Structure and composition of FOREX market participants - page 6

Read the contract with your broker.
Al... have such a clause:
9.16 При рассмотрении спорных ситуаций любые ссылки Клиента на котировки других компаний или информационных систем являются неправомерными и не принимаются во внимание.

So there is no point in comparing, you won't get anything back if something doesn't happen the way you want it to. The contract is signed. I think other companies have a similar clause.

You have to look at the spread, commission, speed of execution, reliability of withdrawal. You have to trade on the conditions that they offer. If you do not like it, go to another one with better quotes. Or go to the exchange, if you have a deposit of appropriate size.

In addition - do not count on being able to open at the bottom of the candles and close at the top. This rarely happens in reality, and few can predict the exact pivot point.

Vitalii Ananev:

Don't compare demo accounts. You should compare real accounts.

And how accurate is such a comparison, for example, with regard to rouble pairs? After all, the broker's quotation in the terminal must contain the spread and costs of the broker's operations initiated by the trader through the terminal directly on the exchange. Or does the broker charge exchange costs as a separate commission, which is charged by the broker when he closes a position regardless of the profit or loss on it?

elibrarius:
Read the contract with your broker.
Al... have such a clause:

In other words, there is no point in comparing, all the same, you won't get anything back if something goes wrong. The contract has been signed. I think other companies have a similar clause.

You have to look at the spread, commission, speed of execution, reliability of withdrawal. You have to trade on the conditions that they offer. If you do not like it, go to another one with better quotes. Or go to the exchange, if you have a deposit of appropriate size.

In addition - do not count on being able to open at the lowest candles and close at the top. This rarely happens in reality, and few can predict the exact reversal point.

Yes, maybe that is what I was remembering. Well, if we are talking about ECN accounts, these conditions are applicable to accounts which are not ECN, right?

There are no questions about commissions - the broker explains in detail how it is calculated and if you want you can calculate it yourself, although the commission again depends on the quote at which the deal was closed, but that is not the point.

In general, I'm just trying to find out the mechanism of controlling quotes on currency pairs provided by the broker in the terminal. The main purpose is the following. This allows me to selectively control (say, on a losing position) how correctly quotes were displayed by a broker during real trading. Actually I put such a request-question to broker about ECN accounts. If there is no answer on this control mechanism I will write to the Central Bank on the subject to oblige the broker to disclose information to clients about providers of disputable quotes. Probably this obligation already exists but nobody uses it.

mmmoguschiy-new:

Even assuming you actually read it, the only conclusion that can be drawn from all that you're pontificating about below is that enlightenment has not arrived!!!! So, as I said before - repeat this procedure in a loop... ...until you win! It will come!!!

And while you're reading it, at least answer these (essentially key) questions:

1) What is the point of someone giving you a better price than it is on the stock exchange/CS?

2) What is a quote and how is it formed?

And - if you are trying to find any differences - do not try to find them in a demo account! All you'll find there has nothing to do with reality.

S.P. Enlightenment in one day will not happen no matter how hard you try!

1. If my broker is an MICEX member - so its quotes must correspond to MICEX, then I need a tool for controlling the compliance of broker quotes to quotes from a provider - a direct participant in the exchange trade or interbank OTC market. My broker has undervalued the rouble and I can buy more roubles for $1, but I have already thought about how such a 'better' price will affect trading results here.

2. good question. The quote indicates how much per unit of the base currency I can buy the quoted currency, and the movement (correction) of quotes in trading is explained to me by some kind of a price tier, i.e. the quote at which the last buy and sell transaction took place, i.e. a two-way buyer-seller transaction. This is the understanding of the issue so far.

Well, the main bar values must correspond to real ones, don't you think? Well, I understand the quotes within the bar may dance, but not the opening, closing, minimum and maximum price ... ... even if it's a demo account. My first thought was that the broker puts spread and commission in the quote, but then I realized that the commission is charged separately and is not in the quote - only the spread distorts the quote, but I have no questions about it, I just want to understand the difference in quotes may be due to the spread. There are random deviations from the exchange quotes in the terminal, that is, clearly the spread cannot fly from 520 pips to 1 000 pips, although who knows...

geratdc:

1. The thing is that I do not need good quotes, I need quotes for the market and I want to have a control tool for that.

2. good question. The quote indicates how much per unit of the base currency I can buy the quoted currency, and the movement (correction) of quotes in trading is explained to me by some kind of a price tier, i.e. the quote at which the last buy and sell transaction took place, i.e. a two-way buyer-seller transaction. This is the understanding of the issue so far.

