ZigZags Shepherds - page 16

Novaja:

What does this have to do with the direction of the price in the first place?

Because you need to know where to open, to buy or to sell. And distributions (anything) do not contain that information. The distributions tell you how far the price will go, but do not tell you in which direction.

sibirqk:

It's probably useful to state common knowledge once again - repeating the commonplace truths won't make it any worse.

There are several ways of displaying price in the market - renko, renji, ekeioboost, kagi, etc. They are usually divided into time-independent and time-independent, but in my opinion this is not a sensible breakdown. It is better, imho, to classify according to the constancy of any characteristic. In this case, the usual price representation can be called equi-temporal, i.e. every bar always has the same amount of time, while the opening/closing price difference and Hg/Lw difference may vary greatly.

Renko is equi-opn/cls, i.e. the open/close price difference is always the same modulo and equal to the renko size, while the difference between Hg and Lw is different, but in the range of one to two renko sizes. The amount of time in the renko bar is also different.

Rencos are equi-Hg/Lw, i.e. the difference between the highest and lowest point of a bar is always constant, the price difference of an opn/cls bar can be anything within the size of the reng. The amount of time in the bar randge is also different.

If we consider that the tick representation of price is the most natural, then a chart of rendezvous bars is essentially a tick chart with the size of a tick per rendezvous. For example, if there are tick quotes with the size of a five-digit tick, and it is necessary to programmatically build a four-digit one - find min/max as soon as their difference exceeds 10, a new four-digit tick chart is formed, i.e., a four-digit rendge chart with the size of 1 is formed.

Equi-bars, as its name suggests, are bars in which the number of ticks is the same, all other characteristics related to the price are different for each bar. In my opinion, this is the most meaningless representation of price. The price flow, if we consider it from a multitude of providers, always has a width of a few spreads. This width is not constant over time and widens and narrowed. Every brokerage company broadcasts the prices to its clients terminals using the program - let's call it a price filter. You have to be very new or naive not to understand that a significant part of brokerage companies profit comes from the quotes filter, and therefore its logics is not simple. And the amount of generated ticks is determined by this logic. I.e. equivolume bars will have different appearance in different brokerage companies and moreover they can have different appearance even in different accounts inside one brokerage company. Coming back to the topic of the branch - statistical characteristics of zig zags will be different for different brokerage companies due to quotes filters working, and within the same brokerage company they will be constantly "floating" because of the nonlinear internal logic of the quotes filter. It is clear that these differences and changes will be small, but statistical advantage of Pastuhov, as I understand it, is also small, so it is only theoretically possible to earn on this, imho.

By the way, ZigZag can also be referred to as one of the ways to display prices, which allows you to sift out noise.

Serqey Nikitin:

A little distraction from the scientific fog, and look at this issue from the perspective of the average Trader - his needs and aspirations...

What does a Trader need? He needs Profit! To make a profit, a trader needs information... and above all PRICE (current price and direction)... This information is enough for the trader to solve HIS problem...

If your abstruse science will help trader make a profit, consider that your efforts have not been wasted...

What kind of science is there, look, these are elementary things, if you understand the process, everything else is easier. I am posting materials that I think are interesting to understand, maybe someone will give their opinion, I am waiting for a constructive response, otherwise the meaning of the forum? Who seeks he will find, and who found, can point the way.

secret:
With the fact that you need to know where to open, to buy or to sell. And distributions (anything) do not contain that information. Distributions tell you how far the price will go, but they don't tell you in which direction.
Yes, I agree, but you can identify statistical patterns that will help

Novaja:
What scientificity is there, look, these are elementary things, if you understand the process, everything else is easier. I am posting materials that I think are interesting to understand, maybe someone will give their opinion, I am waiting for a constructive response, otherwise the meaning of the forum? Who seeks he will find, and who found, can show the way.

Exactly scientifically!... Since ZZ itself is a tool that does not work in real trading, but only in research on history... You have not chosen a good tool...

If you want "constructive", you must first find an ACTIVE tool for REAL trading ... So far you have only hints for a working theory ..., but with this tool it's just a hint ...

Serqey Nikitin:

Exactly scientific!... Since ZZ itself is a tool that does not work in real trading, but only in research on history... You have not chosen a good tool...

If you want "constructive", you must first find an ACTIVE tool for REAL trading ... For now you have only hints for a working theory ..., but with such a tool they will remain only hints ...

Don't be so categorical about RZ. You probably did not go into all the intricacies of this tool for price analysis.

How someone wants to get a result is another matter. As they say, physicists and mathematicians love accuracy, and therefore they will lose exactly).

Uladzimir Izerski:

Don't be so categorical about ZZ. You probably didn't know the ins and outs of this price analysis tool.

The disadvantages of a PZ are well known - the delay in drawing its lines (i.e. delay in the signal)...

The correct course of action is to find a NON-Continuous indicator, which repeats all of ZZ's reversals...

It is possible for a trader to develop such an indicator...

Serqey Nikitin:

The disadvantages of the ZZ are well known - it is the delay in drawing its lines (i.e. the delay in the signal)...

The correct course of action is to find a NON-STOP indicator which repeats all the turns of the ZZ...

It is possible for a trader to develop such an indicator...

What is it? Have you ever seen a Zig-Zag indicator on a real time chart?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

What is it? Have you ever seen a Zig-Zag indicator on a real time chart?

Yes, I have...

Here's a recent example from our Colleague: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/228822/page13#comment_8497419

ЗигЗаги Пастухов
ЗигЗаги Пастухов
  • www.mql5.com
Уважаемое собрание...

Serqey Nikitin:

Yes, I did...

Here is a recent example from our Colleague: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/228822/page13#comment_8497419

Well, that's a great example - the top is not yet formed, no signal, so you have to wait and not jump on the moving train.