A flat indicator. - page 2

Yuriy Asaulenko:

And consolidation or flat - can you define it yourself?

Yes, I can. You have to understand when a consolidation turns into a flat. Well, it is clear when. We need to understand the beginning of this transition.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

I can. We need to understand when the consolidation turns into a flat. Or rather, it's clear when. It is necessary to understand the beginning of this transition.

If a trader knows how to identify the beginning of a trend/flat, then he is a millionaire!

A good indicator of a flat (that's how the word is spelt correctly) is a D1 candle. If the subsequent candle is both higher (or lower) than the previous D1 candle, then it is an up trend. The moment this pattern is broken, it is a flat.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:
Can you tell me the best flat indicator in your opinion? If you don't mind, you can post it here or in person.

I may say from personal experience that the algorithm for determining the flat is not an easy thing. The mechanism is quite complex and cannot be mastered by beginners. If we do something simple, we get nonsense that does not work properly. But you should try it))

I've never heard of a flat indicator.

I am in the process of developing a similar indicator. I'll show you what I've got when I get the results.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
I'm in the process of developing a similar indicator. I'll show you what I've got as soon as I get the results.
Prototype:

Screenshots of the MetaTrader trading platform

EURUSD, M1, 2017.06.07

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

EURUSD, M1, 2017.06.07, MetaQuotes Software Corp.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Prototype:

Not bad, but it looks more like a sideways flop. And how did you formulate the criteria for a flat? Can you describe it in words?

Реter Konow:
Not bad, but it looks more like a sideways flop. And how did you formulate the criteria for a flat? Can you describe it in words?
So far it's simple. A specific height (no more than 100pp) and a specific length (no less than 35 candles).

Alexey Kozitsyn:
So far, it's simple. Specific height (no more than 100pp) and specific length (no less than 35 candles).

I see. I would suggest narrowing the range for the flat and checking the candle volume. It has to be low too, otherwise it's already consolidation.

Реter Konow:

I see. I would suggest narrowing the range for flat and checking for candlestick volume. It should also be low, otherwise it is already consolidation.

Low in relation to what?

For volume, I think it would be difficult to write a criterion... In any case, the volume filter is not the primary concern at the moment.