Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 132

DmitrievSS:
1.I wrote an owl, but it's not optimised. No errors appear. What should I look at?
2.How do I transfer ATR indicator readings to my EA?

iATR

Konstantin Nikitin:

iATR

Calling an indicator is clear, but how to calculate SL or potential in a trade. For example SL = atr (14) in pips *2. Or potential, how to set the parameters of the atr passed and compare with the average

DmitrievSS:
The indicator call is clear, but how to calculate SL or potential in a trade. For example SL = atr (14) in pips *2. Or potential, how to set the parameters of the passed APR and compare with the average

ATR values are the values in the price category. You add/decrease this value from the opening price of the order and that's it. Yes, you can multiply by a given coefficient. At my time, when I was investigating volatility, the most acceptable coefficient was 5 (for H1).

DmitrievSS:
The indicator call is clear, but how to calculate SL or potential in a trade. For example SL = atr (14) in pips *2. Or potential, how to set the parameters of the passed atr and compare with the average

To understand what the indicator, variable, function and other things give, it is very convenient to output via Print(); Print and you will see the value, when you see it, you will be able to understand what to do with it.

P.S. Print all calculations - it is very fast and convenient.

Good afternoon all. Can you tell me, is it possible to make the Expert Advisor receive the trading history from another terminal, in online mode? Both terminals are installed on the same computer.

Sergey Morozov:
Good day to all. Can you advise how to make the Expert Advisor receive the trade history from another terminal in online mode? Both terminals are installed on the same computer.

As I see, you need "Terminal2 >> Hosting >> Terminal1".

Terminal2 sends history to server when it changes, and terminal1 gets it on request. The only question is how often terminal1 needs history?

Sergey Morozov:
Good day to all. Can you tell me if it is possible for an EA to receive the trading history from another terminal, in online mode? Both terminals are installed on the same computer.

Need a couple of simple EAs: 1 and 2. One terminal writes (1) information to a file, the other (2) reads.

STARIJ:

Need a couple of simple EAs: 1 and 2. One terminal writes (1) information to a file, the other (2) reads.

Yes, I was wrong, I didn't take into account that it all works on the same machine(

Hello colleagues, how can I pause the test (possibly using WinAPI) at the press of a button or by coordinateson a graph?

Hi!

Can someone suggest an analogue of replacing MaxLotCheck() from MT5 for MT4, thanks