Chatter about the MT5 strategy tester - page 7

Andrey Dik:

Yuri, the shared folder method in the link works. Also, have you ever heard of databases? - The database schema is easily implemented for the MT platform, if only the developers were willing.

Also, if developers don't want to bother with databases, they could implement the scheme of shared folder and work with it by hyperlink in standard mode, without need to make snotty users (99% of them) to bother with hyperlinks.

For example in the terminal settings there is a tab "Shared data folder" where the user specifies the location of the shared folder, and voila! - terminal already knows where to store data and where to go to get it. This is, after all, the twenty-first century!

Andrey, do you know how mt5 mt4 is implemented from the inside?

You've got it right here - I hear your theoretical couch as a stress script

Do you have a high load database, several terabytes in size, hundreds of millions of files, running 24/7 non-stop?

I'm not sure if it's a full-scale pyramid... But you're right, I'm getting a negative feedback from 20 or 5 or 100 sources at one and the same time (in one millisecond) and I need to add an ID to the MM4 base.

Or will you start to think up a wheel that will delete duplicates?

Explain - how do you decide which of the 100 records for a particular tick to keep - if they give rise to 100 terminals - and they are in the base - a merry junk - in one millisecond?

and attention - have fun - and in the next millisecond 100 more hit again - all from hundreds of instruments at once.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Andrei, do you know how mt5 mt4 is implemented internally ?

you got it right here - i hear your theoretical couch as a stress script

Have you ever developed a high-loaded database, several terabytes in size and hundreds of millions of records, working 24/7 non-stop?

You are proposing to write an entry from 20 or 5 or 100 sources at the same time (in one millisecond) that should have only one ID.

Or will you start to think up a wheel that will delete duplicates?

Describe how you decide which of 100 records on a particular tick to keep - if they are created by 100 terminals at once - and they get - a merry junk in the database - in one millisecond?

How to answer softly, so as not to offend anyone ....

You don't need to be an astronaut to know that outer space is cold to say the least, you just need an above average education.

The same is the case with the MT platform. You do not need to be a jack-of-all-trades, Renat or Slava, you do not need to be one of the developers of SQL, it is enough to know how to create links to folders, which are already able to organize the work of several terminals with the same data. Besides, do you want to bet $10000 that I will be able to show the tick stream from one and the same trading tool recorded by several terminals? Wanna bet? - First, this will give you an incentive to think before you say something, and secondly it will make you less self-confident (which in some cases can be dangerous).

In addition, perhaps I'll tell you a secret, but that recording to a file on disk does not happen at every tick, and after some time, for operational data there is such a wonderful thing - random access memory!

Andrey Dik:

How can I put it mildly so as not to offend anyone....

Besides, you want to bet $10,000 on it...

You'd better hand them out to those who want to have a wedding for a dozen terminals on $5 hosting.

In fact, the question is exactly one - how to fit a crowd of terminals on a hosting with 25-30gb disk, where 70% is already occupied by the operating system.

Of course, we won't do that - we don't have self-dealers. And don't get all "I can" hat in your face.

Andrey Dik:

A milder answer so as not to offend anyone....

You don't need to be an astronaut to know that outer space is cold to say the least, you just need an above average education.

The same is the case with the MT platform. You do not need to be a jack-of-all-trades, Renat or Slava, you do not need to be one of the developers of SQL, it is enough to know how to create links to folders, which are already able to organize the work of several terminals with the same data. Besides, do you want to bet $10000 that I will be able to show the tick stream from one and the same trading tool recorded by several terminals? Wanna bet? - First, this will make you think twice before you say something and second it will make you less confident (which can be dangerous in some cases).

Besides, maybe I'll tell you a secret, but it's not every tick that writes a file to disk, but after a certain period of time, there's a wonderful thing called RAM for operational data management!

you're not offended, but rather amused and demonstrated your incompetence and lack of practice.

one more time!

1 you have 100 terminals

2 You need to write ONE tick into a file - but you get a hundred at once (if it's a database, the ID of a tick should be ONE and not 100 rubbish)

your decision!

Renat Fatkhullin:

You better hand them out to those who want to have a wedding for a dozen terminals on a $5 hosting service.

In fact, the question is exactly one - how to fit the crowd of terminals on the hosting with 25-30gb disk, where 70% is already occupied by the operating system.

Of course, we will not do it - we don't have suicide bombers.

:)

Not a wedding, but exactly 25Gb of hard disk space is allocated to me in VPS, where in addition to OS there are about a dozen of terminals. Remained free is about 2GB, and if I had not used "cunning" with links to a common folder, then such a feast of terminals would not work. Fortunately, today's builds consume RAM very sparingly, thanks to MQ for that.

And please do not interfere with me earning 10000$

Yuriy Zaytsev:

No, it's not offensive. It's more like it's funny.

One more time!

1 you have 100 terminals

2 you need to write ONE tick to one file - and you have 100 coming in at once

your solution!

No no, that won't do. First of all, let's make a bet, and then a solution. I will show you two variants: 1) using references to a folder. 2) using flags FILE_READ|FILEWRITE I will show how several terminals write quotes from one and the same symbol to one file.

Andrey Dik:
No no, that will not work. For starters - let's make a bet and then - a solution. I'll demonstrate two variants: 1) using references to a folder. 2) using flags FILE_READ|FILEWRITE I will show how several terminals write quotes from the same symbol to the same file.

You're all clear :-) oh my god... if any of the professionals had seen it, they would have laughed! flags ;-))) what the hell are flags !

you have 100 ticks at one time and only one needs to be recorded !

---

and your 100 terminals will compete for the file by locking it? they will write one by one and understand that terminals 100, have no idea about each other

and 100 more ticks are coming from the same instrument.

I analyze other symbols and there's the same funny rubbish!

You seem to have switched from databases to the Slow file method :-))) and let's go back to the databases. How do you cope with recording from 100 terminals in one source - there should be one record with one ID - and not 100 records

Yuriy Zaytsev:

You're all clear :-) oh my god... whoever saw that would laugh! flags ;-))))

what the hell flags !

you have 100 ticks coming at one point in time !

we're not gonna argue, are we? - sorry, ok, you don't want to do it however you want, so make sure the shared folder link scheme works without problems (if you know how to create links). you can also read the mql help for shared write access to the same file.

Andrey Dik:

are we not going to argue? - sorry, ok, you don't want to do it on your own, so make sure that the shared folder link scheme works without problems (if you know how to create links). you can also read the mql help about shared write access to a single file.
:-) yeah, i kinda don't want to deprive your family of $10,000

Renat Fatkhullin:

You'd better hand them out to the suffering ones who want to have a wedding for a dozen terminals on a $5 hosting service.

I pay $100 for hosting.