Here's what you can do with OpenCL directly in MetaTrader 5 without any DLLs - page 9

Реter Konow:
I am familiar enough with the situation in the market, because I've spent some time studying it, to agree with your statement about the current state of affairs. However, this situation can be explained by the following:

The Forex market is a mass market for profiteers who only want free money. They are not interested in the product itself - its features and quality, they are only interested in wealth falling from the ceiling. There is no point in explaining anything to them.

To change this situation on the market, you need to attract there another category of traders, the professionals. Advanced and smart traders need quality tools to implement their ideas and strategies. Their EA's graphical interface and extensive visualisation capabilities of market dynamics can help them a lot.

It is on attracting such users that I build my calculation. I think that's the prospect of the marketplace's development.

My idea is to sell not only ready-made Expert Advisors but also high-quality tools for building them, which are designed for advanced traders.

Therefore, the advanced traders have their own programmer, and he, too, is not in the category of "I'll make it for 10", if the super advanced trader has a staff of programmers there. Or do you expect the trader managers from Deutsche Bank, Citadel and others to come to you for products?

Go ahead, I'll watch your progress.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

That's why the advanced have their own programmer, and he's not in the "I'll do it for 10" category either, if the super advanced trader has a staff of programmers there. Or do you expect the trader managers from Deutsche Bank, Citadel and others to come to you for products?

Go ahead, I'll watch your progress.

There are a lot of smart and advanced traders in the world. They surely have sophisticated and original ideas.

Agree that not everyone has the money for a staff of programmers. However, they want to implement their own strategies and create their own Expert Advisor. Even if they are good coders themselves, they need a toolkit that facilitates their work. That is exactly what they can sell.

Each of us can come up with a way to make the other's job easier and sell it through the marketplace.

I think the concept of assembling EAs from plug-ins should be developed. This idea has potential and could be a new step in algotrading.

Eventually, maybe everyone can build their own platform on the MT platform, and develop wherever their heart desires).

Реter Konow:
There are a lot of smart and advanced traders in the world. They must have complex and original ideas.

Agree that not everyone has the money for a staff of programmers. However, they want to implement their own strategies and create their own Expert Advisor. Even if they are good coders themselves, they need a toolkit that facilitates their work. That is exactly what they can sell.

Each of us can come up with a way to make the job easier for the other and sell it through the marketplace.

I think the concept of assembling EAs from plug-ins should be developed. This idea has potential and could be a new step in algotrading.

Eventually, perhaps everyone can build their own platform on the MT platform, and develop wherever their heart desires).
Good idea!

Maxim Romanov:
Good point!

And another TSLab and/or S# will appear, which will glitch, slow down and create a lot of negativity for MT. It's better not to do that, and to write code in its pure form as it is.

I ran the test with the sea all normal but the sky is all in artifacts, what could be the reason for this?

Tested on quad TITAN X (Pascal)

2017.03.19 14:38:31.883 OpenCL Device #0: NVIDIA Corporation TITAN X (Pascal) GPU with OpenCL 1.2 (28 units, 1531 MHz, 12288 Mb, version 376.53, rating 3895)

2017.03.19 14:38:31.883 OpenCL Device #1: NVIDIA Corporation TITAN X (Pascal) GPU with OpenCL 1.2 (28 units, 1531 MHz, 12288 Mb, version 376.53, rating 3895)

2017.03.19 14:38:31.883 OpenCL Device #2: NVIDIA Corporation TITAN X (Pascal) GPU with OpenCL 1.2 (28 units, 1531 MHz, 12288 Mb, version 376.53, rating 3895)

2017.03.19 14:38:31.883 OpenCL Device #3: NVIDIA Corporation TITAN X (Pascal) GPU with OpenCL 1.2 (28 units, 1531 MHz, 12288 Mb, version 376.53, rating 3895)

2017.03.19 14:38:31.883 OpenCL Device #4: Intel(R) Corporation Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2699A v4 @ 2.40GHz with OpenCL 2.1 (44 units, 2400 MHz, 130982 Mb, version 6.3.0.1904, rating 662)

2017.03.19 14:38:31.883 OpenCL Device #5: Intel(R) Corporation Intel(R) CPU Xeon(R) CPU E5-2699A v4 @ 2.40GHz with OpenCL 2.0 (44 units, 2400 MHz, 130982 Mb, version 6.4.0.25, rating 647)

Konstantin:

And another TSLab and/or S# will appear, which will glitch, slow down and create a lot of negativity for MT. It's better not to do that, and to write code in its pure form as it is.

I totally agree.

Dmitriy Skub:
I totally agree.
Excuse me, but what are we talking about here?

What's the negative of MT? Writing code in its purest form? No need for additional tools?

Maybe you don't need to develop either? No need to grow?

Stand still and stagnate for centuries, like a great African tribe?

Also wondering if there are plans to addOpenCL supporttothe MQL5 Cloud Network
Распределенные вычисления в сети MQL5 Cloud Network
Распределенные вычисления в сети MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Заработать деньги, продавая мощности своего компьютера для сети распределенных вычислений MQL5 Cloud Network

Реter Konow:
Excuse me, but what are we talking about here?

What's the negative of MT? Writing code in its purest form? No need for additional tools?

Maybe you don't need to develop either? No need to grow?

Stand still and stagnate for centuries, like a big African tribe?

Personally, I could use a wizard to visually create interfaces, like in VS. And I don't need an EA made of blocks. Tried playing around in Simulink, realised that I would write 10 times faster and better by hand.

Peter, download Matlab and try to build something more or less serious in its Simulink, your eyes will be opened to many things at once. Otherwise you can fantasise for a long time...

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Personally, I could use a wizard for visual creation of interfaces, like in VS. And I don't need an EA made of blocks. Tried to play around in Simulink, realised that I'll write 10 times faster and better by hand.

Peter, download Matlab and try to do something more or less serious in its Simulink, it will immediately open your eyes to many things. Otherwise, you can fantasize for a long time...

One man is already making such a craftsman. I do not know his name exactly, but he is always on forums about interfaces and GUI. In general, if you remember him, you can write to him in a personal message on the subject.

As for the Matlab, I will definitely try it, but it's not about it. The matter is the position of people who reject the idea of development in order to stand still in peace until the rapidly developing world bursts into their slumbering existence and force them to run after the cart slapping their feet in the puddles.