I'm puzzled... EAs don't work on real accounts... maybe we should change broker? - page 6

Reactor555:

Don't kill hope. Tell me why)))

Evgeny Belyaev:

I still haven't upgraded to MT5. I'm pumping ticks from TDM. Checked them by hand... seems to be true.

Reactor555:

The maximum drawdown on a 0.01 lot is only $60 at 1:500.

Something is confusing. 600 pips of drawdown would be visible on the equity chart.

Where should I look...? I don't look at the drawdown on the chart, my owl counts it by itself. But I still wonder where you can see it on the chart? If I show you a bigger picture, will you be able to show me?

Reactor555:

Where should I look...? I don't look at the drawdown on the chart, my owl counts it by itself. But I still wonder where you can see it on the chart? If I show you a bigger one, will you be able to show me?

Somewhere around deal 1165, there's a little green thing

And I keep thinking... what's that green line. But no. In this case, it's not there. You can't see it at all on this chart. Here's a bigger version.

Files:
GBPUSD.jpg  78 kb

Reactor555:

And I keep thinking... what's that green line. But no. In this case, it's not there. You can't see it at all on this chart. Here's a bigger version.

Not here.

Judging by the picture, there is brutal pipsing, the EA will die in the real market.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

You're confused about something. A 600 point drawdown would be visible on an equity chart.

On the pound 1 point is twenty cents at 1:500. The $60 drawdown is along with the margin to open the position. At $2 per 0.01 lot.

To be precise, on this chart the biggest drawdowns were when 17 times 0.01 lot was opened (i.e. $34 margin), which all together sagged by $27.2. The total was $61.2. So there you go.

Reactor555:

On the pound 1 point is twenty cents at 1:500. Sixty dollars of drawdown is together with the margin to open a position. Two dollars per 0.01 lot.

To be precise, on this chart the biggest drawdowns were when 17 times 0.01 lot was opened (i.e. $34 of margin) which all together sagged by $27.2. The total was $61.2. So there you have it.

Interesting interpretation.

$60 per 0.01 lot is not the same as $60 per 0.17 lot including margin.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Not here.

Judging by the picture, it's violent pipsing, the EA will die in the real market.

No. Not violent. It is not even pipsing. )))

The minimum allowable approximation to the market is 6 pips and 2 pips (60 and 20 pips for 5 decimal places). But this is rarely the case. Usually it's further than that. That's why I was surprised by the failure of all modifications on the points at once. The difference between outermost orders and TPs was more than 10 points. According to DC rules I have the right to modify them if the order is no closer than one spread. The question is what was the spread at that moment?

And in general yes, this is action trading. It seems to me that playing on long timeframes does not justify itself. The chart moves by two figures in a day and it is not clear whether it will return... Or the loss has to be fixed. Although, it is more of a philosophical question. Taking into account the fact that everything was fine for three weeks, I hope there are some prospects. In order not to get caught in spread widening I exclude trading during strong news. I scrupulously fill the owl with dates and times of such news. This has only made the tests smoother. And how will it turn out in life... To make plans is only making God laugh.

But the chart is beautiful, don't you agree? )))) The charts for the other pairs are also very impressive.