Are there any competitors? - page 7

Nikolay Demko:

If you don't use it, why bother!!!! super

I can see the world within a 40km radius (to the horizon), I don't give a shit about the rest of the world, I don't use it anyway, let's chant a nuke at it.

and if you use it, then everybody needs it? you're hilarious.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

In reality, the execution speed can be less than a millisecond through MT5... Some brokers have the same ping and the same execution time. But this quickly ends when they start transferring you to "another liquidity provider"... so the platform itself isn't the issue here, but how, to what and at what end it is connected at the broker's side :)

so what's the conclusion?

mmmoguschiy-new:

so what's the conclusion?

Everyone has their own, obviously.)

Renat Fatkhullin:

Maybe this question has been asked many times before, but what's the problem with creating a way to make the same programmes work on both 4 and 5

I don't quite understand what we're talking about?

Once again we are trying to figure out if there is something cooler than MetaTrader?

Three years ago I tried to switch to WLD (I wanted to apply my experience in C#). And then I would periodically repeat these attempts. Each time I got weaker and weaker. Everything that is really needed is available in MT, MQL is not very different from C++, and with the increasing popularity of MT - I'm loosing the desire to explore other platforms.

For me the question "MT4 vs MT5" does not exist after the introduction of hedge accounts. For a long time I wrote library classes with transferable interfaces, so all the tests and settings are done in MT5, and then - for the real use of EAs they are recompiled on MT4, where they are used finally (brokerage companies still have a lot of MT4 accounts)

mmmoguschiy-new, my friend, if I'm not mistaken, you're threatening to formalize your TS and rip the market. How's that going ?

trader781:

Maybe this question has been asked many times before, but what's the problem with creating a way to make the same programs work on both 4 and 5

In my opinion, there are too many differences in function. There is no point. It is much easier to write code that is portable and works on both platforms without problems.

fxsaber wrote a quite decent portable library for this purpose. If you can't (or don't want to) write your own, use it...

mmmoguschiy-new:

and if you use it, then everybody needs it? You're hilarious.

There are 200,000 unique users a day, you're the first one to say: give me the compiler.

People are all different but I'm the same.)

MT has everything you need. But I would like to see alternative charts - crosses/zeros and renko - in addition to candlestick, bar and line charts. I have to make up custom indicators for these purposes.

Vitalii Ananev:
MT has everything you need. But I would like to see alternative charts - crosses/zeros and renko - in addition to candlestick, bar and line charts. I have to make up custom indicators for these purposes.
I'd like to see them in the form of aeroplanes, please. And a propeller spinning...

George Merts:

In my opinion, there are too many differences in function. There is no point. It's much easier to write code that is portable and works on both platforms without problems.

fxsaber wrote a quite decent portable library for these purposes. If you can't (or don't want to) write your own one, use it...

I see it as a user crutch. Not everyone who sits on mt even knows about the existence of this forum, and even less about this library