OOP vs procedural programming - page 46

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

or better code converter from c++ to mql or something

Only possible for very primitive code. For more or less complex tasks it's unrealistic.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Only possible for very primitive codes. For more or less complex tasks, it is no longer feasible.

Give examples of more or less complex tasks

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Give examples of more or less complex tasks.

Use any libraries, even those built into C++. There are no analogues in MQL. Conversion is only possible with ANSI C++, and even that is questionable.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

give examples of more or less complex tasks

Any code with non-unique inheritance, slightly more complex templates, the slightest partitioning into scopes, types within classes, a bunch of stuff

Комбинатор:
any code with non-unique inheritance, slightly more complex templates, the smallest partitioning into scopes, types within classes, a bunch of stuff

what does algotrading have to do with it?

IO and statistics libs are usually just written.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Better a code converter from c++ to mql or something

because the required libs are simply converted after investigation and that's all.

You can convert from mql to C++, it's quite simple and I know there are people here who do it... You get a very limited subset of C++ (in fact C-classes), but the code is used in both MT and C++ projects.

But to convert arbitrary C++ to mql - alas and ah. Slightly apply templates, take a good thing in STL, God forbid, address arithmetic, and that's it, the code is unconvertible. The languages are similar, but no more than that.

By the way, from pascal the converter is more realistic, only the game is not worth the effort

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Use of any libraries, even those built into C++. There are no analogues in MQL. Conversion is possible only with ANSI C++, and even this is questionable.

I still don't understand what your problem is

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I still don't understand what your problem is.

The problem isn't mine, it's yours. I don't need a converter. You do.) It's been explained to you by several people that it's unrealistic.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

The problem is not mine, it's yours. I don't need a converter. You do.)

I'm rewriting it by hand and not whining.

almost everything you need has long been available in mql.

Maybe a couple of libraries like alglib on machine learning and so on would be nice, that's all. Further this is already beyond the sky and no one here will not write such megabots.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

what does algotrading have to do with it?

and what does this have to do with a plus-size converter?