From theory to practice - page 597

aleger:

Please enlighten me if I really don't know anything about the trend, its origination, visualisation, continuation and completion, and actually about the reversal, its origination, continuation and completion.

It hits the wall like a pea. ©

The zigzag will show you the reversal a bit later, not at the reversal point as you think.

danminin:

like peas in a pod. ©

the zigzag will show you the reversal a bit later. not at the pivot point as you think.

I don't get it either, the zigzag shows extremes. That's all. Whether the reversal took place or the price corrected and went further, we all can see it anyway.

Let's say we have a price and price increments, an average price and an average increment.

The price tends to the average, then is it true that the increments of a correctly calculated average price must have a normal distribution?

If the average price increments have a non-normal distribution, then the average is not correctly calculated.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Let's say we have a price and price increments, an average price and an average increment.

The price tends to the average, then is it true that the increments of a correctly calculated average price must have a normal distribution?

If the average price increments have a non-normal distribution, then the average is not correctly calculated.

If price has a non-normal distribution, then the average will also have a non-normal distribution.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

If the average price increments have a non-normal distribution, then the average is not calculated correctly.

this is from the area

Alexander_K:

...but this leads to a distortion of the concept of "time"

?

The average is an average, and if you don't like the average, you have two options:

1. or it is not applicable to this data (I like simple examples... measure AC voltage with a multimeter switched on in DC measurement mode... and what? dc mode "doesn't calculate correctly" ????)

2. classical TCs use the concept of divergence, Wiki, read geometric interpretation

danminin:

as against a wall. ©

the zigzag will show you a reversal a bit later. not at the pivot point as you think.

A reversal is a well-defined part of the "life" of a trend as a directional movement of some duration. It is a process, a condition and an event. And it must be viewed in that spirit.

At the reversal point, the zigzag will only show the value of the current extremum and finish it with its line.

The next tick will determine whether the line will be continued, moved further, left unchanged or the next trend will start.

But the next trend will appear (visualized) not at once, but on conditions, laid down in the zigzag itself.

Thus, the appearance of the current price at the end of the current trend can and should ALWAYS be regarded as a signal of the end of the trend (requiring confirmation), and make a favorable decision.

aleger:

A reversal is a well-defined part of the "life" of a trend as a directional movement of some duration. It is a process, a condition and an event. And it must be viewed in that spirit.

At the reversal point, the zigzag will only show the value of the current extremum and finish it with its line.

The next tick will determine whether the line will be continued, moved further, left unchanged or the next trend will start.

But the next trend will appear (visualized) not at once, but on conditions, laid down in the zigzag itself.

In this case, the appearance of the current price at the end of the current trend can and should ALWAYS be regarded as a signal of the END of the trend (requiring confirmation), and make a profitable decision.

One tick does not determine anything, we learn about the reversal of the zigzag only when the price reverses and passes the distance greater than the threshold at which the zigzag beam is drawn.

danminin:

If price has a non-normal distribution, then the average will also have a non-normal distribution.

Justify.

Igor Makanu:

it's from the realm of

Alexander_K:

...but it leads to a distortion of the concept of "time"

?

;)))

You can play around with time distortion a bit ;)

(1) the initial process ---> (2) time distortion ---> (3) distorted process

for a start - without distortions

And then we will search a little

etc. etc. -- an infinite number of different options.

It's funny.

The further I go, the more I am convinced that this is a gathering of mathematical theorists.

Where's the practice?