Econometrics: State-space model forecasting - page 13

idd, ACF, bootstrapping, risampling.............

all you have to do is run it through the tester!

A tester run won't do anything. The tester will not solve anything. Don't look at the tester as a one-size-fits-all solver.

avtomat:
3. A run in the tester won't do anything. 2. The tester won't solve anything. 1. Don't look at the tester as a one-size-fits-all solution to all problems.

Don't get too rowdy. You have finally motivated the econometrician to program the strategy in MQL, and you are demotivating him/her to the utmost. Why?

You are not writing the truth.

1. No one looks at the tester as a 'one-size-fits-all problem solver'.

2. Yes, it will. It will instantly show potential profitability/loss.

Yes, he will. See point 2.

avtomat:
A tester run won't do anything. The tester will not solve anything. Don't look at the tester as a universal solution to all problems.
I suspect that the author has screwed up the inputs...and the model will redraw...although I may be wrong...

avtomat:
Running it in a tester won't do anything. The tester won't solve anything. You shouldn't look at the tester as a universal solution to all problems.

The word 'model' is an empty word to people. We stick it in the tester - and believe, believe, believe the result .....

Unfortunately faa's advice on how to turn a point forecast into a trend forecast has proved quite difficult for me. It's going to take some time. But things are moving....

Vizard:
..and the model will redraw...although I may be wrong...

Could you clarify 'redrawing'.

When each bar arrives, not only are the parameters of the model recalculated, but a specific one is selected from the 18 used. If you draw charts on history using the newly obtained model, they are very likely to be different. Is it re-drawing? The graph I posted is not redrawn. The value of t+1 stays the same, the point t is drawn, which is not re-drawn when a new bar comes, although it has a different value in the new model.

All models have four parameters that are identical in meaning. Here is a graph of the first one for a 100 bar run of 1036.

With this parameter whizzing around, what does the word "redraw" mean?

ZS. The others also change a lot.

EconModel:

When each bar arrives, not only are the parameters of the model recalculated, but a specific one is selected from the 18 used. If you draw charts on history using the newly obtained model, they are very likely to be different. Is it re-drawing? The graph I posted is not redrawn. The t+1 value remains the old value, a t-point is drawn which is not redrawn when a new bar arrives, although it has a different value in the new model.

If so, it does not appear to be redrawn.

MetaDriver:

Don't get too rowdy. You've finally motivated the econometrician to program the strategy in MQL, and you are demotivating him/her to the utmost. Why?

You are not writing the truth.

1. No one looks at the tester as a 'one-size-fits-all problem solver'.

2. Yes, it will. It will instantly show potential profitability/loss.

Yes, he will. See point 2.

;)) OK. Instead of saying "A tester run won't do anything", I'll put it this way: "A tester run will do something."

Although this "something" will not be the solution of the task. But it may show the way forward.

EconModel:

When each bar arrives, not only are the parameters of the model recalculated, but a specific one is selected from the 18 used. If you draw charts on history using the newly obtained model, they are very likely to be different. Is it re-drawing? The graph I posted is not redrawn. The value of t+1 remains the same as it was before and the point t is drawn; it is not redrawn when a new bar arrives although it has a different value in the new model.

as we are interested only in 1 point (prediction for 1 step), you should watch its change... i.e. you ran the model - wrote the forecast point... gave a new data line... ran it again - wrote it and so on... you should use a simple first model, not using Anasable18... you can use your hands you can use scripts....in this way you made 20-30 steps for example and with the same model you made as on 1 screen....then compare both results and the actual value....I think it will draw black....and is not suitable for trading...