How and where to set up a hedge fund? - page 8

forexman77:

Then where do you get your ideas from?

do you really think you get your ideas from books? i'll disappoint you, it's not true.

Respectfully.

forexman77:

To get a better understanding of hedge funds and the industry in general, read Schwager's "Exchange Magicians", Coppell's "Bulls, Bears and Millionaires", and "Quants as Wizards".

Hedge funds arose, among other things, because of limitations. For example, in pifs you have to have a certain proportion in stocks and bonds all the time and derivatives trades are not possible.

However, there are ofbuses that allow futures, and most importantly, they can short sell, i.e. in moments of crisis they can hedge their entire portfolio by selling futures on an index. It's true I haven't seen a single offshore fund that beat the stock index in terms of profitability.

Read all the books)

I personally haven't read those books.

Are they artistic?

Andrey Kisselyov:
do you really think you get your ideas from books? i'll disappoint you, it's not true.

Respectfully.

The subject of money is not that interesting, on that I agree.

Probably because it's not a tit in a hand yet.

Renat Akhtyamov:

I haven't personally read the books.

Are they fiction?

Interviews with the managers.

forexman77:

Interviews with the managers.

then there are questions

1 Were they on duty or already retired?
2 If they were retired, were they dependent on the HF they worked for or not (say they lived in an HF flat or were otherwise dependent on the HF)?
3 What were their means of subsistence at the time of the interview?
4 Was the interview free of charge or did they receive a fee?

And these are just a few questions that may cast doubt on everything they said.

With respect.

Andrey Kisselyov:
Then the questions arise.

1 Were they on duty or retired?
2 If they were retired, were they dependent on the HF they worked for or not (e.g. living in an HF flat or otherwise dependent on the HF)?
3 What was their livelihood at the time of the interview?
4 Was the interview free of charge or did they receive a fee?

and these are just a few questions that may cast doubt on everything they said.

with respect.

It also matters when they were running HF. I can judge from electronics engineering as I know this area well. The way electronics were designed in the 70's and 80's and the way they are now are two huge differences.

I personally used to design boards by hand as a student, hell of a job! Because there was no PC and no layout software. I used to sit down and use a special tapes to draw paths, contact pads, etc... And that's how they did it in the industry.

And a real example from 2009. At that time I was working for an American firm, and our guys from St. Petersburg were designing a chip for digital TV. They sent us a server for simulation, something totaling 512 CPUs.

I remember the exuberant joy - they said, we were designing during the day now and could run all the tests during the night!

It's the same in trading, I think.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

It also matters when they were running HF. I can judge from electronics engineering as I know this area well. The way electronics were designed in the 70's and 80's and the way they are now are two huge differences.

I personally used to design boards by hand as a student, hell of a job! Because there was no PC and no layout software. I used to sit down and use a special tapes to draw paths, contact pads, etc... And that's how they did it in the industry.

And a real example from 2009. At that time I was working for an American firm, and our guys from St. Petersburg were designing a chip for digital TV. They sent us a server for simulation, something totaling 512 CPUs.

I remember the exuberant joy - they said, we were designing during the day now and could run all the tests during the night!

It's the same in trading, I think.

i currently use 30 agents around the clock. i want to reach 400 at least. not because it's cool, but because it allows solving bigger tasks in less time.

Best regards.

P.S. I once had to do board tracing manually, it didn't work, I tried it several times, it's not my thing.

Andrey Kisselyov:
i currently use 30 agents around the clock. i want to reach 400 at least. not because it's cool, but because it allows me to solve larger tasks in less time.

Best regards.

P.S. I once had to trace boards manually, it didn't work, I tried it several times, it's not my thing.

Sometimes I optimise in the cloud from MQ, a few minutes and about $1

In the beginning I did it on PCad, but I still had to correct it manually. In general, women are good at this kind of work, they are very diligent ))

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Sometimes I optimise in the cloud from MQ, a few minutes and about $1

In the beginning I did it on PCad, but I still had to correct it manually. In general, women are good at this work, they are diligent ))

It is more expensive in the cloud than to have your own facilities, even renting a virtual dedicated server is cheaper. I wrote about it here https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/211809
arena VPS = $ 15 (4 * 2.2 GHz) per month. comp costs $ 500 (4 * 3.2 GHz) get that on the performance of the computer will be 1.45 times faster server, have payback per month 21.75 $ additional costs electricity per month 0.4 * 30 * 24 = 288 kW * 0.07 $ = 20 $ byproduct heat, which is good in winter.
The comp makes calculations that increase the profitability of the trading system, which increases the total profit of the system. and you have the same comp that was when you bought it.
VPS is better and cheaper but in terms of time you are stretching the enjoyment.

with respect.

P.S. if you consider that you have a depot of 5k and you get 10% a month then your comp will return its price already in the first month and you will have a comp.
Стоимость агентов сети MQL5 Cloud Network.
Стоимость агентов сети MQL5 Cloud Network.
  • www.mql5.com
Добрый день. Дамы и Господа...

OK read only Stock Magicians, there are two books in there. Written in an easily accessible way.

There is no point in quoting.

If you need to be specific about quants, then quants are like wizards.