Stops are the way to go. - page 2

Uladzimir Izerski:

If you haven't heard, here's a good method of setting the stops.

Защитные стоп-приказы по методу зоны безопасности
  • www.steps-to-trade.com
Эта книга поможет вам освоить все, что необходимо для успеха на финансовых рынках: психологию биржевика, массовую психологию толпы, технические индикаторы и торговые системы, контроль над риском и размещение стоп-приказов. Дневники шести сделок, проведенных автором, позволят вам отследить ход его мыслей и увидеть, как он сам принимает решения о...

Useful.

Everything seems to be learned, but there are always ways to improve. That's what I'm always striving for.

Vadim Zotov:

Stops should be placed behind a level whose breach indicates that the logic of the market has changed.

1. You mark the position of the stop according to the criterion in this quote (according to your understanding of the market). Then, from your risk level (% of acceptable losses from the deposit) and the distance to the stop, calculate the lot size and open a position.

2. But there are subtleties depending onthe scale of the chart you're trading on, which you haven't specified.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Everything seems logical from your point of view.

But I have a question about what is small and what is big.

There has to be a criterion.

It makes no sense to talk about stops and takeoffs without taking into account the peculiarities of TS. They are an integral part of any TS and their values are determined by the results of the TS optimization for a long (about 3 years) period of testing from the condition of getting the maximum value of the Recovery Factor and I do not see other criteria or methods of setting stops and take's. This is not a subject of haggling or guessing outside of the logic of the TS. The TS will set the best stops and takeoffs for itself, there is no other way, gentlemen! The trader should not interfere in the process of setting their values or not setting stops and takeoffs.

Тестирование стратегий - Алгоритмический трейдинг, торговые роботы - MetaTrader 5
Тестирование стратегий - Алгоритмический трейдинг, торговые роботы - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Тестер стратегий позволяет тестировать и оптимизировать торговые стратегии (советники) перед началом использования их в реальной торговле. При тестировании советника происходит его однократная прогонка с начальными параметрами на исторических данных. При оптимизации торговая стратегия прогоняется несколько раз с различным набором параметров...

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

There is no point in talking about stops and take's without taking into account the features of the TS. They are an integral part of any TS and their values are determined by the results of TS optimization over a long (about 3 years) testing period on the condition of getting the maximum value of the Recovery Factor and I see no other criteria or ways of setting stops and take's. This is not a subject of haggling or guessing outside of the logic of the TS. The TS will set the best stops and takeoffs for itself, there is no other way, gentlemen! The trader should not interfere in the process of setting their values or not setting the stops and takeoffs.

All this is wise what you have written, but we specifically need stop setting parameters, apparently the percentage is just the acceptable result that satisfies all TFs. The percentage may vary, but we'll leave that for later.

A stop loss, if used, should be placed at a point of uncertainty, i.e. price has entered an area where you no longer have a clear understanding of its future movement.

Usually it is some level. If the level is true, the price will not pass it, and therefore the stop-loss will not be affected. If the price has broken through, you begin to really have 2 options:

1. False breakout.

2. True breakdown.

Either way, it is a risk of increasing loss.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

There is no point in talking about stops and take's without taking into account the features of the TS. They are an integral part of any TS and their values are determined by the results of TS optimization over a long (about 3 years) testing period on the condition of getting the maximum value of the Recovery Factor and I see no other criteria or ways of setting stops and take's. This is not a subject of haggling or guessing outside of the logic of the TS. The TS will set the best stops and takeoffs for itself, there is no other way, gentlemen! The trader should not interfere in the process of setting their values or not setting stops and takeoffs.

In my automated TS, stops are algorithmically calculated based on the considerations I described, and risk type parameters are optimized. In my opinion (which of course I am not imposing), the maximum possible amount of parameters should be automatically calculated in a TS, and the minimum parameters should be optimized. A normal robot should work in profit without optimization.

Pavel Predein:

A stop loss, if used, should be placed at a point of uncertainty, i.e. price has entered an area where you no longer have a clear understanding of its future movement.

Usually it is some level. If the level is true, the price will not pass it, and therefore the stop-loss will not be affected. If the price has broken through, you begin to really have 2 options:

1. False breakout.

2. True breakdown.

Either way, it is a risk of increasing loss.

Mimicking losses is my biggest concern at the moment.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Loss minimisation is my main concern at the moment.

Tomorrow I will record a short video on loss minimisation

Uladzimir Izerski:

Mimicking losses is my biggest concern at the moment.

So calculate a stop loss.

The second option is simpler: you take an EA that forcibly covers all positions at certain conditions (percentage of deposit, amount of funds or points) and that's it. You trade as you please, knowing that if something goes wrong, everything will close as it should.