Are there any competitors? - page 4

Renat Fatkhullin:

He is not an opponent.

Just pouncing and the history of bans with their descriptions confirms it. Read from the beginning of the thread what nonsense he wrote about the toy and fpga, and then changed his mind to "product is definitely powerful".

Renat, I didn't take my shoes off!!!

Turn off the ego, take an antidepressant(if necessary) and read again.

Nikolay Demko:

Of course it is nonsense, mql works in terminal environment, it has its own optimised datafeed infrastructure, and you want to rip it all out into the outside world. It's easier to use C++ and write your own stuff.

Finally!!! At least someone understands what I'm talking about!!! That's what everyone around here is doing!!! Writing in sys... java... python... but not in mql!!!

mmmoguschiy-new:

Buddy, the "downshifters" on Wall Street are selling platforms for more than a hundred quid a month! How do they compare to a mainstream mql-algotrader on a cent/demo account and a free platform, which he nevertheless pays out of his own pocket in commissions, marcap and drained cent deposits?

Just because they sell, and even sell expensive, doesn't mean they are better.
And it's not a fact that they are bought.

Renat Fatkhullin:

He is not an opponent.

And yes I am not your opponent, for I am voicing my opinion. I'm not arguing or opposing anyone!!! Personally, your product is a toy to me at the moment! I've played with it in the first year. If you do happen to create what I am asking for, I will change my mind and will certainly sing your praises on every corner.

Serhii Lendych:

Just because they sell, and even sell for a lot, doesn't mean they are better.
And it's not a fact that they are bought.

So go to the states and check it out - why guess?

I didn't say they were better - you don't know what I'm talking about either. Every thing is for a certain purpose. Otherwise it will be like in Krylov's famous fable about the monkey.

You can pay a lot of money, but you can't make and multiply your fortune if you don't "know how to cook".

mmmoguschiy-new , what you write about fpga-ka - is needed only for hft-people and has no relation to that mass segment of medium and long term algrading which MT5 product is focused on. So on hft forum it might be meaningful, but here it's obviously nonsense to even start such a discussion.

For my part I am more concerned about the impossibility of using MT5 in cryptocurrency algotrading. If you look at this area, at the conferences that are held (see eg in Moscow recently was "Trading in the era of robots and Bitcoin"), there is no MT5 in principle!!! They discuss and offer completely different alternatives, and unfortunately more primitive solutions than the MT5. There are even cryptocurrency terminals that are built in the image of our favourite (for example, Ter*nalCoin that was created by one of MQL5 community members)

The reason is that cryptobooks, crypto-purses and mobile crypto-applications basically use web-interface to attract clients and for full-fledged trading with MT5 the MT5 server should be able to receive trade orders from third party applications, but it is not possible in current configuration due to lack of open server trading API. The API through which the native mobile terminal and web terminals connect to the server is closed for partners and developers (although some exceptions for MT4 seems to be made for BTC-E).

And it's very sad that MQ can't see that the MT5 platform is missing this market because of such a seemingly trivial feature like FIX, which almost all trading servers have now.

mmmoguschiy-new:

Renat, I didn't take my clothes off!!!

Do you think that with the inclusions of "well I actually admit it", you are overriding the outline?

Of course not. The idea behind your speeches is absolutely pure and clear - the thoughts were clearly stated.

Also, it's worth admitting that you don't use MetaTrader 5 at all.

Sergey Lebedev:

mmmoguschiy-new , what you write about fpga-ka - is needed only for hft-people and has no relation to that mass segment of medium and long term algrading which MT5 product is focused on. So on hft forum it might be meaningful, but here it's obviously nonsense to even start such a discussion.

For my part, I am more concerned about the impossibility of using MT5 in cryptocurrency algotrading. If you look at this area, at the conferences that are held (see eg in Moscow recently was "Trading in the era of robots and Bitcoin"), there is no MT5 in principle!!! They discuss and offer completely different alternatives, and unfortunately more primitive solutions than the MT5. There are even cryptocurrency terminals that are built in the image of our favourite (for example, Ter*nalCoin that was created by one of MQL5 community members)

The reason is that cryptobooks, crypto-purses and mobile crypto-applications basically use web-interface to attract clients and for full-fledged trading with MT5 the MT5 server must have possibility to receive trade orders from third-party applications, but it is not possible in current configuration due to lack of open server trading API. The API through which the native mobile terminal and web terminals connect to the server is closed for partners and developers (although some exceptions for MT4 seems to be made for BTC-E).

And it's very sad that MQ can't see that the MT5 platform is missing this market because of such a seemingly trivial feature like FIX, which almost all trading servers have now.

My friend, do you even know what algotrading is? i can see the long term scorrelation on the weekly chart on any charting site. and i don't need any fucking platform!!!

Sergey Lebedev:

For my part I'm more concerned about the impossibility of using MT5 in cryptocurrency algotrading. If you look at this area, at the conferences that take place (see e.g. "Trading in the era of robots and Bitcoin" in Moscow recently), there is no MT5 in principle!!! They discuss and offer completely different alternatives, and unfortunately more primitive solutions than the MT5. There are even cryptocurrency terminals that are built in the image of our favourite (for example, Ter*nalCoin that was created by one of MQL5 community members)

The reason is that cryptobooks, crypto-purses and mobile crypto-applications basically use web-interface to attract clients and for full-fledged trading with MT5 the MT5 server must have possibility to receive trade orders from third-party applications, but it is not possible in current configuration due to lack of open server trading API. The API used for connecting native mobile terminals and web terminals to the server is closed for partners and developers (though some exceptions for MT4 seems to be made for BTC-E).

We do not lose anything.

Whoever needs it, buys the platform and runs cryptocurrency trading on it. They are no different from other currencies or instruments.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Do you think that by splashing in "well I actually admit", you are overriding the outline?

Of course not. The idea of your statements is perfectly clear and straightforward - the thoughts have been stated clearly.

Also, it's worth confessing that you don't use MetaTrader 5 at all.

Ranet, any words can basically be twisted in any way. I said exactly what I said. How you understand it is up to you. It depends on whether you have a half-full or an empty glass.

And yes, I don't use the fifth meter. I use the fourth. For the needs for which it's used, that's enough. For everything else, there are other tools.