What if it works? - page 5

Yuriy Asaulenko:
I don't see any specifics on your part either. Only trolling.

What kind of specifics do you want from me?

In this thread you stated like "I don't use either TA or FA". And I asked you what exactly you use. You replied that MA. I was very interested and asked you to clarify why MA is not a TA method. Where is the trolling?

OK, if you don't want to answer, don't, I knew beforehand that there would be no answer. And I have already given specifics: any processing of price data and the use of the results of processing is TA. It does not matter what exactly is applied, numerical or graphic methods, in any case there is a transformation of price series, this transformation of price series is called TA.

And the FA does not apply the conversion of price series, the FA does not use price data at all. It is an analysis of the external to the price, which is the difference between TA and FA.

So there are only two methods of price analysis: with and without price conversion (prices are not involved in the analysis), TA and FA. So whatever you say, you are using TA to trade because you are applying numerical methods to price series processing.

Roman Vashchilin:
I am interested in the opinion of most traders, how realistic you think it is to use purely technical analysis in trading? (Of course without Expert Advisors and indulging in manual trading, so to speak).

Success in trading is a fickle and unreliable thing. Today it is a profit, tomorrow it is a loss. Success can be long if you get into a trend and trade with a serious risk (move the stop loss by a quarter of the deposit, for example). Thus, it is possible to go through all corrections and with a stable increase of the lot to really increase the capital. Trading should be long-term, but the main thing - is to be able to quit the game in time, and not to enter it again.

That's when the trade will do the trick.

Otherwise, no matter how you spin it, you end up losing.

In short, the only and truly serious task of a professional trader is to catch the beginning and the end of a long-term trend and squeeze the maximum out of it with maximal risk and aggressive trading.

All the rest is just "chattering in an ice-hole". Imho.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I don't understand you. If TA has no terminology, then it does not exist as a field at all. Then there's nothing to talk about).

By the way, by the way, there are no support/resistance levels in mathematics either.

There is no concept of cosmic velocities in mathematics either... Down with celestial mechanics!!!

Алексей Тарабанов:
There is no concept of cosmic velocities in mathematics either... Down with celestial mechanics!!!

Hi! I take it that's a joke)).

The term mathematics is used in the topic in a broad sense - mathematical methods, time series analysis, signal processing, etc. It's in the first posts.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Hi! I take it as a joke)).

The term mathematics is used in the topic in a broad sense - mathematical methods, time series analysis, signal processing, etc. The first posts contain it.

I am talking about support and resistance levels. They are present in TA and absent in mathematics.

Just like values (levels) of space velocities, a product of celestial mechanics, are absent in mathematics.

Mathematics does not need neither support with resistance, nor space velocities. But it is the mother of god for them :)

Алексей Тарабанов:

I'm talking about support and resistance levels. They are present in TA and absent in mathematics.

Just as values (levels) of cosmic velocities, a product of celestial mechanics, are completely absent from mathematics.

Mathematics does not need neither support with resistance, nor space velocities. It is a mother of blood for them :)

I have already said everything about TA. TA from the field - don't attract unnecessary hypotheses. You can do time series analysis without suspecting the existence of TA at all.

Now try to engage in elementary mechanics by mathematical methods without suspicion of the existence of mechanics).

If the market is quite predictable then any trading option will do - manual, automatic (indicators, levels, etc.). If there is news in the market, or expectation of reversal, then it is like a finger in the sky - indicators lag, there are a lot of false breakdowns at levels. Lately I have been quite good at pattern trading (usually analyzing 3-5 latest candlesticks). However this level of trading is not without false signals, but on the plus side there is practically no signal lag. ConclusionWith this approach only automatic trading (it will save your nerve cells )))))

Yuriy Asaulenko:

About TA I have already said it all. TA is in the realm of - don't involve extra hypotheses. You can do time series analysis without being aware of TA at all.

Now try to do elementary mechanics by mathematical methods without being aware of the existence of mechanics).

Sorry, what does your personal experience in the market tell you about "time series analysis without any suspicion of TA"? ?

Don't get me wrong: I personally have never been involved in elementary mechanics. My specialty is cybernetics, alas :(

It is precisely to say that some mathematical methods are not TA is to create an unnecessary entity. There are two entities - TA and FA. FA is the use of economic indicators and news (anything that is not a price chart). TA is the use of chart data. Whatever you do with the chart data, you can apply Pythagoras' theorem or Boyle-Mariot's second law, it will still be thechanalysis.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

About TA I have already said it all. TA is in the realm of - don't involve extra hypotheses. You can do time series analysis without being aware of TA at all.

Now try to do elementary mechanics by mathematical methods without being aware of the existence of mechanics).

Yeah. That's a hell of a lot of nonsense. Find and read the definition of thechanalysis somewhere.