Help me find a laptop - page 4

Alexey Volchanskiy:

This is already a thing of the past for desktop CPUs. Soon AMD will start to press Intel with itshttp://www.ixbt.com/news/2017/05/17/amd-epyc-naples.html on server market as well.

Nice comment under the article)

Considering Intel's calmness, AMD's joy will be short-lived.

khorosh:
I do not know how on laptops, but on desktop computers discrete is when made on discrete elements in the form of a small board (module) and has its own RAM. It is inserted through the connector on the motherboard. A built-in is a chip on the motherboard that uses part of the total RAM.

You need to disable these external video cards. Use the one in the processor.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

This is already a thing of the past for desktop CPUs. Soon AMD will start to press Intel with itshttp://www.ixbt.com/news/2017/05/17/amd-epyc-naples.html on the server market as well.

When I bought my first desktop about 10 years ago I had a choice between AMD and Intel. I read computer magazines. Intel processors then were heating like stoves with AMD with the same performance. Because they had much higher clock frequency. And AMD provided comparable performance due to more advanced architecture. So I opted for AMD. But later I read somewhere that Intel had pulled ahead of AMD.

Sergey Chalyshev:

It's all a fairy tale. I myself thought AMD was better, until I felt the difference.

You have to be born in 10 years to compare and understand it when you grow up.

I'm old enough and my memory is ok. The history of Intel and AMD has been going on for a long time, with one pulling ahead and the other pulling ahead.

2001 г. - AMD releases Athlon XP and tears Intel in terms of speed and price.

2006 г. - Intel makes Core 2 Duo, AMD goes long outsider

2017 г. - AMD releases Ryzen, Intel is again on the losing side. Epyc can probably be added there as well.

khorosh:
I want to change my slow laptop. My desktop computer has an i3 processor clocked at 3.3 ghz. Even though it's not new, it's still pretty good in terms of performance. Here I would like to pick up a laptop, so that the performance was not worse. Only here have looked at laptops even with i7 maximum clock speed 2.6 GHz. What do you advise?

What is your current CPU on your desktop PC and laptop - tell me the exact name, how much RAM is on your laptop.

I have no idea what can slow down, especially when trading hands in MT4 - I use a netbook sometimes with 2-3 terminals and charts under 50....

It's likely that you have a software problem - one of the windows processes is eating up resources. Or there is a crooked indicator in use - it would be better to redo it.

For trading EAs in MT4 I use mostly Core2Duo laptops - 9 terminals with 23 charts in each - this requires 3GB of RAM.

For EAs in MT5 I bought a second-hand laptop with 4GB i5 CPU for 5k rubles - I'm monitoring CPU load around 5% - 5 charts so far.

Here https://www.notebook-center.ru/proce ssor.html you can see the CPU rankings - I'm focusing on the super pi test.

Процессоры для ноутбуков :: Ноутбук-Центр
  • www.notebook-center.ru
Всем, кто хоть немного знаком с устройством ноутбука, известно, что главное в нем – не корпус, не клавиатура и даже не экран. Главное в любом ноутбуке - это процессор. От того, какой процессор для ноутбука вы выберете, будет зависеть работа всего лэптопа в целом. Данная страница содержит рейтинг процессоров для ноутбуков. В нем собраны описания...

khorosh:
I want to replace my slow laptop. My desktop computer has an i3 processor clocked at 3.3 GHz. Although it's not new, I'm happy with its performance. Here I would like to pick up a laptop, so that the performance was not worse. Only here have looked at laptops even with i7 maximum clock speed 2.6 GHz. What do you advise?

I would advise you not to forget that comparing laptops with a desktop computer is always incorrect, especially in terms of processor performance. Due to differences in cooling capabilities, laptops will not keep up with computers, where there is incomparably more space both to accommodate fans and coolers, including optional enclosures, and to arrange airflow. It's best not to make comparisons on processor performance, a laptop should provide mobility, not performance, in the first place.

khorosh:
I want to change my slow laptop. My desktop computer has an i3 processor clocked at 3.3 GHz. Although no longer new, but in terms of performance quite suits me. Here I would like to pick up a laptop, so that the performance was not worse. Only here have looked at laptops even with i7 maximum clock speed 2.6 GHz. What would you advise?

Frequency is not important for multicore systems, for example, a system with 16 cores at frequency 2 will kick ass with a system with i7 with 4 cores at frequency 3, but it should be understood that it will kick ass only in applications using multicore.

For disk system I would suggest to splurge on SSD and would highly recommend it, and of course memory - the more the better, 8 is a minimum, better 16 and quite good 32

So here as they say the choice is yours, SDD, 16gb, i5 or i7 processor.

---

But I myself prefer to make a stationary more expensive and powerful and cheaper.

Laptop is so, like a surrogate, being in a mobile state - to be able to go to the Internet, to write some stuff, to connect remotely to your desktop :-))

I don't see the point of buying a laptop if it is going to be used at home.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

---

But I myself prefer to make a desktop more expensive and powerful and it comes out cheaper in price.

Laptop is a kind of surrogate when you are mobile - to be able to go to the Internet, to write some things, to connect remotely to your desktop :-))

I don't see the point of buying a laptop if it is to be used at home.

As they say no two alike for taste and colour :)

On the contrary, I like to work with a 15" laptop, not a desktop PC. It's good enough for me:

Terminal        Windows 10 Pro (x64 based PC), IE 11.00, UAC, Intel Core i3-3120 M  @ 2.50 GHz, RAM: 4302 / 8077 Mb, HDD: 308195 / 475588 Mb, GMT+02:00

khorosh:
I don't know about laptops, but on desktop computers discrete is when made on discrete elements in the form of a small board (module) and has its own RAM. It is inserted through the connector on the motherboard. A built-in is a chip on the motherboard that uses part of the total RAM.

You're way behind the times. It's the CPU now, not the motherboard. )

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

What is your current CPU on your desktop PC and laptop - tell me the exact name, how much RAM is on your laptop.

I have no idea what can slow down, especially when trading hands in MT4 - I use a netbook sometimes with 2-3 terminals and charts under 50....

It's likely that you have a software problem - one of the windows processes is eating up resources. Or there is a crooked indicator in use - it would be better to redo it.

For trading EAs in MT4 I use mostly Core2Duo laptops - 9 terminals with 23 charts in each - this requires 3GB of RAM.

For EAs in MT5 I bought a second-hand laptop with 4GB i5 CPU for 5k rubles - I'm monitoring CPU load around 5% - 5 charts so far.

Here https://www.notebook-center.ru/proce ssor.html you can see the CPU rating - I'm focusing on the super Pi test.

On desktop : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3225 CPU @ 3.3 GHz RAM 4GB 64pc Windows 7

On laptop: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz RAM 3, 00GB 64-bit Windows 10

There is only one MT4 running on the laptop. There are 6 open charts on 6 instruments. An Expert Advisor for semi-automatic trading and several indicators are installed on each of them. On each chart there is a control panel with 28 buttons. Also the Opera browser is usually loaded and many pages are open in it.

Laptop freezes usually happen when the quotes are flowing fast during news events.

Now look MT4 loads CPU on 40 - 56%, but it is at quiet quotations. Closed all the charts, MT4 loads the CPU by 10-23%.