From theory to practice - page 524

Evgeniy Chumakov:

And why is wandering random? It wanders back and forth. And if it's there now, it's time to come here.

where there and where there? )

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

where there and where there? )

To the pub and back, where else does the price go).

Evgeniy Chumakov:

To the pub and back, where else does the price go ).

In general, normal traders have always tried to rely on market trends... like the gap on Monday, or the fall on Friday, or seasonal fluctuations

And the smoker traders keep on inventing all sorts of things )

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

and the traders of the smoker

Who are they?

Igor Makanu:

forecasting is doomed, because markets are "live" and it is impossible to guess who is waiting for what and who wants to get what

SSA itself is interesting, you can use it to try to assess whether the market has changed compared to the previous one

https://ch.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/58967-singular-spectrum-analysis-beginners-guide

Well, wavelets show the same pictures, but the essence is not to predict - all the same "guessing" will turn out, but to try to find differences in the market states with the help of several mathematical models, I study SSA, who may be using regression - although there should be a lag, or rather inertia

No, you can't use a crawler to estimate how much the market states have changed.

You can only assess how much the new prediction errors have changed the forecast against the old errors.

So SSA does not say anything about the correctness of the prediction, the difference of SSA only says about the difference in errors. Where the market will go, SSA does not care about it at all.

Without evaluation of each SSA's errors, your difference is hanging in the air, it has nothing to rely on.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Who are they?

well that's pretty much everyone here )

Evgeniy Chumakov:

To the pub and back, where else does the price go).

The three main questions are: when? where? and to where?

Novaja:

Thank you very much, Bas)) Vistog will have it all.

Well, in my opinion, the regular SMA is just as good, I use it for example.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

That's if you spit on the price and use only time and nothing else. (Well the price is only for the direction of the deal and that's it).

No way, make a ZizZag that draws the time, alas and the time is also constantly changing... i remember an anecdote that goes something like this: soldier, army, mine clearance training, all recruits are trying to clear a minefield so that the senior officer cannot figure out what scheme the mines were laid in... no one could, but one could - when asked how could you come up with such a scheme - well, I remembered the eurodollar chart and used it to make a minefield, so no one could guess)))

here are two indicators, both Zigzags, ZZ_FF from kodobase, the author was familiar to me and according to the description the fastest ZZ, = not the point all the same ZZ, and the second ZZ is I wrote it will call the first ZZ (both indicators in the folder indicators), and draw the time in bars between the tops. can observe... and there's a complete non-repeatability... you have to try so hard that nothing is repeated regularly - neither price movements nor time intervals - I mean the Euro chart ))

EURUSD chart, H1, 2018.09.03 11:39 UTC, Alpari International Limited, MetaTrader 4, Demo

the bar chart height is time in bars between WP tops, red bars represent WP tops upwards, green bars downwards

Files:
ZZ_Time.mq4  7 kb
ZZ_FF.mq4  31 kb

secret:
Well, in my opinion, regular SMA is not worse, I use it for example.

That's the thing, everyone uses it, I also thought that there is no advantage over SMA, maybe there should be some other way, and a Gaussian would probably fit through the roof... if Fourier decomposition is going backwards and polynomials are going upwards, then it's Gaussian.

"Extrapolations by polynomial and Fourier methods are completely different in nature. Fourier extrapolation can only be applied to the flat market due to its periodic nature (this line is a sum of sinusoids of different frequency, phase, and amplitude), and it always tends to go back.

Whereas polynomial extrapolation, on the contrary, is good in a trend, as it keeps trying to "fly" down or up due to its degree nature. "Nikolay Semko

I've tried similar experiments before, but it still turned out to be a counter-trend somewhere.