Are there any competitors? - page 2

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Yes, but that's the way they think :) and someone even buys sometimes... probably

And some of those paid ones are considered (maybe already considered - past tense) the most popular on the world stage....

Still, there is room for improvement in the MT5:

1) lack of client FIX API on MT5server inhibits the use of MT5 for cryptocurrency algotrading development ,

even granddaddy Quik has got FIX , but its integration with crypto site doesn't give anything to end clients in terms of algotrading ...

MQ promised this feature sometime in 2010/2011 but then froze it,

may be the development of fintech in Russia will move the API trading topic?

2) the absence of custom datafeeds - it's been said a lot, almost all competitors have them and allow not to depend on the quality of the MT5-server data filling at a particular broker,

MQ has promised this feature since last summer, sit and wait;

3) the lack of a full-fledged forward testing, as well as the general management of the testing process from MQL5, which would be very useful,

This feature is available in many competitors, eg A*brocker, W*thlab and other automated trading platforms,

walk-forward allows you to evaluate the stability of EA over-optimization process,

many times discussed on forum too, but few people understand the significance, no one knows anything about MQ's plans for this feature yet...

FIX gives nothing, no real development for platforms.

We have built a huge ecosystem without datafeeds. Don't confuse your demand with market demand.

The Walk forward optimiser in MT5 has been there practically from the beginning. But no one has calculation farms and cloud optimization. They are not mature enough.

Have you ever wondered why MQL has so much virtually for nothing and why other platforms don't have it all?

In order to just buy/sell a tool I don't need to do megatons of titanic calculations!!! I just buy/sell!!! If I need speed I buy an FPGA and write a program at a low level and I, again, don't need those very tons... I don't need a graphical interface... I just need the price!!! Well a few at most. You don't need them to make a split second decision, because while you're counting, others have already done the deal!!!

There's no doubt in the abilities and pluses of mql, but these pluses are needed only to justify the ever-increasing computing power. It's nothing but a big, contrived toy!!! It's a market. A market for that very power... a market for useless programs and advisors!!! Why are they useless? Because they have little to do with reality.

About 90% here don't know what the market depth is. They can't even tell a Bid from an Ask, and you give them such tools... That's where the field for many years of games is unprecedented! There's a lot of competition .

And
now the next mainstream guru, who's been writing a mega-advisor for three years using lagging simulated quotes from the demo server, who's been testing it for two years, using thousands of agents around the world and megawatts of electricity, optimizing it for another year by using the same thousands of agents, starts his miracle-creation on a real cent account (and good if it's on a cent account). Naturally, in a matter of days or hours he drains his cent account. And now ask yourself why? The answer is described above. We may even use neural networks, but all the same - it will not help! Artificial Intelligence is also possible ... But if the creator does not have it, it cannot be replaced by artificial intelligence. At least not yet. What's left to do? Of course sell this miracle for a hundred or even a thousand greenbacks. There's a market for it. You might as well go into programming.

But to get your nose plugged into reality, you also need a hefty sum in dollars. It's a pity it's too much for most mainstream gurus.

Once again - those who understand what's going on and what they're doing - don't need it all!!! They can get what they need by other means. And if you're bored and have nothing to do with your time, there are plenty of other things to do.

mql is very accessible and offers a very low entry threshold just like forex trading itself... anyone can download and start development... but that is not to say that mql is beyond competition...

There are innumerable developments for other algorithmic trading platforms... scalper drives... pair trading automatization... for example DAF group or StockSharp...

most discount brokers provide their API for all major languages...

just like real exchange trading it's not as easy and accessible as forex ...

PS: but i have a great respect for the work done by methaquotes.... they created a very thoughtful and detailed programming environment... the only pity is that so far it's all related to forex only and this threshold has not been crossed and stock trading has remained in its infancy, except for a couple of brokers who agreed to take it on...

although MT was originally created for forex and there is nothing to be surprised about....

Renat Fatkhullin:
Note that the algorithmic trading in our platforms appeared in 2001 (16 years ago), when others had no idea about it.

And the ones we had (Metastock and Tradestation) were only analytical (backtesting without real execution on the account).
Rumus more...

Heroix:
Rumus also...
Don't be ridiculous. I know the history perfectly well.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Don't be ridiculous. I know the story very well.
The man just wanted to cheer you up, to make you smile. And you...

mmmoguschiy-new:

Have you ever wondered why MQL has so much virtually for nothing and why other platforms don't have it all?

In order to just buy/sell a tool I don't need to do megatons of titanic calculations!!! I just buy/sell!!! If I need speed I buy an FPGA and write a program at a low level and I, again, don't need those very tons... I don't need a graphical interface... I just need the price!!! Well a few at most. You don't need them to make a split second decision, because while you're counting, others have already done the deal!!!

There's no doubt in the abilities and pluses of mql, but these pluses are only needed to justify the ever-increasing computing power. It's nothing but a big, contrived toy!!! It's a market. A market for that very power... a market for useless programs and advisors!!! Why are they useless? Because they have little to do with reality.

About 90% here don't know what the market depth is. They can't even tell a Bid from an Ask, and you give them such tools... That's where the field for many years of games is unprecedented! There's a lot of competition .

And
now the next mainstream guru, who's been writing a mega-advisor for three years using lagging simulated quotes from the demo server, who's been testing it for two years, using thousands of agents around the world and megawatts of electricity, optimizing it for another year by using the same thousands of agents, starts his miracle-creation on a real cent account (and good if it's on a cent account). Naturally, in a matter of days or hours he drains his cent account. And now ask yourself why? The answer is described above. We may even use neural networks, but all the same - it will not help! Artificial Intelligence is also possible ... But if the creator does not have it, it cannot be replaced by artificial intelligence. At least not yet. What's left to do? Of course sell this miracle for a hundred, if not a thousand greenbacks. There's a market for it. You might as well go into programming.

But to get your nose plugged into reality, you also need a hefty sum in dollars. It's a pity that most mainstream gurus can't afford it.

Once again - those who understand what's going on and what they're doing - don't need it all!!! They can get what they need by other means. If you're bored and have nothing to occupy your time, there are plenty of other things to do.

This is nonsense.

You can take MQL5 and tear your invented low level with laughter. Don't you know that the quality of code generation and speed of execution in MQL5 is often on the level of the latest C++ compilers.

And all this is available to the masses (not single heroes) without any hassle and implementation of endless bikes to build and analyze the market environment. Oh yes, you are not going to analyse the market, you have a "flow of ticks and buy-sell". And it's people like you who spend years on your bikes instead of validating trading ideas.

The power of platforms (do not confuse them with primitive handicrafts) is in the huge information complex, which provides not only a diverse market environment, but also gives the maximum opportunities for analysis and research.

This is what Metatrader provides to a huge number of traders around the world.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Real nonsense.

Let's take MQL5 and tear up your invented low level with laughter. You don't know that the quality of code generation and speed of execution in MQL5 is often on the level of the latest C++ compilers.

And all this is available to the masses (not single heroes) without any hassle and implementation of endless bikes to build and analyze the market environment. Oh yes, you are not going to analyse the market, you have a "flow of ticks and buy-sell". And it's people like you who spend years on your bikes instead of validating trading ideas.

The power of platforms (do not confuse them with primitive handicrafts) is in the immense information complex, which provides not only the maintenance of a diverse market environment, but also gives the maximum opportunity for a variety of analysis and research.

This is what Metatrader provides to a huge number of traders around the world.

So make a compiler for the masses!!! A cross-platform compiler that will be of no value!!! I have already made an enquiry - and no one says anything...

As for the rest described above - a virtual data toy