Is the glass half full or half empty - how do you analyse the glass and apply it in trading? - page 8

Yeah...and don't look at me like I'm a pro. I'm just a mere mortal with my own headaches))

Andrey Gladyshev:

Exactly, big moves are more to the market maker's detriment. As for the imbalance, there are levels at which both buying and selling are taking place. Perhaps they should be used as a starting point. MM's job is not to go against anyone, but to provide liquidity.

I was not referring to MM as an organisation providing liquidity, but as a professional player with large funds.

I agree, there are levels where there is both buying and selling, but I was talking about levels where there is either a lot of buying or a lot of selling. From these levels there is a move in the opposite direction.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

I was not referring to MM as an organisation providing liquidity, but as a professional player with a lot of funds.

I agree, there are levels where there is both buying and selling, but I was talking about levels where there is either a lot of buying or a lot of selling. From these levels there is a movement in the opposite direction.

Of course, MM is someone with a lot of money, but their task is to provide liquidity, and of course, to earn money. The levels are a separate topic...

I don't want the topic to get stale. Since we are talking about the market and using it for analysis, we need to support the topic somehow. I was once told by a person that it would not be possible to trade based only on the euro. I do not want to be distrustful or disrespectful to this person, but I will try to refute this statement. I will get my thoughts together and go ahead...

Christ is Risen!

The glass is definitely half empty today...

Alexey Kozitsyn:
The glass is definitely half empty today...

What instrument?

In my opinion, there is no point in looking at the whole glass. I explained my position on this above. For the people there will glue everything together. Bests and maybe one level at a time in the glass from them. You need to keep the nearest levels on standby for a quick response. I'm not claiming that further down the cup MM has nothing to do with it, but it's enough to really assess the situation.

PS: I may not have written before this, my aim is to extract 1-2 ticks of profit with a small stop.

Andrey Gladyshev:

What instrument?

Any instrument that was dumped today... RTS trading was stopped 4 times... for the rest - look at the news tab (if you have a real on FORTS).

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Yeah any one that got dumped today... RTS trading was stopped 4 times... for the rest - look at the news tab (if you have a real on FORTS).

I don't follow our market.