Structure and composition of FOREX market participants - page 12

elibrarius:

If you mean Al-ree, they caused a two-second delay in my trades when I started earning good money. Didn't keep track of the spreads, might have been something too. I guess that aggregator I was dealing with was physically on the moon.)
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/99112

Since the execution was always 2 seconds, I think my account was firmly tied to one of the vendors (the slowest), rather than choosing ECN technology, i.e. with the best price.

When I asked for a report on transferring my trades to liquidity provider, they replied that they do not provide such data.

On their forum, I was told that they are not an ECN, but rather an STP broker.

In short - if you do not drain yourself, they will worsen your trading conditions - with spread, speed, maybe something else they come up with...

I had a demo account there ECN. I checked the quotes, but they matched, so I started communicating with them further. But in real trading I don't know. I haven't traded yet. Well, yes, and standard accounts there, the broker himself determines the price depending on the market and the current supply demand of his clients, in short, spins like a spinner, and in fact there just the software works, because a man is not able to process instantly such arrays of supply and demand and determine the price/quotation, taking into account the right to change it within 0.05%.

How are things now, have you stopped trading . Any experience with real ECN trading? They complain about jumping quotes and my tests confirm it. Suppose I have a 60 pips step before a counter-order opens. But eventually it may open in 100 points))). So, it is considered normal for ECN. Although, on my compiler the time is about 270-300ms. Maybe this is the reason why my Expert Advisor and the market have no time to reach an agreement and respect the market moves, although I can see they are trying.) But they are doing a bad job. The market has not succeeded well, but at least there is no cheating program. We will see when there is an opportunity to do real trading.

geratdc:

How are you doing now, have you stopped trading? Do you have any experience in real ECN trading?

I lost money a couple of times, that's enough.
I can`t trade more, I prefer pAMM accounts, but I`m not going to work with real account while I`m not able to trade stable even with delays and spreads.

I don't go for real account. They complain about jumping quotes and it is confirmed by my tests. Suppose I have a 60 pips step before the counter-order opens. But in the end it may open in 100 points)))) So, it is considered normal for ECN. Although, on my compiler the time is about 270-300ms. Maybe this is the reason why my Expert Advisor and the market have no time to reach an agreement and respect the market moves, although I can see they are trying.) But they are doing a bad job.

On the news and other gaps - they all jump. For some people it is more than for others less - I think it depends on liquidity providers and their number.

For some people they have more and some have less, I think it depends on the liquidity providers.

The 2 seconds delay to a selected account is enough for a trader cheating program.

There is another post - the Central Bank's response in the thread about the risk of forex closure in Russia.

Talked to an Australian broker about an ECN account, here is an excerpt from the answer to a question about what the spread on ECN accounts is and whose it is:

"The spread is never fixed, it depends on the market. During news and low liquidity periods you will see higher spreads, this is normal.Spreads are set by our liquidity providers, not by us".

So there is a market spread on an ECN after all. Now it remains to find an aggregator that will agree to merge the quotes history, which it supplies to this broker and which the broker already puts in my mt4. So there will be an independent client control of the broker's quotes for positions that were closed with losses.

The situation becomes clear little by little)))

Why am I coming back to this topic? The broker has separated from the aggregator, with which they have already built bridges. And I wonder whether the broker is not afraid of such an open aggregator, which will help clients to register broker's antics on ECN accounts? I can write anything I want on the website, but I sleep better at night with an opportunity to access the quotes history from the aggregator)))

geratdc:

Talked to an Australian broker about an ECN account, here is an excerpt from the answer to a question about what the spread on ECN accounts is and whose it is:

"The spread is never fixed, it depends on the market. During news and low liquidity periods you will see higher spreads, this is normal.Spreads are set by our liquidity providers, not by us".

So there is a market spread on an ECN after all. Now it remains to find an aggregator that will agree to merge the quotes history, which it supplies to this broker and which the broker already puts in my mt4. So there will be an independent client control of the broker's quotes for positions that were closed with losses.

The situation becomes clear little by little))))

Why am I coming back to this topic? The broker parted ways with an aggregator with which they had already built bridges. And I wonder whether the broker is not afraid of such an open aggregator that helps clients to register broker's tricks on ECN accounts? I can write anything I want on the website, but I sleep better at night with an opportunity to access the quotes history from the aggregator)))

Imagine how angry brokers are, chasing mum traders, in order to rob them ten quid by drawing quotes. They need a kick in the ass!

When you see a spread of 1000-5000 on a five-figure, you will understand what the OTC market is all about.

The answer came from the Support Team at the Australian broker

Jan 25, 22:52 AEDT

Hello,

Quotes are supplied by liquidity providers, the names of which you can see on the main page of our website.

On request we can provide details of the transaction, how it was executed on the side, tick data, available quotes at the time of execution, etc. but the name of the specific LP on whose side the transaction was executed, we cannot tell based on the agreement with the liquidity providers.

There are many factors which show that we are a True ECN broker. You can look at our reputation and market presence, feedback from traders. There are now many independent websites which can help you evaluate the fairness of your execution and the accuracy of your pricing, such as TradeProofer and MyFxBook.

Kind Regards,

That is, the name of the particular (LP - liquidity provider) who will execute the order - is unknown. Perhaps this is due to encryption (anonymity) of client's order streams in their data transmission environment - they just can not track who executed my order because the orders are impersonal there. All the same, the letter points to the prohibition of agreements with liquidity providers. They are hiding something from us)))

So, they also gave me the name of the aggregator:

Good afternoon!

Our liquidity provider is xOpenHub UK.

I will be in contact with xOpenHub tomorrow. I will find out if it will give me a quote history if I conclude an agreement with its partner broker.

geratdc:

I will be in contact with xOpenHub tomorrow. I will find out if he will give me the quote history if I conclude an agreement with his partner broker.

What did they say?

Did you find out where the "liquidity providers" get the quotes from, do they broadcast them or are they the agents who make the trades?

SILVERPRINT:
When you see a spread of 1000-5000 on a five-figure, you will understand what an OTC market is.
It can happen occasionally, because the market is not always liquid, but usually when the main market participants have holidays or before weekends. Or exotic currencies. Generally speaking, a big spread means a lack of traders, because the more of them, the tighter the prices are.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

And what was their answer?

And did you find out where the "liquidity providers" get their quotes from, do they broadcast them or are they agents who do the trading?

Liquidity providers aggregate bank offers. For example, a bank has a client who is an importer and needs currency in large quantities. Another bank, on the other hand, has an exporting customer who wants to sell currency. The liquidity provider brings these orders together. All the applications go into a common pool, which is passed on to the prime broker clients.