How can one tolerate losses, or a life of waiting for profits? - page 3

Under the stress of the last few days, a TC like this was born:

Anyway, I broke down, couldn't take the loss... all trivial, there is testing, which was confirmed by small lot in last weeks trading.

The chart at testing for the year is 1 lot:

On joy, I decided to load the deposit to 100% and this week killed me.

Last week's chart for 1 lot:

What a curse it is - I was already in despair in the evening of 24.08.2017 stood against the TS, confident that the market would continue to correct, and on 25.08.2017 at the end of the trading session I closed partially the position with a huge loss - more than the TS had drained for the week by a factor of 3. That's emotion.

Anyway, don't know how to deal with it. How can I convince myself that everything goes according to plan and I should not interfere in trading? Or the market has changed and my ATC will no longer work? I have black thoughts, maybe it's just karma, a curse...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I am psychologically uncomfortable with losing streaks - I get anxious and disappointed in myself. Now I trade with my hands, and every trade at a loss gets me down - I'm looking for new ideas for trend trading. Stops especially annoy me - I look at the history and I understand that without them I could have lost third of the deposit in couple of days - emotions - inadequate behaviour...

Actually, there is a result of the losses - I have a simple ATS with stops, but without averaging(position opening is planned in two stages), works on a bar opening, TF M1. On Si futures the recovery factor for the year is about 3-8 (depends on depositing variant and other settings) - everything in MT4 so far.

The question is: how do I sit and wait for profits when I trade with the trend and then lose them in flat? For example, I have a couple of profitable waves and I am losing the rest of time - what thoughts or self-adjustments besides blind faith should help me not to worry while looking at trading results? When you trade against the trend, you get depressed once a year when you lose, but here every day you get a bite of....

Please share your thoughts on this topic.

I think you have described the psychological state of an overwhelming number of traders. "Trading gurus" will tell us, "You have to be confident!". I don't know. It's the fools and fanatics who are always confident, while the adequate ones are full of doubts.

Here we meet the author again - expectations=reality

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I have black thoughts, maybe it's just karma, a curse...

Or... the TS is based on a 50/50 spread = a loss on the spread, and the body reacts quite adequately to what's going on...

How else is she supposed to react? Inside out? What do you want? Be glad the body's sane. Bye. And look for a normal TC, a profitable one.

Or forget about it all and breed fish. The main thing is to be happy and without nerves. All the answers are on the surface...

Aleksandr Volotko:
Or... the TS has a 50/50-spread result = a drain on the spread, and the carcass reacts quite appropriately to what's going on...
and that's the most likely scenario.

Комбинатор:
and this is the most likely scenario

99,999999999%

Victor Ziborov:

I think you have described the psychological state of an overwhelming number of traders. "Trading gurus" will tell us, "You have to be confident!". I don't know. It is the fools and fanatics who are always confident, while the adequate ones are full of doubts.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have not thought about it before, but now I feel that I lack an additional opinion during trading - sometimes I just need to discuss the situation, to filter emotions. After all, when you trade from 10 to 23 my nerves are starting to fray.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I didn't think so before, but now I feel I need a second opinion while trading - sometimes I just need to discuss the situation to filter out the emotions. After all, when you trade from 10 to 23 my nerves are starting to get a little nervous.

Try this: after every loss you stop trading for at least an hour. And just watch

You can make a script for the accelerated scrolling through the history (or use a tester), and watch the graph for an hour before trading without thinking about entries - a good exercise for the subconscious

Aleksandr Volotko:
Or... the result of 50/50-spread = loss of spread in the TS, and the body reacts quite adequately to what's going on...

How else is she supposed to react? Inside out? Do you need it? Be glad the body's sane. For now. And look for a normal TC, a profitable one.

Or forget about it all and breed fish. The main thing is to be happy and without nerves. All the answers are on the surface.

I test on all ticks to check these options, so the spread is sort of taken into account. The commission is not taken into account - but I have estimated - the profit should cover it. On real the slippage is bigger, especially on stops, sometimes it seems that broker slows down (this issue should be investigated separately).

Yes, on the whole 50% on 50%, but for trend strategy is it so bad, considering that the trend is 30% of the time on any TF?

Besides, the two pictures from the tester, if we look at a longer period, there were such situations, and the drawdown is not the maximum for the whole period. I just got such a horrible period at once, or not by accident, that's what bothers me...