A bit of maths :) - page 2

Vitaly Muzichenko:

P./S.: In the example I gave:

106.65 for 230 points isR0.4637 per point.

3.08(total commission)/0.4637 = about seven pips over five digits.

Dina Paches:

Are you sure that the author of the topic is not mistaken and wrote about commission of $20 per lot, and not from million USD of turnover? And please give me an example where $20 per lot equals two points of spread. I gave you an example where the commission is $20 per million USD turnover. This in that example is less than 20 pips on five digit quotes.

And with a fix spread but no commission

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I haven't seen one of those. Haven't looked at fixed spread accounts for a long time either.

Then, yes, it's likely that the author didn't misspell the $20 per lot.

One-way - does that mean that the commission you cited in the screenshot is charged once, not on opening and closing?

If so, then at $20 per lot then it would be:

• $2 per 0.1 lot ;
  • $0.20 per 0.01 lot.
With a pair like EURUSD, that's 20 pips on a five-digit basis.

How many pips is that in a pair like GBP/AUD, for example, I can't calculate it right now at a glance.

P./S.: If I am not mistaken in my calculations now, taking the example I gave, 230 pips GBP/AUD: that is about $0.00781 per pip, if converted into dollars at the exchange rate at the time.

0.20$/0.00781$ is about 26 pips on a five-digit basis. I.e., this is more expensive than at $20 per mio (the total commission there would end up being about seven p ips at those quotes).

1. the commission at Robo is $20 per million, the standard contract, aka lot - 100000, ie, the commission of $ 2 per lot, as already said above, the broker with a commission of $ 20 per lot would be useless, already bankrupt :)
2. All strategies based on lot games will not feel good about the commission, because regardless of the position commission will be taken and the only way to do it is to go a certain distance, count in points traveled, or change the account for a larger spread, but no commission
3. there is no maths here, but you won't find the FULL correct formula by day. the formula below shows how many pips you need to go to earn back commission
double moneyToPips(const string symbol, const double volume, const double amount)
{
    double point = SymbolInfoDouble(symbol, SYMBOL_POINT);
    double step = SymbolInfoDouble(symbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE);
    double value = SymbolInfoDouble(symbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE);
    return amount * step / value / volume;
}

Dina Paches:

P./S.: If I am not mistaken in my calculations now, taking the example I gave, 230 pips GBP/AUD: that is about $0.00781 per pip, if converted into dollars at the exchange rate at the time.

0.20$/0.00781$ is about 26 pips on a five-digit basis. I.e., this is more expensive than at $20 per mil (the total commission there is about seven points at those quotations)

at a glance

i.e. comparable to the spread (for this symbol)

Олег avtomat:

at a glance

i.e. comparable to the value of the spread (on this symbol)

Approximately yes. The spread is floating. At the moment (Monday morning) I looked in my terminal: and it is less than half of that commission. Ugh... Sorry. I messed up the figures. The spread is bigger than the commission.

P./S.: But it varies of course - now it's up and floating around 38 to 43 points on the five digits

Dina Paches:

Roughly yes. The spread is floating. At the moment (Monday morning) I looked in my terminal: and it is less than half of that commission.

It's insignificant. A little more, a little less... The spread is staggering. And I am talking about the order of magnitude. (i.e. 26, not 260)

Олег avtomat:

This is irrelevant. The spread is staggering. And I'm talking about the order of magnitude. (i.e. 26, not 260).

If by order of magnitude, then yes.

P./S.: I deleted part of the post. Because without clarification it could be perceived as inappropriately generalised.