Teach me how to make money. - page 22

prikolnyjkent: mt4trade, something seems to me that you carry out a "reverse" by simply replacing the direction of the open position by a signal from the TS. And at the same time, you keep the STOP SPacing as it should be according to TS. And this - a totally different STATISTICS OF ACHIEVEMENTS (!).

Eugene, I've tried both (1) keeping the stops and (2) increasing/decreasing them by the spread size to compensate for the spread and (3) adjusting the stops so that reverse trades close at exactly the same time and prices as straight trades.

Prikolnyjkent : "Reverse" according to my rules, is not only a change of position direction, but also a change of stop distances according to spread size, so that the reversed position will close at the SAME moment, WHEN THE NEXT CLOSE WAS A DIRECT (!). Only in this case will be saved all the CHARACTERISTICS of the primary statistics of the outcomes of your TS, on which you have decided to bet by analyzing the data.

I suggest you draw or take a screenshot of a chart where your forward position worked, and where the reverse worked. At what levels are the stops there and there.

Here's what I got on the FIRST option you dropped:. The red line, is the OUTPUT chart of the "balance in pips" (on which I raised my question earlier about the spread). The black line, is the "balance in pips" graph resulting from MY TRANSFER. From it, I conclude that your TS generates signals with 50/50 accuracy if you DO NOT take into account the spread,...
Define what 50 / 50 means - that the signal may be correct 50% of the time?
prikolnyjkent : if you DO NOT consider SPRED,...
That's how the spread distorts the happy picture. Seehere.
prikolnyjkent: The black line, this is the "balance in pips" graph obtained by MY way of TRANSFER. ...
Perhaps you have made a mistake in Excel. I will try to do it in order to get the real result. Butpls explain in detail how you change the stops. I will put it into tester and see. But you' d better use the data of variant 2. It will be easier to use.
A third, blue line appears. This is already a "balance in currency" chart... for I chose to play with volumes of positions opened by me when trading against TS signals (but, BY MY RULES OF TRANSACTION) as a source of profit. The rule of changing the position volume was to increase the volume of the position following a losing trade by 10% of the starting volume (for the scale of this chart, the starting volume was chosen =650 units).
Something is not clear here. The volume is the lots, not the points of stops. What are the stops in your case?
prikolnyjkent: But, personally, I'm not interested in just posting a graph. Most of all I'd like to see people's reasoning here ... And ready-made "verdicts" like "ok"... or "crap" - not cool... No, it's not...
I'm refraining from judgments. I'm just showing what I do. :) My reasoning is the same as yours. If I have to do a coup, I do it. I show the results to everyone. :)

prikolnyjkent:

Good afternoon, dear colleagues

But, personally, I'm not interested in just posting graphics.
What I'd most like to see here is people's reasoning...
And ready-made "verdicts" like "ok"... or "crap" - not cool... No, it's not.

What's there to argue about? Second-grade maths. Two spreads per trade on a flip will give you zero. You can argue till morning, you can't change that.

mt4trade:
Clarify what 50 / 50 means - that the signal may be correct 50% of the time?

Yes, 50% of the signals will be correct.

But explain in detail pls how you change the stops.

Shifting them by the value of the spread.

Volume is lots, not points of stops.

Yes... it's lots.

paukas:
What's there to reason about. It's second grade maths. A drain of two spreads per trade on a flip will give you zero. You can argue till morning, you can't change that.

And, like, that doesn't make you happy in any way?

prikolnyjkent:
And, like, it doesn't make you happy in any way...?

I don't know, but you can drink to that.

prikolnyjkent: Yes, 50% of the signals will be correct. Shifting them by the value of the spread. Yes,... these are the lots.

About shifting the stops by the width of the spread - I argue it won't give an accurate trade-to-trade feed. But not the point - the difference won't be very big.

Most importantly, it's not very convenient. Also here I was saying that:just trading against is NO guarantee that you'll make a profit. You have to manage your lot as well. But then what's the point of "flipping"?

It's easier, imho, to take a more adequate TS on the fly. Nevertheless, I tried to do "as you did" for the second variant (1st TS settings are "out of hand" now):

Here the blue line is the balance of the "normal" TS, the orange is just a flip, the grey is "+ worked the lot". :)

All this really worked out in the tester.

Basically, for me you have proved the realism of working with these methods.

What's interesting, I've tried almost all of these myself.

Now I can think about working with a little more serious statistical processing.