Well, the main bar values must correspond to real ones, don't you think? Well, I understand the quotes within the bar may dance, but not the opening, closing, minimum and maximum price ... ... even if it's a demo account. My first thought was that the broker puts spread and commission in the quote, but then I realized that the commission is charged separately and is not in the quote - only the spread distorts the quote, but I have no questions about it, I just want to understand the difference in quotes may be due to the spread. There are random deviations in the terminal from the exchange quotes, i.e. the spread obviously flies from 520 pips to 1 000 pips.

How, who and most importantly, why are you going to control, if you do not understand what you are talking about? Of all the things you have said, the definition of quote is more or less correct, but that is very, very little!!!! So charge the reading cycle for another round. Here are a couple more questions for you to answer for yourself while reading:

1) What is an ECN and how does it work?

2) Who is a liquidity provider?

And for a hint - open the fly or a book (if you know what I mean) the quotes section and compare the current quotes of brokers.

mmmoguschiy-new:

How, who and most importantly why are you going to control if you don't seem to know what you're talking about at all!!!! Of all the things you said, the definition of a quote is more or less correct, but that is very, very little!!!! So charge the reading cycle for another round. Here are a couple more questions for you to answer for yourself while reading:

1) What is an ECN and how does it work?

2) Who is a liquidity provider?

And for a hint - open the fly or a book (if you know what I mean) the quotes section and compare the current quotes of brokers.

Okay. What is the fly?

geratdc:

Okay. What's the fly?

In most cases forex brokers use quotes from several suppliers at once and feed the terminal with what they think is the best one, so it is unverifiable.

This is an outrage. Everyone has different quotes and where do you find the market one?

Files:
Ask.png  121 kb
Bid.png  133 kb

geratdc:

This is an outrage. Everyone has different quotes and where do you find the market one?

So you start reading thoughtfully - in the link that I have given you. One thing I don't understand is, do they pay you for it?

hrenfx:

As it turns out, it's not enough to write a guidebook, you have to teach it to read/receive it properly.

Reading/receiving speeds.

Classical reading speed (CLR) is the number of letters (words) per unit of time.

Perceptual speed (PSR) is the amount of comprehension/digestion of the information contained per unit of time.

In most cases, each person's ASC is almost unaffected by the true content of what he or she has read. This is a terrible scourge of information perception, from which one must get rid of in the direction of consistency, not of CLR, but of DRR.

Let's take a simple example. Most people read fiction and science literature with the same RMS. That is, when reading a scientific work, the brain does not practically work, mechanically running through a set of letters. In the case of fiction this is sometimes justified. But not otherwise.

How to read a libretto.

It is necessary to move from the common constancy of the CWS to the infrequent constancy of the SWI.

For example, it takes orders of magnitude longer (if necessary) to get into the meaning of a few sentences than it would if you just read it with your CWI.

The fact is, most people read a given libretto within ~ half an hour. This time depends, as a rule, on the individual HRC. As a result, "abstruse and unnecessary". Which, of course, is not true.

In fact, there is so much information in the presented liquor that the time it takes to comprehend it should be measured in days.

If you do not spend a few days to occasionally digest what you read here, then the chances are that you do not fully understand what is written.

You are unlikely to grasp it unless you start parsing every paragraph with a pen and paper, building different schemes and options. Trying something out in the terminals and finding or refuting there different conjectures/assumptions that arise during thinking about it.

Determining the quality of the level of perception.

When any question (own or alien) can be easily included into the created near-market understanding, we can say that the picture of the market basics has been formed qualitatively. If something does not fit - close the gap by any means but one: closing your eyes.

Server Muradasilov:

Why don't you start reading the link I gave you? One thing I don't understand is, do you get paid for it?

I understand the market price as a weighted average of all transactions at a given time (or the price of the last transaction made, but this is not quite correct because the volume of transactions may be small,its weight in total amount of performed deals at the moment will be negligible, and thus the weighted average on all performed deals will more just reflect the price/quote based on prices and volumes of performed deals) and this price should be displayed on the exchange - supplier of liquidity of country currency, on which these deals have been made at the moment. Accordingly, the broker should transmit this market price to me, and traders will decide at what price to buy and sell, after which conducted transactions correct the price/quote of the stock exchange - liquidity provider of the country's currency. Otherwise it is a mess and a scam if the trader has no control over quotes entering the terminal. I will read it again. But what do I care about the broker's quotes? I don't care about his quotes - I want a market quote because he says that the account is ECN, but in fact they all have different ECN quotes...