Writing an article on "How to write a TOR for a trading robot" - page 2

"Dependent" is probably OCO (one cancel another), or SL and TP as we have

Rashid Umarov:

Well, you should clarify such questions right away. I didn't like the beginning right away

he was the one who sent the cartoon after the inspection.

I don't argue that I should have anticipated and asked more clarifying questions. In particular, each client must ask the question hedge or netting, and here I blundered and decided in terms of TOR that it is already clear.

I only meant that customers express themselves differently.

If you go through the terms of reference like that, you can reject 70%.

I see - so first and second questions on the EA :

1. MQL4 or MQL5 ? (although this flows from the category, but it is better to ask)
  2. if MQL5 - netting or hedging ?
  3. Do I need a program for both MT4 and MT5 platforms ?
  4. market entries or pending orders ?
  5. open bar or inside bar ?

what are the latest builds of the editors ?

Rashid Umarov:

I see - so first and second questions on the EA :

1. MQL4 or MQL5 ? (although this is an out of category, but you better ask)
  2. if MQL5 - netting or hedging ?
  3. do i need a programme for both MT4 and MT5 platforms ?
  4. market entries or pending orders ?
  5. do we place orders only on bar openings or inside a bar ?

1. i have never seen a wrong category

2. The terms used by clients are often unknown, this may have to be explained differently. I would also need a broker, if the account is specific. For example for MT4 I have seen ECN accounts where order may be divided by broker, Boo where you have to indicate the comment and so on may have peculiarities. Mt5 - basically it is a stock exchange or not, if it is not forex, then it is better to test at the specified broker immediately.

3. I haven't seen it, I think people who think about it do. If you have not met a forex broker, it is better to test it at once on the specified broker. 3.

I have not seen any problems with 4.5 either. The order is called order, but it is not a problem.

A new iteration of the Article Plan

Введение

Terminology

Expert Advisor types

Signals - by indicator signals

Multi-Order - all sorts of grids

Semi-handheld - reaction on traders' actions (objects, intercepting keystrokes, picking up a manually opened order)

Auxiliary - draw, send, work with charts and quotes, etc.

Downlinkers - to download some information from the website

Copyers - copy trades and other terminal interaction

Account type for MetaTrader 5

Trading features

Open by indicator or not

Closing - SL/TP/reverse signal/under the indicator/compounding profit(loss) for the grids/computed SL/TP aggregate level for the grids

Lot calculation - fixed/percentage of balance/martingale/antimartingale/run-to-target

Posing support - grid/lok/averaging (different from grid????)/tripping stop/no loss

Conclusion

I want to share my current concerns.

Unlike an indicator, the functionality of a trading robot can be divided into two big parts.

1. Trading one.

If you take the analogy of a car, it is a "cart with a motor". And as a rule, it is this zone that most non-programmers focus their "thoughts" on. And it is logical that the first question is how to make money.

2. security and services.

In the car analogy this is a car body, seats, airbags, headlights, etc. . In terms of the list and the variety of options may be even more than the actual trade part.

To narrow down the possible variety, for newbies, in this part, I think it's right to give some examples of robots, for example from the code base, "ideal/template" in this part.

For example, conventionally.

Robot for Market.

Robot for trading from VPS.

A robot for trading from personal computer with notifications.

And for these groups, list the specifics in the form of a questionnaire: need/don't need.

Aleksey Panfilov:

I want to share my current concerns.

Unlike an indicator, the functionality of a trading robot can be divided into two big parts.

1. The actual trading part.

If you take the analogy of a car, it is a "cart with a motor". And as a rule, it is this zone that most non-programmers focus their "thoughts" on. And it is logical that the first question is how to make money.

2. security and services.

Also true. At the moment, the Article Plan has a "What women want" style bias. It should be more technical - a description of the terms and signals for entry, the rest is a binding - how to play with signals, what stops/stops to place, what lot to trade.

We need to think about it and reconsider.

A humble imho. Types and types of Expert Advisors are classified based on certain criteria. For example, by the number of symbols - mono- and multicurrency, by the trading signal source - indicator, nonindicator, etc.
And in the current form, everything is lumped into one group. This makes it difficult to understand. One wonders "Why did the author put these types of EAs together?"

The concept of the article is still being rethought.