Init() and DeInit() execution sequence - page 15

Dmitry Fedoseev:

But in general the engineering approach is super - whether it works or not, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't) - not a big deal at all, not fatal.

Mister... Don't lump everything together. I was saying that within one program the sequence OnInit and OnDeinit must be respected, and demanding from MT developers to sequence these functions from different programs is nonsense.

Andrey Dik:
Mister... Don't lump everything together. I was saying that within one program the sequence OnInit and OnDeinit must be respected, and requiring MT developers to sequence these functions from different programs is bullshit.

Isn't it time for you to take a primer and learn to read? Here's my post, which you didn't understand, try again, maybe...

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Isn't it time for you to take up an ABC book and learn to read? Here's my post that you couldn't read, try again, maybe...

So how does this contradict what I said? - it just confirms what I said.)

Your posts are starting to smell like trolling. Everyone has already voiced their opinions, so let's call it a day.

I have the impression that all the current arguments stem from the fact that more than one expert cannot be attached to a chart. This is why people write indicators with functions that are not typical of indicators.

The most observant ones have noticed the new entity - Services in the folder tree window in the new builds of MetaEditor. Services - these are MQL5 programs that are not attached to any chart (but with full access to any of the open charts). Services are closely related to datafeeds (we are slowly introducing offline charts, synthetic tools and other goodies). But they can support the paradigm of "as many experts as you want on one graph"

Slawa:

I have the impression that all the current arguments stem from the fact that more than one expert cannot be attached to a chart. This is why people write indicators with functions that are not typical of indicators.

The most observant ones have noticed the new entity - Services in the folder tree window in the new builds of MetaEditor. Services - these are MQL5 programs that are not attached to any chart (but with full access to any of the open charts). Services are closely related to datafeeds (we are slowly introducing offline charts, synthetic tools and other goodies). But they can support the paradigm of "as many experts as you want on one graph"

And in this debate, whose position is closer to the truth?

Andrey Dik:
And in this debate, whose position is closer to the truth?

Indicators should be used for their intended purpose.

In other words, the sequence of OnInit and OnDeinit indicator's execution when changing thechart symbol-period should not bother anyone

Slawa:
Indicators should be used for their intended purpose.

I.e., the requirement of successive execution of OnInit1() -> OnDeinit1() -> OnInit2()->OnDeinit2() (where numbers indicate copies of the same indicator) is groundless? Or vice versa - have they got the right?

ZS In the latest build of ME has the default encoding changed in newly created documents?

Slawa:
Indicators should be used for their intended purpose

Slava, the direct purpose of indicators is to display information on the chart, not to trade or anything else, but simply to display information.

The information may be different, from calculation of lots to drawing the averaging line by three MAs through the buffer.

What is not according to your definition?

Andrey Dik:

I.e., the requirement of successive execution of OnInit1() -> OnDeinit1() -> OnInit2()->OnDeinit2() (where numbers indicate copies of the same indicator) is groundless? Or vice versa - have the right to be?

No, they are not. I added my post a bit later with an explanation

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Slava, the direct purpose of indicators is to display information on the chart, not to trade or anything else, but simply to display information.

The information may be different, from calculation of lots to drawing the averaging line by three MAs through the buffer.

And what is not according to your definition?

Everything is correct.

But with one detail. The indicators display their information using indicator buffers that correspond to the chart timeframes. Working with objects and chart properties is not the business of the indicator. The chart should ask the indicator for its buffers.

The indicator should not be a control panel