Study. - page 4

Serqey Nikitin:

To deny the LEARNING SYSTEM in favour of self-education is of course stupid. The entire development of science and technology is built on the educational system.

I agree that the education system is an important component, but in my opinion, most of this system (and even more so in trading) is designed exclusively for "sucker-punching" and not at all for the transfer of knowledge.

New version 1.3 of the product News Detector Demo: New version 1.3 of the product News Detector Demo is available

Aleksey Rodionov:

Some seminars there are also normal ones that are already in the process of trading, free of charge. But there are seminars that cater to people who have never encountered the market... I specially registered for these seminars, so as not to go to the circus. There they say such things .... There are no words, and people believe them and listen to how they made a fortune and now they are taught how to make money... Yeah...

Free cheese in a mousetrap. What are they wasting their time for free? One option is to promote a website with banners to make money. They promote locking opportunities, counter orders, lot multiplication - systems that seem profitable to the beginner. And it takes years to get rid of this nonsense. Many experienced programmers are still carrying around the idea of breaking locks

George Merts:

I agree that the training system is an important component, but in my opinion, most of it (and even more so in trading) is designed solely for "sucker-punching" and not at all for the transfer of knowledge.

I think that in the near future the situation will change, and there will be a healthy competition among the Mentors - after all, we need time to develop the NEW direction of "trading"...

George Merts:

All the knowledge and experience I have - I gained not thanks to, but in spite of the university.

Our higher education is completely disconnected from reality and, in essence, is about "giving out certificates".

In 1987 I entered the institute as a programmer, the specialty of "system-engineer of the automatic control system". At the same time I only entered the computer in summer, after the second course, with the help of "personal connections". And this is a "programmer's speciality" !!!

And, moreover, not to say that the equipment in the institute was heavily loaded - there were classrooms based on large ECMs, there were classrooms with DCKs. (There were a couple of IBM-compatible computers for the whole institute at that time, and I did not even look at them.) Most of them were free. Once I tried to address them - I wanted to come there in my spare time, to learn, to master... I was told "you have a curriculum, ask your teacher". A training plan was just one pair a week of practice. That's it.

I only learned how to program when I started working in one of the cooperatives that appeared at the time, where I had access to a computer.

And this situation was, to all appearances, not just with programming. In my third year I got into the institute's radio laboratory... Wah-wah-wah... What instruments were there... I wanted to feel them, work with them... And - the same song, "You have a training plan - come back in due time".

At our university (Department of Economics, though not programming :) ) in about 94-95 years the situation was almost the same. Computer classes were held in empty (no computers) classrooms and the professor told just the theory. But somehow a miracle happened! He took us to the room where there were computers and simply showed us this wonder of technology! That was it! Of course nobody was allowed to use the computers, except a female student, who was studying Paint at the time.

Vadim Radchenko:

At our university (economics department, though, not programming :) ) in about 94-95, the situation was almost similar. Computer science classes were mostly held in an empty (without computers) classroom and the teacher told pure theory. But somehow a miracle happened! He took us to the room where there were computers and simply showed us this wonder of technology! That was it! Of course nobody was allowed behind the computer, with the exception of some student, who at the time was studying Paint by gambling.

I don't get it. If you graduate, can it really affect trade? In what way?

Andrey:

I don't understand? Does graduating from university really have any effect on your trading?

Even if you graduate from Oxford University (England) or Harvard University (USA), it will not help you in your forex trading. Only trial and error in direct trading with analysis of those errors will help.

Victor Ziborov:

Even if you graduate from Oxford University (England) or Harvard University (USA), this will not help you in your forex trading. Only trial and error in direct trading with analysis of those errors will help.

+1

Andrey:

I don't understand? Would graduating from university have an impact on the trade? In what way?

Have I in any way linked graduation and trade?

I gave an example of how the subject was taught then (and maybe nothing has changed now?) essentially "on the fingers".

Victor Ziborov:

Even if you graduate from Oxford University (England) or Harvard University (USA), this will not help you in your forex trading. Only trial and error in direct trading with analysis of those mistakes will help.

What does the university give? a ticket to life? or the school of life!

When I went to apply for a job, they did not ask for a university degree. They asked if I had a degree.

They didn't even ask about the rest.