From theory to practice - page 1231

To put it in a nutshell...

Memory is the movement of price from the past to the future, taking into account the past

In the past we have trades that are in the negative

The market doesn't need them to come out in the plus.

Philosophy is irrelevant here.

Alexander_K:

The market has a memory.

It is only necessary to understand the difference between memory and consequence.

An aftereffect is the dependence of a subsequent state on a set of previous states. And it is determined by the autocorrelation coefficient. Many traders think that aftereffect is the market memory. Alas...

Memory is the market capacity for self-organization, for formation of spatial and temporal structures. Its measure is non-entropy.

Memory is a broad, synergetic, philosophical concept. It seems to me that only Wisard2018 in this thread knows a bit about it...

So, I assert - the market does form some structures and has some cyclicality within a trading session, day, week, etc.

You may have found something between ticks. I haven't dug into the topic of pauses between ticks, to be honest. The only question is whether it will give something to cover the costs at the distance. Anything above the ticks is chaos. I'm sure of it, even if it kills me. I've studied it inside out. When I look at the chart, I see it in terms of Renko, and Renge, and equilibrium. It's all nonsense and self-delusion. It's enough just to do the tests.

Renat Akhtyamov:

To put it in a nutshell...

Memory is the movement of price from the past to the future, taking into account the past

In the past we have trades that are in the negative

The market doesn't need them to come out in the plus.

Philosophy is irrelevant here.

Yes. It's an interesting theory and it has been studied by me on different instruments, with different pitches. I wanted to see the impact of the spread at the same time. Unfortunately, even the search for those moments when the market is most profitable to go in such a way that as many traders as possible would go into debt has not come to anything. Not to mention 50/50 situations. Unfortunately, we are pouring in on the spread.

Макс:
Yes. This is an interesting theory and it has been studied by me on different instruments, with different pitches. I wanted to see the impact of the spread at the same time. Unfortunately, even finding the moments when the market is most profitable to go in such a way that as many traders as possible get into debt has not led to anything. Not to mention 50/50 situations. Unfortunately, we are pouring in on the spread.

The spread can also be shown by applying the formula they are trying to shake out of me

it will be exactly as stated in the trading conditions

Unfortunately, I didn't make a screenshot of this indicator, but it looks like this:

Макс:
I have not dug into the topic of pauses between ticks, to be honest.

Yes, that's where I dug something up. But, it's not that simple. The ticks are uneven from broker to broker, and you have to thin them out to get so-called events - i.e. the same number of quotes from suppliers. Events are formed in the market's own, non-linear time space, which nevertheless by formulas must correlate with absolute, physical time and trading cycles, periods in the market.

I will not reveal the details of this time transformation - since June I will switch to real account and see if I am right or not.

Regarding memory. The first entry in the search is

"MEMORY is a form of mental reflection of reality, the ability of the body to fix, retain and reproduce information about the external world and its internal state for its further use in the process of life activity. "

This wording aptly conveys the meaning of memory.

Applied to the market.

Market participants remember history and make decisions based on historical data.

I.e., the price has fallen and somewhere at the minimum, in the estimation of participants, it is time to buy.

Participants remember that the price will rise after the fall.

If you look at the market carefully. The price moves so precisely that I am amazed.

The market is ruled by robots and AI. Regularity and memory are one.

Uladzimir Izerski:

"MEMORY is a form of mental reflection of reality, the ability of the body to fix, retain and reproduce information about the external world and its internal state for its further use in the process of life activity. "

Applied to the market.

Market participants remember history and make decisions based on historical data.

I.e., the price has fallen and somewhere at the minimum, in the estimation of participants, it is time to buy.

If you look at the market carefully. The price moves so precisely that I am amazed.

The market is ruled by robots and AI. Regularity and memory are one and the same.

Figuratively speaking, you are absolutely right, Uladzimir (the name is not clear, somehow it is more usual just Vova, but after this post the name Vova is inappropriate).

Uladzimir Izerski:

Applied to the market.

The market is ruled by robots and AI. Regularity and memory are one and the same.

this definition of memory is not interesting for practical application as it does not affect the forecast

but from this point of view the definition is correct

in my opinion, to succeed, you have to take the market's position, not the trader's

Alexander_K:

Figuratively speaking, you're absolutely right, Uladzimir (the name is obscure, somehow it's more usual just Vova, but after this post the name Vova is inappropriate).

I like it when they call me Vova. It's even kind of affectionate).

Everyone is allowed to call me so). I'd be happy to.

It brings people closer together rather than divides them.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I like being called Vova. It's even kind of affectionate.)

Everyone is allowed to call me that.) I'd be happy to.

It brings people closer together, not apart.

:))) (CHUCKLES): OKAY.