Sultonov differential indicator - page 25

Олег avtomat:

so at every tick the indicator will recalculate the entire 1000 bar window?

If YES, this is a very bad variant.

It can be done not at every tick, though this variant is feasible due to the simplicity of the calculation algorithm. The indicator does it at every tick of the 0th bar, but after the end of the next bar. The indicator makes lightning-fast calculations even for 60 000 minute bars on every tick. Further it does not have enough power or possibilities of the terminal are limited. Exel also pulls 60 000 bars, but it reflects only 30 000 bars on the chart. So far, intuitively, I have noticed that it is enough to analyse 1,000 min bars. I can find out for sure if I go through the optimization stage on the history. Here is a view of the indicator for scalpers with a period of 1 bar (intra-bar indicator):

With a period of 1,000 for intraday trading:

And with a period of 60,000 bars for long term trading (although I haven't tested the effectiveness of such a trade myself):

In the long term, the Bulls proved to be much stronger than the Bears.

This is what an indicator with a period of 500 minute bars looks like:

Сергей:
If the calculation methodology does not allow to make the lines static in time, and only the current indicator readings matter (at 0 bar), can we make the indication not by lines? It may not be so visual, but it won't be misleading... You don't need lines to attach them to your EA.
Your proposal can be implemented in the following way: we create a chart with black and white candles. The 0th bar after the last tick becomes a white candle if the Bulls are strong and a black one if the Bears are strong. Now, the direction and mutual position of the lines doesn't play any role and the information value of historical calculations is not lost. The size of candlesticks can be made as calculated using indicator readings by difference (B - M) or by price difference (H - L). In the latter case, by analogy with the Japanese, the chart will be, excuse the tautology, with the "Tajik" candlesticks.

Here's the DA(500) indicator, running at night at the time of start-up:

It also showed in the morning:

restart in the morning:

DA(700) indicator running in the morning with a longer period to match the moment of start-up with the DA(500) indicator running in the night:

DA(1000) indicator run in the morning, which has been used to judge the indicator's behaviour so far:

The same DA(1000) indicator, run at night, showed in the morning:

Now, we can draw conclusions.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
I agree with the reference point version, but the lines themselves have not changed. And the EA will work on the results of calculations on the 0th bar, which are always the same, no matter when you run the indicator. The Expert Advisor does not work with lines, it works with the fact of crossing on the 0-th bar. If there are 10 bars, the same thing will happen on the 0th bar.

This is the wrong approach. On the 0th bar several crossovers can happen and go back, thus several orders will be opened and closed at a loss. The fact of line crossovers is usually fixed by the relative position of lines on the 2nd and 1st bar when forming a new one.

Alexander:

This is the wrong approach. On the 0th bar several crossovers may occur and go back, thus several orders will be opened and closed at a loss. The fact of line crossovers is usually fixed by the relative position of lines on the 2nd and 1st bar during formation of a new one.

It is a fair comment, we will do it that way - after the event is reliably fixed, or we can make it floating by specifying the number of bar actions in the settings. Thank you.

Alexander:

This is the wrong approach. On the 0th bar several crossovers may occur and go back, thus several orders will be opened and closed at a loss. The fact that lines have crossed is usually fixed by the relative position of lines on the 2nd and 1st bar when a new one is formed.

I suspect that, brought up to date, it can be used as a filter, for trend/flat strategies to confirm entry.

Андрей:

I suspect that, once it is perfected, it can be used as a filter for trend/flat strategies to confirm entry.

Andrey, don't you think it can become a buy/sell signal by itself?

Андрей:

I suspect that, tweaked, it can be used as a filter, for trend/flat strategies to confirm entry.

In principle YES.

Any signal can be used as a filter if there is a more reliable signal. A good filter is not much less valuable than the signal itself.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
Andriy, don't you think it may become a signal to buy/sell on its own?

Judging by what I saw, it is strongly re-drawn even on the last (0,1,2) bars, i.e. a situation is possible when on one M1 bar during a minute there will be 10 opposite signals! If you take the 3rd bar as a signal, it's usually too late, I would make a decision at the current price and breakdown of levels signaling a trend, rather than flat, and the signal of your indicator would filter out false breaks against the trend, which I hope the DA, will clearly and uniquely identify at least the 4th bar (ie we do not predict, but see the current situation, with a delay of only a couple of minutes) and the signals we get from the current price ... something like this...

Андрей:

Judging by what I saw, it is strongly re-drawn on the last (0,1,2) bars, i.e. a situation is possible when on one M1 bar during a minute there will be 10 opposite signals! If you take the 3rd bar as a signal, it's usually too late, I would make a decision at the current price and breakdown of levels signaling a trend, rather than flat, and the signal of your indicator would filter out false breaks against the trend, which I hope the DA, will clearly and uniquely identify at least the 4th bar (ie we do not predict, but see the current situation, with a delay of only a couple of minutes) and the signals we get from the current price ... something like this...

Are you kidding? On M1 when the 0th bar just opened and the 1st one closed, the 2nd one closed a minute ago and the 3rd one closed 2 minutes ago. And this is late when the signals appear 150-200 4-digit pips later?