Mt4 End of support. - page 46

Dmitry Fedoseev:

No))) I won't do that at all.

I think this is the best approach.

Реter Konow:
In my opinion - the best approach.

A better approach would be to rewrite the whole thing from scratch. On a completely different principle. But, alas, you will be adding more and more crutches. Although you can do once for many situations, and much easier.

That's how it is, by the way. Just ignore it. Go on doing your own thing.

Mother of God, so many spears have been broken on nothing.

There is the option of finding a new bar using the PLO from Konstantin Gruzdev, an article. I've been using it for several years, no complaints. It is very useful that in one scope, there may be several objects of CisNewBar class belonging to different timeframes and symbols.

I don't agree with the approach "there are no quotes but we have a bar". Maybe due to habit, maybe due to TA.

Vladimir Pastushak:

One of the users asked me to remake the program for Mt5, arguing that next year Mt4 support will be discontinued.

Is this true and who knows what?

I really want it to happen.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

I really wish this would happen already.

or maybe I don't want to lose a couple of thousand functions in notepad and make a new package + then rewrite everything I have

When I saw this discussion on the forum, at first I thought it was about this news:

As of October 1, 2017, support for MetaTrader 4 client terminals below 1065 build will cease. Such terminals will not be able to connect to the servers of the new versions. We strongly recommend you to update your terminals in advance

Turns out it's about more global (i.e. possible complete withdrawal of MT4 support in 2018).

I conclude that we should slowly move to MT5 and redesign EAs for this version, calmly, without fuss. So that sooner or later (it will happen in the beginning of 2018 or later, but most likely it will happen) there will be no surprises and I won't lose possible profits.

Checked all my terminals on server (Terminal -> Help -> About), I see Version 4.0, Build 1090 - I conclude that October 1, 2017 does not concern me in any way.

Might be useful for someone to check for updates (who knows when the last time the terminal was rebooted and updated for some traders).

P.S. I am not an mql programmer, just an MT user.

Делаю выводы, что надо потихоньку переходить на MT5 и переделывать советников под эту версию, спокойно, без суеты. Чтобы рано или поздно (случится это в начале 2018 и ли в конце, но скорее всего произойдет) не было нежданчиков и не терять возможный профит.

By then, maybe MQ will have lost its position. A lot of people don't like mt5. You can see the upside, but the market is the market.

Arkadii Zagorulko:
By then, maybe MQ will have lost its position. A lot of people don't like mt5. You may see only pluses, but the market is the market.

Many people probably wouldn't even bother with it, use Mt4 and that's it, it just means someone needs the switch.

We will survive, people adapt to everything. But MT4 developers should probably look towards this trend, so as not to be left without "bread and red caviar" one day.

Arkadii Zagorulko:
By then, maybe MQ will have lost its position. A lot of people don't like mt5. You can see the pros alone, but the market is the market.

Really ?!!!

And what will these "many" be using ?

MT5 is absolutely no different from MT4. Those who don't like it - automatically don't like MT4 either. And by all appearances, not very many of them.

George Merts:

Really ?!!!

And what will these "many" use ?

The MT5 is absolutely no different from MT4. Those who don't like it, don't like MT4 either. And by the looks of it, there are not very many of them.

Run a simple robot visualisation tester on mt4 then on mt5 and pretend you are a beginner. Maybe you will have an epiphany.