Mr Martin and his friends - page 3

Ivan Butko:

You have a signal on the sub, just: how did you pass the euro rally earlier in the week? You didn't enter?

the signal is formed after the close of the weekly candle

Ivan Butko:
What do you think (or maybe you know) how you can safely use martingale and its derivatives: averaging, hedges and so on?

Our tops lived long because it was essentially a medium to long term flat. Hi Taras.

But, not so long ago the Euro currency pair flew up for a few days, and so did the Euro. This may be caused by the fact that some of the mediators stopped their signals, and some others are in the drawdown.

I would like to know your opinion on how to avoid such plots. The first thing that comes to mind is:

1. turkeys

2. waiting for the plum area in the demo, and after it to stand on the real

3. Keeping an eye on the fundamentals.

But if you describe these options in more detail or offer your own, that would be great.

Ivan, your advisor is a pairwise martin, as I recall

The stats weren't bad.

What happened?

Renat Akhtyamov:

Ivan, your advisor is a pairwise martin, as I recall

The stats weren't bad.

What happened?

The stats were good for those who tested their versions in the branch.) But no one shared.

One guy shared his version, the stats were not bad, but with a minuscule percentage. I do not want to do that with my depo and I`m unlikely to use large depo for trading on margin as well.

I am considering trading like former top traders - averaging. I have an Expert Advisor and I earned 13% using it without trading on the news day. And still I have a 50% drawdown. I have stopped it for now. I want to find a way not to reduce the concentration of trades (as a minuscule percentage with the probability of losing), but also not to get into this stuff

Ivan Butko:

The stats were not bad for those who tested their versions in the thread)). But no one shared.

One guy shared his version, the stats were not unreliable, but with a minuscule percentage. I do not want to do that with my depo and I`m unlikely to use large depo for trading on margin as well.

I am considering trading like former top traders - averaging. I have an Expert Advisor and I earned 13% using it without trading on the news day. And still I have a 50% drawdown. I have stopped it for now. I want to find a method that would not decrease concentration of trades (as low percentage with probability of losing), but I also would not fall into this stuff.

If you had written it yourself, then you would have tweaked it yourself.

You can see where I'm going with this.

I would probably freelance.

Actually, it's probably time to get into the code....

Ivan Butko:

How do you like this variant?

We only enter (trade) when the BB narrows on several TFs (convergence of opposite lines starting from one bar).
After all the narrowing seems to indicate a flat

And open towards the flush to increase the probability of hitting that killer trend, close in profit and wait for it to settle down

Renat Akhtyamov:

If you'd written it yourself, you'd have tweaked it.

You can see where I'm going with this.

Freelancing is more likely.

Anyway, it's probably time to get into the code....

I beat my chest every day: "That's it, no more requests, I'm going to learn the bloody language myself and start writing". That's it. That's the end of the heroics. And when you come home from work - "Fuck it, my head's not good enough, I'll have a better conversation on the forum."

Ivan Butko:

I beat my chest every day: "That's it, no more requests, I'm going to learn the bloody language myself and start writing". That's it. That's the end of the heroic endeavour. And then you come home from work - "Fuck it, my head's not good enough, I'll have a better conversation on the forum."

It's a week's work to learn the language. The words are like in Ellochka's ogre's vocabulary.

Anyway, the picture is familiar. I am like that myself - I even know what to do, but I can't get my hand up).

My Martin shows good results with k=5.
On the 6th knee, the average price is as close to the market price as possible +-6p. On Eurusd, the fluctuation is +-10 pips, even with a sudden 1000 pips withdrawal and the whole grid closes on the sum in the plus. But I always monitor the market on the 6th knee and I am ready to cut the losses manually in extreme situations.
I also need some more details about the period of working to reduce the drawdown.

Ivan Butko:

I beat my chest every day: "... I'd rather talk in a forum".

Any forum is like a hoover that sucks you in in many directions and it's very difficult to get out of its embrace if you can't control yourself completely.
Even if you haven't learned to control yourself, the language won't help you realize your potential, since you won't have any energy after the forum and even if you had energy, your thoughts will be different after the forum and you won't be able to realize your potential since you spent hours on the forum.

With respect.

P.S. Conclusions, gentlemen, the same applies to any social networks, so fashionable now. Stop being a zombie and start living your life.

Shit...

How many times do I have to tell you - a martin, if it doesn't lose, requires a huge deposit, and as a result the profit percentage becomes miserable.

If the profit on a martin is normal, then the probability of losing is even palpable.

The only possibility to have a good profit and not to fail is to make so many changes to the martin that it will cease to be a martin long time ago. Let's say, how do you like this "martin" - set such a lot that you can lose only one percent of the deposit. If we make a loss - we increase TP, and again we put one percent of the deposit at risk, and again, with each loss - we increase TP, so it covers all our losses. It is clear that such a system - will never lose (and it is very doubtful that it will work) - but it is also called a "martin".