Econometrics: State-space model forecasting - page 8

TheXpert:
Imho, the charts show otherwise )

Yes?....

There's no drawdown..... Only a plus...

I don't get it.

EconModel:

I conclude from the graph: the model is not hopeless, but it won't make money.

We need to work.

The question remains: how to use the forecast?

The answer is given:

Начни с малого.

Сделай и оттестируй на реальных котировках эту систему вообще без спреда. Если не заработает - выбрось нах...

А вот если будет работать (даже с просадками) - есть смысл ковыряться дальше, потому как вообще есть что совершенствовать.

I'll have to hand-check the tester from anonymous.

EconModel:

I conclude from the graph: the model is not hopeless, but it won't make money.

We need to work.

The question remains: how to use the forecast?

Is there a graph of the error distribution? If it is as thick-tailed as the distribution of increments, then immediately ff))

P.S. you can even put them on the same graph for clarity

EconModel:

Yes?....

There's no drawdown..... Only a plus...

I don't get it.

How about an MQL (urgently)? So you don't waste your time. And it would be more fun. And for you and for others. )

EconModel:

Can't find the function

na.locf(p, na.rm = F)

In which package? which class?

library(TTR)

MetaDriver:

The answer is given:

Начни с малого.

Сделай и оттестируй на реальных котировках эту систему вообще без спреда. Если не заработает - выбрось нах...

А вот если будет работать (даже с просадками) - есть смысл ковыряться дальше, потому как вообще есть что совершенствовать.

Yes there is no question about it.

The model is giving a point value with an error. And I'm going to trade a trend and the model doesn't give it.

Therefore.

Which trend trade signal should I test? Above the previous one - long, below - short.

Is it so?

That's exactly what I want to justify - a trading signal.

anonymous:

library(TTR)

All found, result above.

EconModel:

Yes there is no question about that.

The model gives a point value with an error. And I'm going to trade a trend and the model doesn't give it.

Therefore.

Which trend trade signal should I test? Above the previous one - long, below - short.

Is it so?

That's exactly what I want to justify - a trading signal.

There's no need for any trend trading. This is your left-wing whim of some kind. Trade one bar, for starters. Without the spread, that's good enough. If there is a clear profitability in these conditions - there will be something to talk about further.

Avals:

is there a graph of the error distribution? If it's as thick-tailed as the incremental distribution, then f*ck it.)

Better tell me, is there a curvafitter in the stash? )