Features of the mql4 language, subtleties and techniques - page 26

Frostikpro:
Hi all! I'm new here.... Do you really make money here?

Yes, you can put unwanted household utensils for sale, 3-litre bottles for example, or an old bicycle)

Grigori.S.B:

No, not all of them. Not so long ago I was unpleasantly surprised when my esteemed brokerage company took a take profit with a significant negative slippage (against me). It was on the news. Tech support explained that this is normal and limits(take profit by definition is a limit order) are executed as MIT(Market If Touched). In other words, when the price touches a limit order level, it is executed as a market order. Of course it is not nice, but there is nothing to do.

Wait a minute, what is a limit order? I must have forgotten, there are no Limit orders in retail Forex? There are only conditional marques, just conditions - some at a better price, others at a worse price.

So all kinds of orders can slide both ways - both TP and SL, and Limit Buy, Sell, and Stop Buy, Sell, so it turns out?

s.w. I remember A. had a service with execution settings (it means MT server allows it), there was also execution at the opposite price (bid-ask), and cancellation at gaps, handy thing, sorry it was cancelled, no one used it).

s.s. fxsaber did a script that checks if there is a negative slippage on the TP, but if the script did not find it in the trading history, it does not say that it cannot exist.

Grigori.S.B:

No, not all of them. Not so long ago I was unpleasantly surprised when my esteemed brokerage company took a take profit with a significant negative slippage (against me). It was on the news. Tech support explained that this is normal and limits (take profit by definition is a limit order) are executed as MIT (Market If Touched). In other words, when the price touches a limit order level, it is executed as a market order. Unpleasant of course, but there is nothing to do.

How is there nothing to do? At the very least, put this... To the list of the unrespected. Or even deeper, as I did years ago.

Aleksey Mavrin:

Wait a minute, what is a limit order then? Apparently I just forgot - there are no limit orders at all in retail forex? There are only conditioned marques, just conditions - some at a better price, others at a worse price.

Well why not? There are limit orders. Only the regulations of their execution can vary.

Aleksey Mavrin:

So, all types of orders - TP and SL, Limit Buy, Sell and Stop Buy, Sell.

Yes, they can. But again, it depends on the rules of the brokerage company.

Aleksey Mavrin:

R.S. I remember A. had a service with execution settings (means MT server allows it), there was also execution at the opposite price (bid-ask), and the cancellation at gaps, a handy thing, too bad it was canceled, no one almost never used it).

I have never seen such an option, not even heard of it and never worked with A. I prefer adjustable DCs.

Aleksey Mavrin:

If I've never heard of it, I've never worked with A. I prefer regulated brokerage companies.

But if the script did not find it in the trading history, it does not mean it cannot happen. I myself accidentally discovered this phenomenon when a triggered TP, set in the positive area, resulted in a loss.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Yes, you can put unwanted household utensils for sale, 3-litre bottles for example, or an old bicycle)

You're a comedian, aren't you?)

Grigori.S.B:

Well, why not? There are limits. It's just that the regulations for enforcing them may vary.

They may. But again, it depends on the rules of the brokerage company.

I have never met such an option. I have never even heard of it and I have never worked with A. I prefer regulated brokerage companies. I prefer the regulated brokerage companies.

Exactly right. I myself found this phenomenon by accident when triggered TP set in the positive area that has incurred a loss.

It seems to me that both brokerage companies and liquidity providers may use Limit order differently, may even be with TP. Although I remember from long time ago - that TP was a market order, but it was a long time ago...

A by the way, these settings were in force for a very long time - and before the RF licensing, and all the time when they were regulated, last year they were removed.

But regulated brokerage companies have worse conditions, and if you lose money you will have to give it back for sure.) What are the advantages? Please ask in person.

Aleksey Mavrin:

Although I remember from a long time ago - that TP was a market order, but that was a long time ago....

No, the TP has always been a limit order and the SL a stop order. I.e. TP could have a positive slippage (in trader's favour) and SL - vice versa.

Aleksey Mavrin:

But regulated brokerage companies have worse conditions and if you lose profit you will have to give something back.) What are the advantages? Please let me know.

There are a lot of conditions, therefore some are worse and some are better. Regulated ones do not use such technologies as requotes, displacement of quotes after a position has been opened, systematic negative slippage, filtering and delay of datafeeds, etc. There are certain guarantees and insurances close to the banks from and in case of bankruptcy. But there are many regulators and their requirements are also different. This is in general terms, I did not go into details. There are no secrets in it, that is why I wrote it here.

And you will have to give every cent you have if you lose - that's for sure. You will not pay your debts with regulated brokerage companies.

For me it is better to be regulated if your deposit is not ridiculous 10-100 dollars.

Совершение сделок - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
Совершение сделок - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Торговая деятельность в платформе связана с формированием и отсылкой рыночных и отложенных ордеров для исполнения брокером, а также с управлением текущими позициями путем их модификации или закрытия. Платформа позволяет удобно просматривать торговую историю на счете, настраивать оповещения о событиях на рынке и многое другое. Открытие позиций...

Grigori.S.B:

No, TP has always been a limit order and SL a stop order.

In essence, yes; in implementation, it's a matter of opinion.

Some kitchens even made limit orders that weren't TP so that they (sometimes) slipped into minus. In any case, you should always look at the regulations.

Hello!

There is an Expert Advisor that uses iCustom. The Expert Advisor eats memory, which is increasing little by little. I think it is because of some array. Expert Advisor and indicator are long. To find each array and add a print with return number of elements, is quite a laborious job. Maybe there are some ideas how, with an additional function, to find all the arrays in use, or just to find who is ramping up the memory there?

Nauris Zukas:

Hello!

There is an Expert Advisor that uses iCustom. The Expert Advisor eats memory, which is increasing little by little. I think it is because of some array. Expert Advisor and indicator are long. To find each array and add a print with return number of elements, is quite a laborious job. Maybe there are some ideas, how with an additional function, to find all arrays used, or just to find who is building up memory there?

Indicator is called with incorrect parameter set