OOP vs procedural programming - page 30

Andrei:

How can we explain why many brokers call MQL4 platform popular, but do not apply this epithet to MQL5?

Obviously, the difference is in the OOP, which is much harder to master and, as a consequence, in debugging and support of the written code.

It's just the opposite.

A programme like Peter's, written using OOP, is much easier to debug and maintain than Peter's own approach.

I bet that 90% of OOP opponents will immediately "choke" on his code. At the same time my code is clear even to people who are only slightly familiar with OOP (of course zero people will not understand it). It is because all my blocks have access only to those entities which are needed specifically in this block. With such restrictions, you don't have to remember anything, and it's easier to understand the code.

George Merts:

It is just the opposite.

A program like Peter's, written using OOP, is much easier to debug and maintain than Peter's own approach.

I bet that 90% of opponents of OOP would immediately "drown" in its code. At the same time my code is clear even to people who are only slightly familiar with OOP (of course, zeros won't understand it at all).

Of course, they will "choke", because they don't know my approach at all. What's so surprising about it? If I explained and taught them in detail, no one would get "choked".

Practice shows that it is possible to use only one approach in a program. Since I've implemented my ideas using my approach, it's impossible for me to know how it would look and work if I were to apply OOP. But no one can claim that it would be better and more efficient.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
The employer is not the idiot you are trying to paint him as. No one will pay more, especially for a complicated code. Everyone wants to save money - to implement a project quickly, to spend minimum man-hours and at the same time to get a working system that doesn't require rewriting and modifications. That's why they demand to know this very OOP.

The employer is not an idiot, but the programmer is not an idiot either. Obviously, the programmer's goal is to make as much money as possible from the same project. Also any adequate programmer who makes a living programming will use all possible ways to make it difficult for other programmers to maintain his code for competition reasons. OOP is ideally suited to this. It seems obvious.

Реter Konow:
But in fact you can program in MQL5 in procedural style. This is not C#. And what about the fact that it's less popular - so time flows and the world changes... But the platform has a lot of advantages, that MT4 does not have. Don't these advantages mean nothing?

But you can't program with OOP in MQL4, that's why it's still more popular.

Andrei:

But you can't program with OOP in MQL4, so it's still more popular.

You are wrong. You can program with OOP in MQL4. It is more popular now because its intellectual barrier is lower. What to do...

Реter Konow:
You are wrong. You can program with OOP in MQL4.
Just like in MQL5?

Andrei:
The same as in MQL5?
As far as I know, almost the same.

Реter Konow:
As far as I know, almost the same.
Where is this information coming from?

Andrei:
Where did you get this information?
From the documentation. From the forums. From the standard library in the MetaEditor.

Andrei:
Where did you get this information?

Open a reference.