Would you sign up for such a signal if I made a 5% drawdown ? - page 2

ksp1983:

If honestly, what confuses me about other people's trading robots it's three things - lack of knowledge of decision-making algorithm for entry and exit and therefore the inability to control it, the lack of statistics for 1,5-2 years and the discovery that I made for myself - having tested MT4 at 14 brokers - is the difference in spreads, swaps, quotes, leverage and margin - that eventually may make a profitable strategy with low profit or even unprofitable, that's why I believe only in what I see and check myself. Some words about brokers. I do not know who trades with who, but my choice has stopped on the forex club and fxopen, and the latter judging by the reviews have problems with payments, as well as with support, as they could not open my account in a week, so there is only forex club, I wanted to test alpha - but it is very difficult to register - a lot of documents. I have come to such a conclusion, I have spent a lot of time for such simple conclusions. I already have my robots for trading with good test results for the last 1.5 years and I realized that I should not be afraid of stops on gold, my robots are only for gold - 100-150 pips and 30-40% drawdown - if my robot shows 3000-4000% profit.

I purposely ran it since 2000 to show stable performance. If you run it for 1.5 years, you can show the profitability you're talking about, but it won't be quite fair.

I had the original indicator made, now I will try to run it with it.

if you make such a drawdown, the growth of the depo will be reduced by a factor of 7.

Aleksey Vakhrushev:

How come it won't decrease? In my opinion, it shows equity drawdown. It`s strange to post reports of a super-unprofitable Expert Advisor and write no no, the robot will be different.

I swapped the standard terminal indicator for a homemade one.

Maksim Levashov:
If you make such a drawdown, the growth of the deposit will decrease by a factor of 7.

How can you say that if you don't know the algorithm?

Any programmer can write an Expert Advisor that will show any result in the tester without too much trouble.

Sergey Zhukov:

Any programmer will write an Expert Advisor without much effort, which will show any result in the tester.

Firstly, I'm not a programmer, otherwise I would have written an Expert Advisor with a 5% drawdown.

Secondly, any non-programmer can see that this is an absolutely real trade. Moreover, it bypasses the news. Well, at least it enters in the middle of the news, if it is triggered.

Maksim Levashov:
if you make such a drawdown, the growth of the depo will be reduced by a factor of 7.

If you are talking about the algorithm as it is now, then yes, but I will change the closing algorithm. But the essence will not change - it will be Locker.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

If you are talking about the algorithm as it is now, then yes, but I will change the closing algorithm. And a lot more, but I don't know how to write it in the code yet, but the essence will not change - it will be Loker.

You asked, you were told why not, then you started to say that we don't know the algorithm and the indicator is different, and if you run your EA at a certain point, it will lose as the max drawdown is 13 000 at the depo 10000, you are being told constructively, but you like air locks better. As for the question of 100 per cent with a 5 per cent drawdown, half the country will subscribe to the signal (but there is a certain curve of profitability). But go ahead, good luck.

Aleksey Vakhrushev:

You asked, you were told why not, then you started to say that we do not know the algorithm, and the indicator is different, and if you run your EA at a certain point, it will lose as the max drawdown is 13 000 at the depo 10000, you are constructively saying, but you like air locks better. As for the question of 100 per cent with a 5 per cent drawdown, half the country will subscribe to the signal (there is a subtlety in the yield curve). But go ahead, good luck.

You will get the best of them. Thank you.

Sergey Zhukov:

Any programmer can write an Expert Advisor that will show any result in the tester without too much trouble.

What are you talking about?))) Are you talking about fitting the tester results or what? Programmer and trader are usually different personalities, and in my opinion the robot written by programmer mostly depends on the quality of strategy, I mean if every programmer knows the TS that the robot you presented, then yes, anyone will write it ... IMHO