From theory to practice - page 59

Alexander_K2:

Let's now take it in order from what Vladimir said:

1. 1. Each tick reception is VERY expensive from all points of view, but there is a statistical advantage - some brokerage companies already have archived tick databases. But look - they are different in different brokerage companies, and in my opinion, it is very problematic in MQL to simply calculate and process those databases. And this must happen during breaks in TS all the time. Right or wrong?

2. The transition to step-by-step reading of ticks, i.e. to read ticks with a virtual jump to 4-digit quotes, as well as reading only OPEN on minutes, as you suggested - and where will the archive be obtained in this case? Even if we accumulate it, and suddenly the TS has a break for a month - where and how to restore this missed month in the archive?

Wrong on both counts.

The fact that some brokerage companies have history of archive ticks is the merit of forum users of this forum, and I am one of them. We have been pounding on MetaQuotes ServiceDesk for two or three years.

We have dug a lot of information, crashed a lot of plates. And now the prize is here, the ticks can be received in packs of 100 000, which takes about 2 hours straight from MQL. To organize such input we need a UPU, where every MT will have its own ticks collector, and the common program will aggregate and pack it all (because unpacked ticks transferring via Internet is a tantrum).

This is for realtime. And for requesting the ready databases there is no problem at all, MQL has a web-request function, and everything that browser can get, you can get from MQL.

The trading system will request the data it needs and it doesn't care if it worked or not, the data will be available, because other programs (tick collectors) do it in non-stop regime on a dedicated server. But again, to limit and maintain all this AD.

And most importantly, in order to be linked with it all, you must have an ironclad argument that the ticks have an advantage over M1. I haven't seen it yet. Convince me otherwise if you can.

I'm not even talking about the M1 archive, it is in any terminal by default.

Nikolay Demko:

Wrong on both counts.

The fact that some DCs have a history of archive ticks is a merit of forum users of this forum, and I am one of them. We have been pestering ServiceDesk MetaQuotes for two or three years to give us such an opportunity.

We have dug a lot of information, crashed a lot of plates. And now the prize is here, the ticks can be received in packs of 100 000, which takes about 2 hours straight from MQL. To organize such input we need a UPU, where every MT will have its own ticks collector, and the common program will aggregate and pack it all (because unpacked ticks transferring via Internet is a tantrum).

This is for realtime. And for requesting the ready databases there is no problem at all, MQL has a web-request function, and everything that browser can get, you can get from MQL.

The trading system will request the data it needs and it doesn't care if it worked or not, the data will be available, because other programs (tick collectors) do it in non-stop regime on a dedicated server. But again, to limit and maintain all this AD.

And most importantly, in order to be linked with it all, you must have an ironclad argument that the ticks have an advantage over M1. I haven't seen it yet. Convince me otherwise if you can.

I won't convince you otherwise. I'm against ticks too!

That leaves 2 options:

1. from the naginarian Vladimir - to read quotes not by 5 digits, but by 4 digits. Great! That's what I'll do on VisSim.

2. Yours - to read by OPEN on minutes. Also not bad.

And the same question - where are the archives? how to restore them during interruptions in work?

Alexander_K2:

I won't be persuaded. I'm against tics too!

That leaves 2 options:

1. from the naive Vladimir - to read quotes not by 5 digits, but by 4. Great! That's what I'll do on VisSim.

2. Yours - to read by OPEN on minutes. Also not bad.

But the old question - where are the archives? How to restore them during a work interruption?

If you have an MT4 + Vissim, MT4 has an archive of quotes, to unload the data for Vissim is like two fingers, the format has to be defined.

By the way, no one has asked which terminal your broker has? Maybe you want to trade under which Ninja.

Nikolay Demko:

You seem to have made a combination of MT4 + Vissim, MT4 has an archive of quotes there, uploading data to Vissim is like two fingers, you just need to define the format.

Hmmm... For both cases, for 4 digits and for OPEN? And what is the depth of these archives?

MT4 terminal

Alexander_K2:
Hmmm... For both cases for 4-digits and OPEN? And how deep are these archives?

You're killing me, have you ever opened an MT4 or MT5 terminal?

Depends on the DC, well since 2013 the M1 kotirs are there. About 2 yr. bars.

Since 2005 M5.

Nikolay Demko:

You're killing me, have you ever opened the MT4 or MT5 channel?

All right, I'll read it. Don't get too excited. I'm a beginner, but I'm a quick thinker. I'll take a look.

Alexander_K2:
All right, I'll read it. Don't get too excited. I'm a beginner, but I'm a quick thinker. I'll check it out.

You just said you got a combination of MT4 and Vissim.

So I thought you knew what the main features of the trading platform are.

Nikolay Demko:

You just said you got a combination of MT4 and Vissim.

So I thought you knew what the main features of the trading platform are.

I did it myself! Don't insult me. I just don't have time for everything. I read and do only the essentials.

Here, I've read, the relationship between programmers and customers is not regulated at all :)))

Some suspect others of possible leakage of valuable information and vice versa :)))). Is it possible to work this way? You have to do everything yourself

Alexander_K2:

Here, I have read, the relationship between programmers and customers is not regulated by the word "at all". :)))

Some suspect others of possible leakage of valuable information and vice versa :)))). Is it possible to work this way? You have to do everything yourself.

If someone steals something from you on the forum, you won't get less of it.