Write an advisor - page 2

Sergey Gritsay:

In MQL5 there is a utility that creates EAs, called MQL5 Wizard, all you have to do is to specify the entry point indicator, risk size and click on create and the EA is ready.

I did not know that yet. I will have to have a look at it.

Sergey Gritsay:

In MQL5 there is a utility that creates EAs, called MQL5 Wizard, where you only need to specify the entry point indicator, risk size and click on create and the EA is ready.

I should have written it like this and the EA is ready.

I have seen several EA designers, as a rule, you choose an indicator and it generates a signal for a trading operation. I have seen several EA builders, usually you choose an indicator and it generates a signal for a trade.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
You should have written it this way - and the plummer is ready

To be able to talk like that, you have to at least create a similar product.

ikascorp:
I want to ask a slightly strange question. How difficult is it to learn how to write an EA yourself? (Please do not offer to teach me for money). Do I have to know programming or something like that? Or there are programmes that write the code themselves and we have to specify the indicator, the time of entry, etc..
In principle, it is not difficult! If you get into it! But it will take time

Vladimir Karputov:

In order to be able to talk like that, you have to at least create a similar product.

I don't mean the technical complexity, but the end result. All of the EAs created by designers are draining. You have to make something of your own to succeed.

Alexander Ivanov:

Hi!

First, familiarise yourself with building block diagrams of algorithms in BASIC.

second - study the technical indicators in MT4 - https://docs.mql4.com/ru/indicators/ima

iMA(NULL,0,13,8,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,i).

which parameter affects what and what it is in the indicator.

Third - take the MACDsample EA, it is available on MT4.

and start studying the code. Where is the input part, where are the indicators, where are the conditions for obtaining signals?

where the deal is opened, take profit, stop loss.

How trades are closed.

Then start to modify the trading robot and test the trading robot, what results it achieves and why.

The online trading robot builder is quite good. It will be simple for beginners.

http://www.forexeadvisor.com

http://www.forexeadvisor.com/expert_generator.aspx

Well... good luck!))

Get started and we'll see.

Zvezdochet:
The legendary BASIC ....... does not still exist ?

ikascorp:
I want to ask a slightly strange question. How hard is it to learn how to write an EA yourself? (Please do not offer to teach me for money). Do I have to know programming or something like that? Or there are programmes that write their own code while we indicate the indicator, entry points, etc.
If you have been taught to read, there is nothing wrong with logic and persistence, you will learn.

Zvezdochet:
The legendary BASIC ....... does not still exist ?

Of course, all the scripts in MS Office are written in his VBA dialect.

One of Edsger Dijkstra's "calling cards" was the statement:

Students who have previously studied BASIC are almost impossible to teach good programming. As potential programmers they are mentally crippled with no hope of recovery[3].

Original text

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

There's some other stuff, I haven't figured it out yet. They say that a non-programmer can supposedly create an EA.

http://o-s-a.net/posts/reliz-1.html

Os.Engine - платформа для алготрейдинга
Os.Engine - платформа для алготрейдинга
  • o-s-a.net
Несколько лет, команда профессиональных программистов трудилась над созданием универсального МТС билдера, который бы смог удовлетворить потребности самого широкого круга пользователей. От создания неспешных роботов на индикаторах, до сложнейших межбиржевых арбитражеров способных в два клика строить свои индексы. И нам это удалось! 3. Os.Robot...