From theory to practice - page 1186

Martin Cheguevara:

she's very slow to change. it's very much like MA...

Exactly.

Alexander_K:

Bingo.

You're right about one thing, time variation gives you a glimpse into the future under certain conditions, which are as simple (if you've done a characteristic movement analysis of course) as laundry soap)

Do you apply that?

Martin Cheguevara:

You're right about one thing, time variation gives you a glimpse into the future under certain conditions, which are as simple (if you've done a characteristic movement analysis of course) as laundry soap)

Do you apply that?

I apply a universal law of nature: price ~ the root of time. You can't find a better one than that. I've already written about it (the more so that the smartest Vladimir and the down-and-out Drimmer have already said so before), in the hope of reassuring those who are suffering - the Grail is on the market.

However, everything is not so simple. Time in the market is not linear. Here's the trouble... Not only time intervals between events have a gamma distribution, but also time within cycles (day, week, month, ...) has a certain structure.

We cannot simply substitute seconds or minutes into our proportion. We have some kind of function underneath the root. And we must get to the bottom of it - the structure of time in the market.

Synergy has to be studied, that's what I think...

Martin Cheguevara:

she's very slow to change. it's very much like MA...

Alexander_K:

Exactly.

I tweaked it, it's a different video.

;)

Alexander_K:

I apply a universal law of nature: price ~ the root of time. You can't find a better one than that. I've already written about it directly (the more so that the smartest Vladimir and the overworked Drimmer have already said so before), in the hope of reassuring those who are suffering - there is a Grail on the market.

However, everything is not so simple. Time in the market is not linear. Here's the trouble... Not only time intervals between events have a gamma distribution, but also time within cycles (day, week, month, ...) has a certain structure.

We cannot simply substitute seconds or minutes into our proportion. We have some kind of function underneath the root. And we must get to the bottom of it - the structure of time in the market.

Synergy has to be studied, that's what I think...

You've reached the same point I was talking about in this thread about 500 pages ago))

Now go from the plane of the square root of time to the plane of the dynamics of market movements and you'll see the Grail =)

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Quoting yourself-love yourself exclusively, without any new thoughts, speaks volumes

When I want to say something and I remember that I've already said it somewhere, why repeat myself and waste time writing when you can use the search engine.

Forgive me, but I cannot perceive your remark alluding to my delusions of grandeur more as a form of cognitive distortion, when one sees in others only what is inside oneself. Or simply banal naive cynicism.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Look closely - what is it. where is it slowing down?

your line makes no sense for one simple reason. it's not stationary...

what's the point of going back to the average if the small average moves in the direction of price movement. Isn't that the principle of an ordinary MA?

If we do that, we may also say that the MA is also a Graal because price will ALWAYS cross it sooner or later))

Or am I missing something?

So you opened an order near the middle, the price moved away and your line followed it obediently and your order is in a drawdown - where is the grail here?

Martin Cheguevara:

there is no point in your line for one simple reason. it is not stationary...

what is the point of talking about going back to the average if the lubrication of the average moves towards the price movement. Isn't that the principle of an ordinary MA?

If we do that, we may also say that the MA is also a Graal because price will ALWAYS cross it sooner or later))

Or am I missing something?

there is no point in going back to the mean, what makes you think there is?

- you have to wait for the return.

- Maybe it won't.

ps

you have a 50/50 picture that is true, but not quite and not always

Martin Cheguevara:
You open an order near the Medium, the price leaves and your line follows it, and your order is in a drawdown - where is the grail here?

there certainly isn't one here and no one will

it's just one pair out of 28

This is more interesting.

The sense of handicapping (the minimum program) - let's say your profit is a loss to someone else.

This is the question I'm trying to solve using the pictures above

And I would argue that the price always returns to the mean at a profit. The only important thing is to find this average and the period (or half-period) to work with. This is difficult to do... Because of the nonlinearity of time.

I am convinced that in some space in which this non-linearity is accounted for, the structure of price as a set of potential pits and transitions between them is clearly visible.