From theory to practice - page 1182

Here's what I was thinking... Oleksiy has been buzzing everyone's ears that price, increments, etc. are non-stationary, that TViMS and also stochastic theory are inapplicable to the market. Perhaps. However, there are indications that in the market it is time that is non-stationary, non-linear in the first place. It is time that is the key to everything. After all, we remember that price ~ the root of time, and time is non-linear, i.e. is some function of some sacral, magical parameter...

Yeah... My head is spinning from this as yet undiscovered magic formulae and my thirst for cash.

Alexander_K:

Here's what I was thinking... Oleksiy here has been buzzing everyone's ears that price, increments, etc. are non-stationary, that TViMS and also stochastic process theory are inapplicable to the market. Perhaps. However, there are indications that in the market it is time that is non-stationary, non-linear in the first place. It is time that is the key to everything. After all, we remember that price ~ the root of time, and time is non-linear, i.e. is some function of some sacral, magic parameter...

Yeah... My head is spinning from this yet to be discovered magic formulae and the thirst for cash.

time is linear

non-linearly incremental

but that depends on which way you look at it...

although both are linear in fact (well, almost):

but that's just a picture. if there's a formula, there's no need for a picture.

the formula knits all 28 pairs together

Renat Akhtyamov:

time linearly

non-linearly incremental

but that depends on which way you look at it...

although linearly both in fact (well, almost):

but it's just a picture. if there's a formula, there's no need for a picture.

the formula knits all 28 pairs together

Well, elaborate. I'm writing it down. I'm interested in it.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Give me more details. I'm writing it down. I'm interested.

Looks like I just finished it tonight.

I'll keep my eyes open for a while.

Maybe I'll talk to you sometime...

Renat Akhtyamov:

The formula knits all 28 pairs together

Yes, I agree. That's the way it should be. And I'll get to the bottom of that formula.

I totally agree with Rena. The market is a single organism and all couples are connected. I think that through some kind of unified market timing. You can't look at just one pair - you have to look at the market as a whole. For me that is already a very obvious fact.

Alexander_K:

Yes, I agree. That's the way it should be. And I'm getting to the bottom of that formula.

And not one word before that. Weird? Yes.

Uladzimir Izerski:

And not one word before that. Weird? Yes.

Yes. After a bit of time searching to get the tick flows synchronized across 16 currency pairs, I got more consistent results. It's too early to jump for joy, but there's something... I can't figure out what it is yet. But, it definitely has something to do with time non-linearity. I'm going to read something abstract about time and see if I can get an insight.

Alexander_K:

Yes. By doing a bit of time searching to get the tick flows synchronised across the 16 currency pairs, I got more consistent results. It's too early to jump for joy, but there's something here... I can't figure out what it is yet. But, it definitely has something to do with time non-linearity. I'm going to read something abstract about time and see if I can get an insight.

It's good to have like-minded people.

What books on synergy have anyone read? Throw in some links, please. But only on the real stuff you've read, not on rubbish from the Internet.