for example, one of my friends, a respectable man, doesn't give a damn about programmers,

He says I can always find coders, I need people who can tell the coder what to do.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

The essence of the matter is that when I declare in a near-programmer environment that I write MQL4 and MQL5 trading robots (I often have to explain what they are.) I'm getting angry at them and they don't do anything.

The essence of the matter: when in a near-programmer environment I declare that I write trading robots in MQL-4 and MQL-5 (I often have to explain what they are), I get trashed - like these are not languages, you're a sucker, loser and all that with tons of sarcasm and jeers. I don't say anything about it anymore, so as not to cast aspersions.

Well, is it true that MQL-programmer can be called a fully-fledged programmer? Or is it no fish or meat?

But when someone in my presence says that he's a "programmer", because he knows html4, studying html5 and, oh my gods, CSS3, those same "True Programmers" understandably cluck their tongues, like you're cool, man. And here I want this html programmer to laugh....

Just wondering who has an opinion.

and why not?

You make up the structure of the program, the algorithm, the interface. You are bringing a finished product, a programme, to the market.

And it doesn't matter what programming language it is. Language is a tool.

There's an eternal struggle between languages. Everyone beats his chest that his language is better and you're a sucker. Oh, this environment.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

The essence of the matter is that when I declare in a near-programmer environment that I write MQL4 and MQL5 trading robots (I often have to explain what they are.) I'm immediately confronted with the question: what is the meaning of MQL5?

The essence of the matter: when in a near-programmer environment I declare that I write trading robots in MQL-4 and MQL-5 (I often have to explain what they are), I get trashed - like these are not languages, you're a sucker, loser and all that with tons of sarcasm and jeers. I don't say anything about it anymore, so as not to cast aspersions.

Well, is it true that MQL-programmer can be called a fully-fledged programmer? Or is it no fish or meat?

But when someone in my presence says that he's a "programmer", because he knows html4, studying html5 and, oh my gods, CSS3, those same "True Programmers" understandably cluck their tongues, like you're cool, man. And here I want this html programmer to laugh....

what a mockery. the cs asked me to hack the owl.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

What mockery, the CU asked me to hack the owl.

What do you mean, TC? Me? You are confused about something. Give me proof or I'll consider you a liar.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

What mockery, the CU asked me to hack the owl

No pity to cut the bird? What's in there - mice overcooked?

Evgeniy Zhdan:

The essence of the matter is that when I declare in a near-programmer environment that I write MQL4 and MQL5 trading robots (I often have to explain what they are.) I'm immediately confronted with the question: what is the meaning of MQL5?

Can a dentist be considered a doctor?

Vitalii Ananev:

Can a dentist be considered a doctor?

Yes, you can. And you can also ask a hard programmer to write an owl on two indicators and laugh for a long time at his pathetic efforts in this direction.

Folks, what difference does it make whether you are considered a programmer? Or a trader? Or as someone else? Do you care? The fact that you are considered a programmer does not make you any more intelligent, but it does not make you any less intelligent either. To be a programmer is cool? What is cool? Team Lead comes and says here is a specification of a function and you write it. How cool is it?

Grigoriy Chaunin:
People, who cares if they think you're a programmer? Or a trader? Or someone else? Do you care? Being considered a programmer doesn't make you any more intelligent, but it doesn't make you any less intelligent either. To be a programmer is cool? What is cool? Team Lead comes and says here is a specification of a function and you write it. How cool is it?

Yeah, well, it's not a worthwhile topic. Just a chat, in case someone's in a rut.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

You can. Or you could ask a hard programmer to write an owl on two indicators and laugh for a long time at his pathetic efforts in that direction.

But here. You've answered your own question. MQL is a programming language designed specifically for traders. The same way a dentist specializes only in dentistry. Accordingly, those who write programs in MQL can be considered as programmers. In addition, I think that most of the MQL programmers can program in other languages.

Probably, the programmer just does not know anything about trading, and he needs time to understand it. :)