My dissatisfaction to the strategy tester. to the MQL developers - page 4

When you create a project and select mt4, the file is created with mq5 extension.

Vladimir Pastushak:
When working with projects, everything, sounds, pictures, txt and csv files as well as set files should be stored in the repository. I understand that then a lot of memory may be flooded into servers in hours and there will be unnecessary load, but it is very necessary).

You can store these file types as well.

There are no direct restrictions.

Renat Fatkhullin:

You can save these file types too.

EX5 does not compress the included resources. Because of this, a few small picture BMP resources make an executable file many megabytes long.

fxsaber:
EX5 doesn't squeeze the included resources. Because of that, a few small picture BMP resources make the executable file many megabytes long.

What if you use png instead of bmp?

And I don't think MT keeps all executable resources in memory.

Wait a minute though... It's an interesting question, because the 5-Rock eats a lot of memory...

fxsaber:
EX5 does not compress the included resources. Because of this, a few small picture BMP resources make the executable file many megabytes long.

Of course it does and it always does. This is explicitly mentioned in the documentation from the beginning.

Example:

#resource "my.bmp"

void OnStart()
  {
    Print("Test");
  }

If the my.bmp file is 11 mb empty, the ex5 file is 68 kb. If you remove the resource, the file will be 7kb.

We use fast LZSS compression algorithm which compresses most files (pictures, wav, texts, etc.) very well.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Of course it does and it always does.

Example:

If the my.bmp file is 11 mb empty, the ex5 file is 68 kb. If you remove the resource, the file will be 7kb.

We use a fast LZSS compression algorithm which compresses most files (pictures, wav, texts, etc.) very well.

BMP and WAV files are automatically compressed before being included in the executable EX5 file. This means that the use of resources not only allows you to create full-fledged programs in MQL5, but also reduces the total size of files required by the terminal when using graphics and sound as compared to the usual way of writing mql5 programs.

The resource file size cannot be larger than 128 Mb.

It's strange, I have several megabytes of EX5-files. Exactly as much as BMP files take.

For formula synthetics can CopyTicks be used to intervals that were BEFORE the symbol was created and placed in Market Watch?

Renat Fatkhullin:

You can save these file types too.

There are no direct restrictions.

Sound does not see csv and txt but cannot be sent to storages.

In order to trade formula synthetics like regular symbols, you need to be able to parse them.

Is parsing these formulas entirely up to the MQL programmer?

It is possible to write a library that will trade a properly specified formula synthetic like a regular one. Market orders only.

Then a triangular arbitrage, for example, would be written in a few lines.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Sound does not see meta-editor csv and txt but cannot be sent to storage.

Any files in a row are not automatically added to the storage.

Give the command "Add file or folder" on the desired files. To see all files in directories, not just standard ones, enable "Show all files" mode in the context menu.