From theory to practice - page 56

OK, no deals yet - archive data is being collected for the calculation. It all starts tomorrow, tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll list the keys to forex. Here they are:

1. An elaborate, sound methodof taking tick data- NEEDED to be found

Can't find it... It should be a clear, unambiguous method that should work exclusively on all flows from any DC.

2. tick data sample size - NED

Calculated from Chebyshev inequality so that this volume contains at least 99% of the incremental distribution

3. Selective measure of central tendency - DECLARED

In general it is a simple arithmetic moving average SMA, although I think it is a WMA

4. current variance -NONE

Calculated for the current sample size at the arrival of each new tick

5. Historical average variance -NEEDED

Calculated based on historical historical data for the current sample size.

6. Current asymmetry coefficient-NONE

Calculated for the current sample size as a nonparametric skew at each new tick

7. Historical average skewness factor -NONE

Calculated as anonparametric sk ew module based on archived historical data for the current sample size.

Regards,

Alexander.

What's up with the distribution of the modified series?

bas:

What's up with the distribution of the modified series?

I'll definitely have a look. I'll let you know later.

Alexander_K2tick data receptionmethod- NONE

The method of data reception is not important. If you knew how to do tests, you would have found this out long ago.

bas:
The method of receiving the data is not important. If you knew how to do tests, you would have figured this out long ago.
Yes, I remember that you suggested reading once every 10 seconds, while Nikolay said that the average tick output is 1 in 3 seconds. I may be completely dumbed down, but I can't decide on the right way and that's it... What - just take any figure from the ceiling?

Alexander_K2:
Yes, I remember that you suggested reading once every 10 seconds, while Nikolay said that the average tick output is 1 in 3 seconds. I may be completely dumbed down, but I can't decide on the only right way and that's it... What - just take any figure from the ceiling?
Try different methods on different pairs - every tick, with 1s step, 3s step, exponentially, with averaging, and so on. Then I think that the results will show that it doesn't make a decisive difference.

bas:
Do different methods on different pairs - read every tick, in steps of 1s, 3s, exponentially, with averaging, and whatever else you like. Then I think you will see from the results that it doesn't make a decisive difference.
OK.

I've had a quick look through the branch...

in the "list of keys" - the way to receive tick data was not found.

and then everything was based on it before and everything was built on it :-)

as all theoretical physicists I have to ask - what is a price? what kind of increments do you count? why do you count a tick as a quantum of time? what process (process model) precedes this price. what is involved there and so on...

Honestly, I'm already so tired of this race... After all, I need to create a TC just in time for the New Year and not one day later...

Eh...

1. I see price as a dimensionless physical quantity.

2. We have a discrete non-Markovian flow.

3. increment is difference between current and previous price, expressed in pips. It may have both positive and negative values.

4. Price movement as a non-Markovian process is described by Integro-differential equation that can be solved numerically using finite-difference methods where it is important to know the time step delta T.

If you take every tick, delta T is floating. What should it be? It is logical to assume that it should be anything. However, if I try to read ticks every 1 sec, then all the same REALLY received ticks will NOT have delta T =1.

So how do I read them correctly? Have mercy - help an old man out...

Maxim Kuznetsov:

I took a quick look through the thread...

in the "key list" - the way to receive tick data is not found.

and then and earlier everything was based on it and everything was built on this data :-)

as all theoretical physicists I have to ask - what is a price? what kind of increments do you count? why do you count a tick as a quantum of time? what process (process model) precedes a price? what is involved and so on...

It came to mind.

Kisa, I want to ask you, as an artist to an artist: can you draw?