I'm good at draining - page 13

my dear friend zhenya... the chart takes into account everything) have you heard that from the efficient market hypothesis?

it's true: the chart is a current representation of everything that's happening, both technically and fundamentally... the current price already reflects the reaction to the fundamentals...

The fundamentals can be used, but only by insiders... those who got it much earlier have already pushed the price up, those who got it second, rich men and women with bloombergs are late, but they have contributed to the price movement...

as a result, economic news cascades through the market, and the market is up and down...

the market went up and not up.)

the fundamentals are almost the same as TA.... unfortunately this is so imho...

except for fundamentals in investment approaches....for example wellness investing... but that's another topic... if you have a chance, i will tell you about diverse alternatives to conventional trading.... how you can make a profit in any situation on the market, regardless of price movements and so on and so forth...

In short, maybe I'm wrong:

1. As for martingale, signals are unnecessary. The chances of winning, that with random order opening, as well as with the signal are 50/50. Mathematics should work here, something else, but whatever about the signals.

If the signals are still important, it follows from point 2.

2) Why the fuck should I use Martin on a system that already gives good signals with more than 50% probability? Mani management is there, the profit is twice the stop and you earn consistently.

3. about flipping a plum system. it's the same as a profitable one, just the back view. Well, if it's really a losing system. I repeat, really a losing system.

That it is not so easy to create a profitable system, that it is really plum (the mirror image of a profitable one).

Евгений:

1. As for martingale, signals are unnecessary. The chances of winning, that with random order opening, as well as with the signal are 50/50. Mathematics should work here, something else, but whatever about the signals.

If signals are still important, it follows from point 2.

2) Why the fuck should I use Martin on a system that already gives good signals with more than 50% probability? Mani management is there, the profit is twice the stop and you earn consistently.

3. about flipping a plum system. it's the same as a profitable one, just the back view. If it's really a losing system. I repeat, it's really a losing system.

That it's not so easy to create a profitable system that it's really draining (a mirror image of a profitable one).

+ 1

I agree on all counts.....

Евгений:

If signals are still important, then point 2 follows.

2) Why the fuck should I use Martin on a system that already gives good signals with more than 50% probability? Mani management is there, the profit is twice the stop and you earn steadily.

Signals on a martin are necessary. The question is not solved in such a way: either or. There are many different nuances.

Here's the martin, entry by signals and volatility. Signals are simple, based on analysis of last three candles position in relation to MA. Test from 20.04.2016 on USDJPY M5. Without signals it is losing. And without martin it is also losing.

khorosh:

Signals on a martin are needed. The question is not solved in this way: either or. There are many different nuances here.

Here's a martin, entry by signal and volatility. The signals are simple, based on the analysis of the last three candles in relation to the MA. Test from 20.04.2016 on USDJPY M5. Without signals it is losing. And without martin it is also losing.

What are the parameters? Is the stop less than the profit?

Евгений:
What are the parameters? Is the stop less than the profit?

There are no stops. The maximum number of open orders in a series is 4. If there are 4 positions, the drawdown becomes more than 1.5 times the maximum drawdown obtained during testing, the aggregate position will be closed with a loss. The aggregate position will be closed with a profit if there are 13 p (old) profits.

khorosh:

13 p(old) profits.

What do you mean old? By the 4 digits?

Евгений:

You mean the old ones? By four digits?

Yes.

Martin actually pays off when it is plugged into a strategy. Not on its own, but when it is added to the main strategy. Then it can significantly improve the performance of the main TS. But on its own, Martingey is a failed strategy and no fish there.... So it goes like this....